Rexxie

IS-7 Exculpation Thread

496 posts in this topic

On 27/02/2017 at 5:05 PM, ComradeHX said:

Official forum is a bunch of whiners who can't aim at IS-7's lfp (or just load premium and go right  through UFP) and can't figure out IS-7's turret weakspot(it has one, just not an obvious cupola).

Don't buy IS-7 until it gets buffed(or germans/type5 get nerfed).

That's what I figured was going down, some misconception born of retardism. I'll stave off on the IS-7 then. I'm still training a crew for it in my IS-2 because credits, but somehow I don't see me buying it very soon.

1 hour ago, Rin_ said:

That's what I figured was going down, some misconception born of retardism. I'll stave off on the IS-7 then. I'm still training a crew for it in my IS-2 because credits, but somehow I don't see me buying it very soon.

Maybe by the time you get IS-7(no rush), it will get 152mm and "balanced."

Wouldnt be surprised if they buffed IS-7 (and IS-4 too) tbh. I mean, they are russian afterall, russia shall not be unstronk da))) (unless we talk about 268)

I would say IS-7 is probably worst tier 10 HT now. IS-7 is not bad however which is something, but its just that tier 10 HTs are just so good now. I dont think that it would hurt anyone if both IS-7 and IS-4 got gun handling buff and maybe slight DPM buff. There is no reason for these tanks to have such potato guns compared to all other tier 10 HTs.

33 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

Anyone know if the IS-7 is scheduled to receive a buff in the near future? Better gun handling would be nice.

Wouldnt make any sense, since the tank is balanced by the derpy gun. IS-7 is the best tank in game if you manage to get hulldown. Full APCR spam also helps....

On 5/11/2017 at 4:02 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

Anyone know if the IS-7 is scheduled to receive a buff in the near future? Better gun handling would be nice.

I dunno if you've seen it recently and I know your post was 2 months ago but yes, they are in fact giving it better gun handling, plus a better hp/t and 250 extra HP.

Also if you're getting HE spammed should you stop sidescraping and just show him the front instead to receive less damage from HE?

9 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I dunno if you've seen it recently and I know your post was 2 months ago but yes, they are in fact giving it better gun handling, plus a better hp/t and 250 extra HP.

Also if you're getting HE spammed should you stop sidescraping and just show him the front instead to receive less damage from HE?

Yes! I did see the incoming buffs and am excited. I hope they buff the pen on the APCR also because it's a bit low considering the kind of tanks it has to face frontally these days.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:59 PM, DirtyACE7 said:

Yes! I did see the incoming buffs and am excited. I hope they buff the pen on the APCR also because it's a bit low considering the kind of tanks it has to face frontally these days.

is7's main weakness was that gun, it has been nerfed. irc is7 had more accuracy, rof and better aim  time in the past(2011-2012). 

No-one told how good IS-7 is now? No wonder I saw some random match teams having 5-6 IS-7 in one match. Fast, impenetrable turret, decent gun handling. Only weakness is bit low health for heavy tank.

The 300 hp buff helped. Its not reasonably fast, right between the 35 capped HTs, and the 50 kph Chinese HTs. Gun snapshots nicely now, but you should still use your armor to aim. 

I noticed some IS7s moving a lot faster than a heavy tanks should move. This is really stupid - I bet half the meds in the game are now slower than the IS7.

The speed buff made me happy tbh, I was always told the IS-7 was extremely mobile and I felt lied to when I first got the tank.

The gun does feel more comfortable but IMO it really needed a final aiming circle size buff (or a pen buff) as well.  Not even a huge one, just tighten up the dispersion a little bit or something at full aim.

23 hours ago, Gryphon_ said:

I noticed some IS7s moving a lot faster than a heavy tanks should move. This is really stupid - I bet half the meds in the game are now slower than the IS7.

Only on hard terrain. So in the cities where it should be strong anyway. On soft it is still super slow.

On 22/09/2017 at 10:45 PM, PlanetaryGenocide said:

The speed buff made me happy tbh, I was always told the IS-7 was extremely mobile and I felt lied to when I first got the tank.

The gun does feel more comfortable but IMO it really needed a final aiming circle size buff (or a pen buff) as well.  Not even a huge one, just tighten up the dispersion a little bit or something at full aim.

There is two small problems with gun: firstly dpm feels little lowish and secondly more importantly gold ammo penetration is little on lower side so even perfectly aimed shoots on e100 or Maus turret face are random rolls if they pen. 10-20 more penetration would be big boost but well, tank is strong enough already so cannot really ask that. Especially as gold ammo is APCR which is often lot better than HEAT.

What's the equipment setup on this? I assume rammer/vstab/vents line the IS-3 but there might be more viable ones

Funny thing is optics are actually viable on this tank - especially if you use it in CW where  "IS-7 go scout" is actually a thing.  The tough turret gives it good survivability in a forward position and with a decent crew it hits 470 with optics - which works pretty well against other heavies.  Vents are a pretty minuscule boost of 2.72-2.66 aim time and 2543 - 2599 dpm that drops VR from 470 to 438 (with a vision crew). 

Keep in mind that I suck at this game and my advice might also suck

9 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Funny thing is optics are actually viable on this tank - especially if you use it in CW where  "IS-7 go scout" is actually a thing.  The tough turret gives it good survivability in a forward position and with a decent crew it hits 470 with optics - which works pretty well against other heavies.  Vents are a pretty minuscule boost of 2.72-2.66 aim time and 2543 - 2599 dpm that drops VR from 470 to 438 (with a vision crew). 

Keep in mind that I suck at this game and my advice might also suck

With my crew, I swapped the vents out for optics for a laugh about 3 months ago. I am hitting 493m VR now and it has been extremely helpful for digging out STRV's and cammo'd up mediums in many late game situations. So much so that I have decided to leave that setup in place. Like Archaic_One says, the vents are nice, but they can be replaced if you have a good crew.

17 hours ago, simba90 said:

With my crew, I swapped the vents out for optics for a laugh about 3 months ago. I am hitting 493m VR now and it has been extremely helpful for digging out STRV's and cammo'd up mediums in many late game situations. So much so that I have decided to leave that setup in place. Like Archaic_One says, the vents are nice, but they can be replaced if you have a good crew.

Run food with vents if you want viewrange. IMO optics are really only useful early game and late game when you scramble for cover/yolo into camping TDs, which to be fair happens more than one would think, but this is the IS-7.