Treeburst

Fine... T-10 appreciation thread

206 posts in this topic

On 10.07.2016 г. at 4:57 AM, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I finally rebought this, ended up moving my girl loader off the T-62A since I don't play that often enough and I really wanted it back.

Still have some issues with the ammorack every time I get shot in the hull but eventually you just learn to not be a dumbass and overexpose, or just deal with the increased reload time.  Still a better tier 9 than the T-54 IMO.

E: also, is it just me or is the AP shell velocity higher than normal?

Actually T-10 have below normal AP shell velocity identical to ST-I,only Type 4 Heavy and VK45B are below it.

wtf am I high then

I swear to god it feels like the shell is faster than other AP rounds i'm used to

Then again I also hadn't played for like a month so

The T-10 really seems like a ridiculous tank to me.  It's basically a less armored, more mobile IS-3 tier for tier that is never bottom.  No glaring weaknesses outside of shit gun depression and a ridiculous gun that can pen pretty much anything if you aim and choose your ammo carefully.  From what I've played against, it feels like the T-54 is the only T9 that can compete with it in terms of raw flexibility.

this thread should not be buried 

by far best t9  heavy, at least for me, easiest to 3mark

really hope they will buff IS7, and give it gun like this at least 

I always said I would happily trade the IS-7's gun for this tank's, especially if it kept the soft stats it has on the T-10

On 6/2/2016 at 1:28 PM, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Tbh I'm almost wishing I skipped the IS-7 and stuck with the T-10. Compared to the T-10 it feels like I'm fighting against my tank's shortcomings a lot more often (worthless lower plate, shit gun, not as maneuverable) without much to compensate for it.

I'll buy back my T-10 but I need a fourth girlcrew first since I only have 3 atm

Mine is still seeing more playtime than the IS-7. It's a great go to 9 for general play. Good speed, good holding power, good firepower. Profitable too, good AP pen, great HEAT pen and good shell cost to damage ratios. Doesn't need food to run well either. 3 skills crew with optics, vstab and rammer make it an ideal all-rounder. When the crew ticks into 4th skills I'll get situational awareness and maybe off-road driving, but 4th skills for the gunner and loader seems pretty optional...

StS87Lk.png

My last 300 or so games in it have been 4k DPG +/- 100. Not much this tank cant do.

my go-to solopub tank

On 3/1/2017 at 2:12 AM, SchnitzelTruck said:

StS87Lk.png

My last 300 or so games in it have been 4k DPG +/- 100. Not much this tank cant do.

my go-to solopub tank

My epeen shrunk little reading this. Thanks. :feelsbad:

That said, it is a great solo tank. One of my favorites as well. 

Holy fucking shit, this is a tank!

This was the first tier 9 I unlocked backn in 2014 but I didnt buy it because it was said to suck and IS-7 sucked so I didnt even bother. 

Yesterday I finished my T-62a/obj140 grind and sold it even if people told me to "keep it, best tier 9" and I have to say best thing I did. 

The T-10 is a fucking beast. Good mobility  and overall top speed, great gun, great turret. Doesnt really matter what tier because those 330mm heat melts the opponents. Its really confident inspiring driving around in a fast heavium with capped vision. 

On 3/6/2017 at 0:00 PM, Wessmen said:

Holy fucking shit, this is a tank!

This was the first tier 9 I unlocked backn in 2014 but I didnt buy it because it was said to suck and IS-7 sucked so I didnt even bother. 

Yesterday I finished my T-62a/obj140 grind and sold it even if people told me to "keep it, best tier 9" and I have to say best thing I did. 

The T-10 is a fucking beast. Good mobility  and overall top speed, great gun, great turret. Doesnt really matter what tier because those 330mm heat melts the opponents. Its really confident inspiring driving around in a fast heavium with capped vision. 

340. 330 is a medium tanks standard heat.

I just bought this thing back because I just learned about the automated in client recovery of premium tanks (and sold my POS T34 and JT88).

Does this thing burn a lot or is it safe to drop auto extinguisher for food?

Also, I retrained a 3 skill medium crew for it that right now has BIA, repairs, camo (6th on commander). I really don't wanna spend the 800 gold to respec the crew skills at the moment, how much will having camo vs. view range and gunnery skills hurt me?

Gun handling is downright amazing, and I believe that I read the gun handling skills are actually really bad to get on tanks with good handling. View range hits 449 with optics and BiA.

I think I've burned maybe twice in 500 games and never ran AFE.

4 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

I just bought this thing back because I just learned about the automated in client recovery of premium tanks (and sold my POS T34 and JT88).

Not to derail the thread, but how does in-client recovery work? I've always used support tickets and the last time I tried to dig it up the links to support pages for the automated system were all dead. 

1 minute ago, Tarski said:

Not to derail the thread, but how does in-client recovery work? I've always used support tickets and the last time I tried to dig it up the links to support pages for the automated system were all dead. 

Open the armory.

Store tab.

Under "Operation" hit the radio button for "Recovery with credits."

Only works for shit sold after some point last year.

Apparently only works for a few days after selling.

I've elited the IS-3 years back and never think of trying the IS-8 / T-10. but I'm thinking of getting the T-10 right now.

But I'm not the type to free exp, and I'm wondering how bad this stock grind will nuke my stats and joy of playing the game. I can treat it as challenge, but still, how much frustration I'll get? And how to make it as painless as possible without spending free exp?

AMX 50 100 which I just get a few weeks back isn't that bad as everything except tracks was unlocked by the time I get it. But for T-10 almost everything has to be unlock from scratch, and it scare me, a lot.

Bounced 3730 damage, put out 5,794 damage.

