Treeburst

Fine... T-10 appreciation thread

245 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, rojo180 said:

Its time to rename this thread to the T-10!

Also any word on the HD remake, is it a confirmed Buff?

Front hull pretty much unchanged, upper side armor (above the spaced armor) buffed from 80mm to 120mm

Turret face buffed from 201mm to 270mm (in game it says 250, but thats the turret ring, not the turret face)

Optics on turret no longer have flat armor under them (used to get the turret penetrated by shooting the optics) 

Ricochet plate where the drivers hatch is became larger.

Pure buff all around. Hull still wont bounce anything apart from occasional poorly aimed ricochets, but turret is pretty great.

Just now, SchnitzelTruck said:

Front hull pretty much unchanged, upper side armor (above the spaced armor) buffed from 80mm to 120mm

Turret face buffed from 201mm to 270mm (in game it says 250, but thats the turret ring, not the turret face)

Optics on turret no longer have flat armor under them (used to get the turret penetrated by shooting the optics) 

So pretty similar buff like the Conq got when it got HD made.

That side armor increase tho better chance for side scraping, 270 turret armor is also really nice.

I want this back in my garage!!!

7 minutes ago, rojo180 said:

That side armor increase tho better chance for side scraping,

Only the upper side was buffed, if they shoot into the tracks that area is still 80mm. So sidescraping at anything other than ricochet is hit and miss.

Ive had the buffed side armor save my ass a couple times tho

47 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Only the upper side was buffed, if they shoot into the tracks that area is still 80mm. So sidescraping at anything other than ricochet is hit and miss.

Ive had the buffed side armor save my ass a couple times tho

I'll take it.

I thought this tank was really good before the HD buff, now it gets added to the tanks to actually fear when hull down.

It has the turret armor, it has the gun, and it has the speed. What else do you want in this tank. BEAST

Just now, rojo180 said:

I'll take it.

I thought this tank was really good before the HD buff, now it gets added to the tanks to actually fear when hull down.

It has the turret armor, it has the gun, and it has the speed. What else do you want in this tank. BEAST

Not to mention in 9.13 its up for a nice mobility buff. Medium terrain resistance from 1.2something to 1.0 and traverse up by 2 degrees.

Well I moved my crew and retrained them to the IS-7 I purchased on discount... RIP IS-8... I may even sell my T-10 to get the E100... I have other tier 9's anyway.

So is this an amazing tank now? I don't think I've had a game with more than 1 Tier 9 present that hasn't had a T-10. Most games have 3-4 of them.

Its not a placebo, it's just that the tank hasn't changed enough to really pull people's opinions around. The change was real and noticable, but the T-10 still feels and plays exactly like an IS-8. Every buff just makes it better and better for those that liked it beforehand.

11 hours ago, SirKnumskull said:

It was already a decent tank before but it is much better now because it finally has a russian bias turret.

I actually thought that the turret was quiet decent before the buff (haven't played it after the buff).

14 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

I actually thought that the turret was quiet decent before the buff (haven't played it after the buff).

It was okay, but it was more something that'd be good on a medium than on a heavy. Think pre-nerf T-54. It was ~200-210mm at its weakest (near the gun) and mostly 250-260 elsewhere. In other words, TDs and HEAT can bruteforce it. Now it's 250mm at its weakest (below the mantlet, 260mm in the spots where the IS-8 was weakest) and 290-350mm elsewhere. In trade the roof was made slightly more pronounced/easier to hit.

So, big change!

Actually plan on buying this back before the conq. The terrain and gun handling buffs look to make this tank an absolute monster. Plus going 40+ in a heavy tank is awesome when you are wielding a 122mm boom stick. XD

I haven't sold mine... lol... I may retrain my IS-2 crew that way and train them up again... too many tanks in my garage, not enough time.

16 hours ago, rojo180 said:

Actually plan on buying this back before the conq. The terrain and gun handling buffs look to make this tank an absolute monster. Plus going 40+ in a heavy tank is awesome when you are wielding a 122mm boom stick. XD

You may be right. Better turret traverse and after fire bloom. Worse on the move ones but more alpha, and a way faster tank.

Hell after the t54 nerf and t10 buff I really think the t10 is better than the t54.

Got the top gun on it yesterday, and it becomes a whole new tank.  It wasn't bad with the BL-9, certainly an enjoyable tank to play.  But the M62 just makes everything better in every way.  Now with the increased flexibility plus the turret buff, I can get into position faster, hull down more effectively, and deal more reliable damage.  

God the ammo rack is HORRIBLE. Getting hit in the entire front 1/3rd of the hull is instant use of a repair kit, only to have it be damaged later in the battle. I've had to finish out so many battles with a 23 second reload. I almost want to use a large repair kit too but it feels like the crew dies pretty frequently as well. Even more reason to never sidescrape, because people will shoot the edge of the pike and kill the ammo.

Other than that I'm really enjoying it. The speed lets you get the gun into useful positions, especially after the buff where it can get into place as fast a Comet. It's such a beast at hunting and killing anything with less than ~210 pen. It can see them, it can run to them, and be almost totally safe from their gun.

It feels like an education in effectively using bad gun depression with a good turret, since the IS-3 is a pure city brawler and I haven't gone very far up the Russian or Chinese medium lines yet. It's so rewarding to find JUST the right spot on a rise and wreck whatever is on the other side.

I was running Food in place of a medkit. Once I retrain the crew to have BIA I expect the Reload to be below 9.5 secs. :D

Just need to make sure I have enough credits to spam rations at my russian crew... fucking fat russians.

It feels like an education in effectively using bad gun depression with a good turret, since the IS-3 is a pure city brawler and I haven't gone very far up the Russian or Chinese medium lines yet. It's so rewarding to find JUST the right spot on a rise and wreck whatever is on the other side.

The IS-3 can do pretty much the same thing one tier lower, especially when it's forced to engage in hulldown play at higher tiers. In fact, the IS-3's turret is arguably superior to its post-Stalin brethren with no cupolas and a smaller overmatchable zone.

In most situations in an IS-3, relying on the side armor is easier than relying on the turret. Sidescraping it can eat literally any shot that isn't explosive. So, unless there's some strange team composition, it's to the buildings. Actually using the gun depression of it is an annoyance outside of the comfort zone when you don't have any corners to work with.

The T-10, on the other hand, needs to use the gun depression more. If I load up a game and see E75, ST-I, IS-7 etc. on the other team there's no way I'm going to choose to brawl with them as first option unless we way outnumber their heavies. Against that I'm simply worse in a head to head fight. So, more often than not it's better off bullying mediums, depressing the gun much more. As an added bonus it also has the gun handling to take the longer range shots that usually entails.