LanterneRouge

No t20 love?

250 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I'm thinking though whether I should retrain my crew in repairs instead because I plan on taking them up to the Pershing and then on to the Patton?

Until you get to Pershing you should be able to have camo and partially trained repairs. Profit.

57 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Until you get to Pershing you should be able to have camo and partially trained repairs. Profit.

This is what I did on the T20, kept my camo. Just moved up to Pershing and will retrain to BIA, repairs soon.

2 minutes ago, GunnSm0ke said:

This is what I did on the T20, kept my camo. Just moved up to Pershing and will retrain to BIA, repairs soon.

I always fiddle with crews before reaching 3 skills or so.

14 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

I have feeling that I will reach the Pershing right as I finish up with the first skill (camo).

So from Pershing on, I imagine I would benefit more from repairs seeing how view ranges will only become better and my camo become less useful?

13 hours ago, GunnSm0ke said:

Just to clarify, you trained in camo for first skill and then retrained to BIA for your first skill? I though BIA was recommended as the third or so skill?

11 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I have feeling that I will reach the Pershing right as I finish up with the first skill (camo).

So from Pershing on, I imagine I would benefit more from repairs seeing how view ranges will only become better and my camo become less useful?

Just to clarify, you trained in camo for first skill and then retrained to BIA for your first skill? I though BIA was recommended as the third or so skill?

Sorry, I'll clarify.

First skill - SS, camo

Second skill - camo, repairs

(Currently progressing third skill in Persh. When I have enough XP I will retrain to:

First skill - BIA

Second skill - SS, repairs

Third skill - repair, camo)

I welcome any comments on this.

Alright. I hate to be going round and round like this but I'm still not entirely clear on what I should be doing. When I did my heavy crews this was much more straight forward but with mediums there's more grey area.

Anyway, the crew I currently have on the T20 will not be staying with this tank and I don't plan to keep it. The crew will move up and T20 will be sold. So I'm thinking that I should probably get them ready for the next tank and one after that as I really don't want to spend credits or gold to keep retraining them in their skills and perks. Should I just go ahead and get them trained in repairs in that case as first skill? Would camo even be all that useful with the Pattons down the line?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record. I just want to be clear on what to do.

1 hour ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Alright. I hate to be going round and round like this but I'm still not entirely clear on what I should be doing. When I did my heavy crews this was much more straight forward but with mediums there's more grey area.

Anyway, the crew I currently have on the T20 will not be staying with this tank and I don't plan to keep it. The crew will move up and T20 will be sold. So I'm thinking that I should probably get them ready for the next tank and one after that as I really don't want to spend credits or gold to keep retraining them in their skills and perks. Should I just go ahead and get them trained in repairs in that case as first skill? Would camo even be all that useful with the Pattons down the line?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record. I just want to be clear on what to do.

This sounds like on of those questions that doesn't have a "right" answer. T20 is probably a little better with camo first, but not bad with repairs. Pershing is probably a little better with repairs first, but not bad with camo. And you should be getting 2 skills on the crew pretty quickly by playing those tanks, so you should soon have both.

I have repairs on mine, currently 3rd skill. tbh the tanks amazing. this is one of my favorite tanks, snaps well and hits hard, 240 alpha and a 7.75 second reload, with rammer/vents/BIA sure the RoF is lacking but the rest of the tank sells it, its a decent platform. if you take any most tier 7 meds and force them into trading 1 for 1, you win or draw. unlike the 34/100 you have 246 APCR (not 250 HEAT) which makes dealing with spaced easier. its got great shell velocity. damn I'm really liking this grind.

I have repairs cause its not a keeper, and the persh/m46 will benefit form them

BIA-6th-Rep

BIA-snap-rep

BIA-smooth-rep (as long as i am not turning the hull it snaps reliably)

BIA-situational awareness-rep

BIA-SS-Rep

im not pulling uni numbers in it. but only reason im not keeping is i don't play the tier often. but this thing has been great.

@DirtyACE7 the majority of the advice I have been given is to prioritize survivability at the higher tiers for meds. I have been advised that equals:

BIA/repairs/camo.

If you don't want to spend the $$ to retrain I would just progress with that advice. Keeps it simple and somewhat cheap :)

35 minutes ago, GunnSm0ke said:

@DirtyACE7 the majority of the advice I have been given is to prioritize survivability at the higher tiers for meds. I have been advised that equals:

BIA/repairs/camo.