Victory Tundra T-10 Experience received:5,544   (x3 for the first victory each day)  Credits earned 82,812    Battle achievements High Caliber, Steel Wall, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "I Class" Repairs:    -14 027   Ammunition:    -53 315   Consumables:    -23 000   Total:    -7 530      WN8: 10 010 (100)

16 hours ago, thepingman said:

I've elited the IS-3 years back and never think of trying the IS-8 / T-10. but I'm thinking of getting the T-10 right now.

But I'm not the type to free exp, and I'm wondering how bad this stock grind will nuke my stats and joy of playing the game. I can treat it as challenge, but still, how much frustration I'll get? And how to make it as painless as possible without spending free exp?

AMX 50 100 which I just get a few weeks back isn't that bad as everything except tracks was unlocked by the time I get it. But for T-10 almost everything has to be unlock from scratch, and it scare me, a lot.

I ground mine stock and hovered around a 50% win rate, which was my best at tier 9 for the time. Even loading all APCR in the BL-9, you're losing out on 50 alpha, several points of gun handling, and only gaining shell velocity. You can mount the BL-9 with the stock setup and still have a Vstab+Rammer, but to keep your equipment and get the top gun you're going to need the tracks.

The engine takes you from 13.93 -> 14.75 so that's a possible last module. You can more than likely get past the lack of a third equipment, so I would say put on the suspension equipment and rush the top gun. After that take the top turret, then tracks, then engine. The radio carries over from the IS-3, so just put that on right away.

Don't buy this tank unless you like the idea of having a tier 9 tank that feels like a tier X.  If the thought of having a great handling gun that snapshots for 440 alpha bothers you as much as it bothers me, don't get this tank.  If you are afraid of bouncing Grille rounds off of your turret, you don't want this tank.  If being in a heavy that is as mobile as a medium is troubling, this is the wrong tank for you.  Most importantly, if seeing your name atop of damage lists in tier X games sends cold chills down your spine - avoid this tank at all costs.  I will martyr myself on your behalf and suffer through this horrible tank alone just to save you from having your expectations of what a tier 9 heavy should be ruined forever.  You're welcome.

37 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Don't buy this tank unless you like the idea of having a tier 9 tank that feels like a tier X.  If the thought of having a great handling gun that snapshots for 440 alpha bothers you as much as it bothers me, don't get this tank.  If you are afraid on bouncing Grille rounds off of your turret, you don't want this tank.  If being in a heavy that is as mobile as a medium is troubling, this is the wrong tank for you.  Most importantly, if seeing your name atop of damage lists in tier X games sends cold chills down your spine - avoid this tank at all costs.  I will martyr myself on your behalf and suffer through this horrible tank alone just to save you from having your expectations of what a tier 9 heavy should be ruined forever.  You're welcome.

If you hate buying discounted tanks, today is not the day to buy this tank.

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Don't buy this tank unless you like the idea of having a tier 9 tank that feels like a tier X.  If the thought of having a great handling gun that snapshots for 440 alpha bothers you as much as it bothers me, don't get this tank.  If you are afraid of bouncing Grille rounds off of your turret, you don't want this tank.  If being in a heavy that is as mobile as a medium is troubling, this is the wrong tank for you.  Most importantly, if seeing your name atop of damage lists in tier X games sends cold chills down your spine - avoid this tank at all costs.  I will martyr myself on your behalf and suffer through this horrible tank alone just to save you from having your expectations of what a tier 9 heavy should be ruined forever.  You're welcome.

Or you could just buy the WZ-1111111111111111-4 really.

got my 2nd MoE on the T-10 yesterday. i've researched the IS-7 long ago, and am waiting on some discount sale for that...

and yet i kind of don't want to part with the T-10, as it's just an overall great tank to whip out, especially in a full wolfpack platoon of T-10s. 

what might be interesting to some is my equipment loadout on the T-10, which is gun rammer, vents, and a toolbox. Normally that toolbox should be switched out for a vert stabs, but i haven't really found many issues with the already smooth gun handling, especially with how I play it and the engagement ranges i find myself in. The toolbox has its uses in getting my tracks back up sooner i noticed, back when consumables were one-use, and even so i've found the T-10 when sidescraping can be relatively safe even when tracked. maybe i'm just weird

17 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

got my 2nd MoE on the T-10 yesterday. i've researched the IS-7 long ago, and am waiting on some discount sale for that...

and yet i kind of don't want to part with the T-10, as it's just an overall great tank to whip out, especially in a full wolfpack platoon of T-10s. 

what might be interesting to some is my equipment loadout on the T-10, which is gun rammer, vents, and a toolbox. Normally that toolbox should be switched out for a vert stabs, but i haven't really found many issues with the already smooth gun handling, especially with how I play it and the engagement ranges i find myself in. The toolbox has its uses in getting my tracks back up sooner i noticed, back when consumables were one-use, and even so i've found the T-10 when sidescraping can be relatively safe even when tracked. maybe i'm just weird

I would honestly replace the vents with the vert stab if you are intending to keep the tool box. No reason not to have vert stab on any tank. And I agree, the T-10 is an absolute beast.

4 hours ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I would honestly replace the vents with the vert stab if you are intending to keep the tool box. No reason not to have vert stab on any tank. And I agree, the T-10 is an absolute beast.

The entire equipment loadout is fucked imo.

vertstab, rammer, optics on mine. My garage says I have 496m VR. I get as much assist as damage pretty often, but I do a lot of stupid pokes and pushes so your mileage may vary

21 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

found the T-10 when sidescraping can be relatively safe even when tracked

Cant say I really ever sidescrape in it. Pretty much useless.

This is how you poke with a T-10 if there is rubble/dirtmound/hill. Low chance of lower plate hits and people tend to think the T-10's pike is pure paper and shoot at it since its the larger target.

m75TeNh.png

18 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Cant say I really ever sidescrape in it. Pretty much useless.

Not even reverse?