Treeburst

Fine... T-10 appreciation thread

245 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I can't believe you actually had HE loaded for that shot ahead of time lmao

I knew the bat chat was coming :)  I could see him chasing our scout on the minimap, and I could see that the best escape route for said scout was by coming back to my side of the tracks, so I switched to HE and plotted a course to intercept...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the T-10, IS-7 soon unlocked. Will I be dissapointed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lethul said:

Really like the T-10, IS-7 soon unlocked. Will I be dissapointed?

It's different kind of tank and with recent buffs it's even better. Different play style, in your face HT. Very strong armor, decent gun. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 4:53 AM, Lethul said:

Really like the T-10, IS-7 soon unlocked. Will I be dissapointed?

Probably not.  Unless your favorite thing about the T-10 was the gun handling, in which case yes.

I still think it's an overall improvement on the T-10 but that gun is just... ugh.  At least your armor isn't completely worthless (unless you can't hide your LFP).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Probably not.  Unless your favorite thing about the T-10 was the gun handling, in which case yes.

I still think it's an overall improvement on the T-10 but that gun is just... ugh.  At least your armor isn't completely worthless (unless you can't hide your LFP).

The gun works kinda weirdly in that it has some of the best soft stats of any heavy tank in tier coupled with the worst imaginable hard stats - which, taken together, means you are godly at snapshotting targets in the close/midrange game, but incredibly shit outside 300m - esp when your gold round might as well not exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lavawing said:

The gun works kinda weirdly in that it has some of the best soft stats of any heavy tank in tier coupled with the worst imaginable hard stats - which, taken together, means you are godly at snapshotting targets in the close/midrange game, but incredibly shit outside 300m - esp when your gold round might as well not exist.

I mean, I have no problem hitting targets most of the time (within normal brawling ranges, of course) - but unless I take the time to fully aim I have very little chance of hitting exactly where I'm aiming outside of "I want to hit them with my sword" range most of the time.

 

I've also bounced AP rounds off an E-75's LFP head on, it's fucking frustrating as shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 2:56 AM, Nkrlz said:

T-10 gun handling, holy fuck. It's on par with the Conqueror's. I don't want to ever buy the the IS-7.

To be honest the IS-7's gun handling has been buffed recently so it's noticeably better than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped my grind on the T 10.right after I unlocked the 7. I might have to think about added the 7. Loved the T 10. I will not sell her. She has been collecting dust in the garage for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monjardin said:

I really need to buy back this tank. I loved it when it was the IS-8, but I still haven’t played it since the buffs. What exactly changed?

Turret went from having weak cheeks to pretty much gold-proof, cupolas were shrunk, the roof was flattened, the terrain resistances and accuracy on the move got buffed twice, and irrc the aim time. Basically it became a better heavy and a better medium. Pretty good stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2017 at 11:01 PM, lavawing said:

Turret went from having weak cheeks to pretty much gold-proof, cupolas were shrunk, the roof was flattened, the terrain resistances and accuracy on the move got buffed twice, and irrc the aim time. Basically it became a better heavy and a better medium. Pretty good stuff.

Now WG is saying it may get it's own mini line to a new tier 10?

Quote
  • The relatively lightly armored T-10 didn't really fit well between the durable IS-3 and IS-7, which didn’t stop it from gathering quite an army of fans. Powered by your feedback, it stays at Tier IX and gets its own mini-line headed by yet another newcomer that will be added after 9.22.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/2018-preview/#tab3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been playing the WZ 111111-11-1-4 lately and it is really good, but still not as good as the T-10.  Tier 9 heaviums are the place to be right now, never see more than 5 tier 10s, get to bully tier 7s with mobility, armor and alpha - its a good time to be alive lads, savor it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet it is worth restraining myself from grinding a 5A back from 111 1-4. CCCP must get a new sweet tier X heavy soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Felicius said:

I bet it is worth restraining myself from grinding a 5A back from 111 1-4. CCCP must get a new sweet tier X heavy soon...

Oh I don't know, the 5a is awesome, certainly more versatile than the IS-7, but I am looking forward to whatever the T-10 will lead to next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Been playing the WZ 111111-11-1-4 lately and it is really good, but still not as good as the T-10.  Tier 9 heaviums are the place to be right now, never see more than 5 tier 10s, get to bully tier 7s with mobility, armor and alpha - its a good time to be alive lads, savor it.

This, i love more 1-1-1-1-4 than 5A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, when this tank sings, it really sings.  Start off my day with Fiery Salient, tier 10, I go hill (I'm running optics and a fairly dank crew, and I know I get frustrated when nothing's lit by guys on hill).  We lose, but I managed to block > 4k, do nearly 3k in damage, and spot for a pile more.  Feel like I did my job, but sucks that it was in a loss.

And then...the next few teams all have med players in hyper-aggro moods, and just wolfpack with them.  It works beautifully.  I don't stop and try to defend spots, I shoot a guy and keep moving to next in line, woundeds are getting cleaned up by any one of multiple allies.  Basically w key and LMB the entire time.  Won't always work, but when it does, it rocks, and it's flat-out one of the most fun experiences you can have in the game.  Strung together a few 15-3 or similar games where we just steamrolled a flank and then circled around to the other.  Haven't felt that much lately, was a real joy to do so for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Oh I don't know, the 5a is awesome, certainly more versatile than the IS-7, but I am looking forward to whatever the T-10 will lead to next.

Not interested in an IS-7. i like T-10 sweet gun handling/ pen a whole tier lower, and derps made IS-7 armor too dependable on MM. besides, armor creep meant that the main problem of the tank is the penetration. What was gained by corridor meta, was lost on Maus spam. And fights between Maus and IS--7 are one of the most boring (and expensive) things in WOT. Now the fucking Badger...

WG made the armor creep together with introducing new tanks with shit penetration, besides Chinese TDs every new tank since 2014 had just enough worse penetration not to be able to engage frontally.

That works with Skoda T50, but not the POS Kranvagn, post-nerf Grille...when they remove JPE100 you will literally have better pen in a tier 9 that 10. badger already has a worse gold than tortoise, and a proper heavy like Maus just shrugs it's shells most of the time. 

I am against removing high pen guns in this stupid corridor meta. That is why heaviums work the best. They most often have the better gold shell than superheavies (and TDs) , along with the ability to flex,.

 

I am ashamed to admit, but japanese heavies actually became something good for meta, not bad. they are inflexible, and negate a lot of armor, but they are the only thing that can dislodge a dug-in badger/superheavy. And they are relatively easy to penetrate, although you need to press 2-2.

True mediums suffered the most...proposed pen nerf of about 20-30 mm from like 2 years ago would be nothing compared to this armor creep.

Go with the flow, or die...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 1:48 PM, Archaic_One said:

Been playing the WZ 111111-11-1-4 lately and it is really good, but still not as good as the T-10.  Tier 9 heaviums are the place to be right now, never see more than 5 tier 10s, get to bully tier 7s with mobility, armor and alpha - its a good time to be alive lads, savor it.

The 200k xp i plan to bank for the new 10 should be relatively painless. Just doing doubles with a booster will be pretty easy times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.