If you don't want to spend the $$ to retrain I would just progress with that advice. Keeps it simple and somewhat cheap :)

Even though there is probably no one "right" answer, i agree that, all things considered, this is the best advice. In the current meta, the T20 is actually an outlier in how it benefits from camo before repairs for many players.

T 20 can not take enough hits for repairs to matter at all. Simply, too low HP, compared to avg alpha.

I carried 2 rep kits, best option if you do not have a 3 skill crew. My crew started with 2 skills, but i retrained to BIA+ camo+view range/ gunnery once they hit the 3rd...just too derpy gun, and BIA+snapshot+smooth ride helped quite a bit.

I think I burned maybe once from some big arty splash...that removed 2/3 my hp anyway. Cola is nice, but cost a good deal of money...and big rep kit is used maybe once in 4 games (and i always get a few from doing missions), but when it is needed, boy, oh, it is needed. Especially from those 400 dmg derp shots that leave you with a lot of modules broken, but still plenty of HP.

T 20 is a tank that should play ridges, so it should not be tracked often. Most shots go to your (soft) turret anyway.

Problem with repair skills on soft tanks without tons of hitpoints (except very tiny ones that are hard to hit) IMHO, are that even BIA and 100% rep crew still repair tracks in about 4 seconds, enough for you to take more shots usually, since ppl just autoaim snapshot you.

E 50 style meds are another story, they are tracked a lot without taking any dmg while sidescraping...But T-54 does take dmg if tracked often, and need rep ...since tracked for 4 seconds does not mean you lose half your health, while tracks are repaired.

Because most tanks in game can not autoaim tracked T-54 at mid distance, and while they turn their turrets and aim a bit, you are repaired and ducking into cover. Especially now when there is no waffle to obliterate you from Chai snipe APCR.

Well I trained repairs cause 1. was moving forward with this tank, wasn't originally a keeper
 so I wasn't training the crew for this tank

2. when you use you repairs kit having tracks get back up quicker is still useful.

3. duel rep kits are nice, but food buffs the gun handling and rof making it a really really good tank.

And I'm officially pulling purple numbers in this. legit my fav tank atm.

Not running food regularly yet. Probably going to keep in the mean time to grind out the persh, and then credits for other tier 8s, then will either sell or train another crew for it. Oh lordy I wish I could give this thing 'prem' status so i could swap crews in and out of it.

Nice Alpha, reload long enough to make me think, thin armor but at tier 7 taking hits=bad anyway. respectable mobility. TBH i may have done okay in the comet but this is way way way better.

I'm just a barely above average player, but T20 makes me green. Nuff said

21 hours ago, Fbomb said:

I'm just a barely above average player, but T20 makes me green. Nuff said

well, when i had your recent stats, i had:

T20 USA MT 7 65 55.38% 1350 64 1.77 1.12 76% 863 56076 2309

I simply felt powerless to solo carry, at the same time:

Cromwell UK MT 6 508 64.37% 1161 44.14 2.08 1.76 69% 924 469463 3170

Also, tank i played at almost the same time, just a few weeks previously:

M4A3E8 USA MT 6 111 59.46% 1056 158.96 1.8 1.37 73% 830 92155 2603

I think my avg spots/ dpg show active play...But tier 7 is for me almost akin to tier 3 - almost powerless to carry. Dpm/ avg hp in tier is about 60-80% worse than tier 6. 

You also get more WR in Crommie/Rudy than T20, although not so big diffetence as mone.

And yes, I watched tons of replays, but still could not get better results than this. Real purples handle this tank far better, I know.

Also, I used upwards of 50% of gold in both USA tanks, when not top tier in E 8 gold shells almost exclusively...

In E8 not just because standard AP pen is lackluster, but without the speed to really flank the heavies most of the time I had to rely on it a lot....only if they were really stupid ones i could flank them. It was mostly ridge snapshotting them. Against tier 8s m1a1 APCR worked rly bad.

In Crommie i have 30% APCR loadout, but use it rarely, since shooting heavies frontally in a tank with so small alpha/soft stats is generally a bad idea...risk/reward is bad...and I use gold only when i flank KV-4s...most of other heavies are dead even when i go around them in reverse, haha

T 20 had more speed for early deployment/running away when front colapses...but still not enough agility to circle most of the heavies...

Also, I tried to make every shot count in T20 by running a 50% gold loadout and hitting heavies, instead of farming dmg on paper tanks that would be killed fast anyway. Maybe with plenty of jap heavies now that role of "beast killer" is more important before...but meta is even less vision oriented than about 1.5 years before.

P.S. 99% of ma games in all tanks are solo. In almost never play stronks , and when i do, VK 28 + heat /HE is my weapon of choice. Hitting Type 64 for 420/ bromwels for 350 of 420 when I see they are not turned my way is hilarious. It also breaks half of their modules/crew, so my teammates in Bromwels can finish them up.

It rams Types fantastic, too.

Heres what im doing in the T20

T20 USA MT 7 64 64.06% 1368 67.73 1.75 1.48 77% 930 59504 2670

Seeing as the last coloumn, the WN8 for me is 2670, which is well over my current stats/recents i would say for you it would be similar. So it still over performed for you aswell Felicius

On 6/6/2016 at 0:48 AM, Curo said:

Seeing as the last coloumn, the WN8 for me is 2670, which is well over my current stats/recents i would say for you it would be similar. So it still over performed for you aswell Felicius

Nope.

"Overperformed" as a stat padder, yes, but not to win games.

And for pure padding, and more WR i could have just stayed on E8.

Fast tanks with good gold rounds have practically guaranteed dmg...that is why you ca pad, and keep the WN 8 well above your current...

I had about 1500 current&1000 overall when i started USA med line a while ago. Of all the tanks for WR is best:

M4>E8>T20

Fun factor (for me)

E8>M4>T20

Crommie is less fun when you derp...but it forces you to play at T X med levels of self awareness. If you can do it well, you just smash faces before ppl can respond...if you fail, you are dead in 3-4 seconds. Very unforgiving tank.

Had perhaps my best ever in a T20 last night (considering the tier, anyway) did 3100 or so in a tier 9 match, by far best on my team. We lost by a mile, of course, as MM granted red team an absurd # of extra heavies on Ruinburg

To contribute to the camo vs repairs question for T20, I agree with @Felicius that camo > repairs in this case. The tank is too fragile to be used as a frontline vehicle, you should instead abuse the godly stationary camo (better than a Chaffee) and the combination of workable accuracy + US APCR to kemp bush.

george-w-bush.jpg

i dont use the APCR really all that often, TBH the speed is enough i can pick my engagments and save the APCR for the hard stuff/important shots.

3 hours ago, Curo said:

i dont use the APCR really all that often, TBH the speed is enough i can pick my engagments and save the APCR for the hard stuff/important shots.

Picking softer tanks lowers your WR. killing heavies during first 3 min is what makes the tide turn one side or another. After that it is just a landslide.

Thanks guys for answering my questions and for being patient with me :)

I've personally been loading almost 50% of my ammo as APCR. The tank does have good mobility and you could relocate to have shots at the flanks but I personally prefer to use all possible opportunities to do damage whether it's from the flanks or head on. If I have a tank in my sights then I want to do damage to it and if it means loading APCR then so be it. The other day I killed off an IS-3 from almost 100% HP which was driving head on to me. This was a 100% APCR kill.

Does it still have a place in the current meta?

I can't get it to work... every match ends with me getting wrecked in the first 3 minutes because I get tracked and ammoracks or tracked and set on fire, or a random 122 derp snaps me from the other side of the map and fucks 3 crew members..

Edit: had a decent 2.5k damage + 1k spotting tier 9 game on Karelia assault attacking from south..

But damn, i lost like 30k credits without even taking any hit..

I am really enjoying this tank, although the gun is a little derpy.  The slower reload has made me more patient, which has resulted in a higher survival rate even though its a fragile tank.  I'm winning in it and playing it a lot.  Those modules though, definitely a double rep kit tank.

A 3500 damage game last week did NOT ace it :kjugh:

You guys need to take a couple of weeks off pleez

I started grinding it not too long ago. So far I like it, had few Tier IX games, mostly Tier VIII, but it should perform OK as long as I keep that APCR coming... and that APCR is pretty damn good.

Still, I have to get used to the gun, derpy but I expected that, being a Tier VII medium with good alpha...

At least it will not do as much brain damage as the Panther did..., god, that thing.