Treeburst

Fine... T-10 appreciation thread

228 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Graf-Eisen said:

Not even reverse?

pure waste of time. Never attempt. There is one spot out of all maps where I've reverse sidescraped in the T-10 and even then its iffy.

Reverse sidescraping is possible in the is-3 because it doesn't show a portion of its ass while having line of fire. The t-10 shows its ass when it does and in order not to the side will be at a penetrable angle.

Reverse sidescraping in general is a pure waste of time simply because of the time required to set up and requiring a long stagnant game

On 10.5.2017 at 3:55 AM, SchnitzelTruck said:

This is how you poke with a T-10 if there is rubble/dirtmound/hill. Low chance of lower plate hits and people tend to think the T-10's pike is pure paper and shoot at it since its the larger target.

m75TeNh.png

After trying this out, I must say it works wonders

Planning on picking one up when I have enough credits. Couple of questions:

- Rammer and vert stab of course. EGLD without food and Vents with? Or is Optics even a thing?

- Looking on tanks.gg the stock turret has a glaring weak spot above the gun. Is it bad enough in practice to justify upgrading the turret first? Or just go straight for the top gun?

1 hour ago, sohojacques said:

Planning on picking one up when I have enough credits. Couple of questions:

- Rammer and vert stab of course. EGLD without food and Vents with? Or is Optics even a thing?

- Looking on tanks.gg the stock turret has a glaring weak spot above the gun. Is it bad enough in practice to justify upgrading the turret first? Or just go straight for the top gun?

I think I use vents over GLD with no food, the gun handling on the top gun is pretty damn good already.  optics are an option too

Can you even mount the top gun without the top turret?

If not, just go for the gun I guess.

11 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Can you even mount the top gun without the top turret?

Yup, I'd recommend it for easier damage dealing/ grinding 

you lose some aim time and soft stats but actually being able to hurt things makes up for it

Top gun it is then.

Still undecided on EGLD, vents, or optics. If EGLD isn't considered mandatory, I wonder if the overall small stat boost from vents outweighs the ability to spot for yourself? 

I've recently finished the grind on the T-10. It is extremely good. Great gun, good handling (especially for a Russian heavy), excellent mobility. Armour is a bit weak if you're caught in the open, but there's enough there to get troll bounces and keep you alive if you can position well in a brawl.

Overall, it's easily one of the best among what is already a really good batch of tanks (tier 9 heavies). Near complete package and fun to play. Highly recommend.

179 games, 56.98% win rate, with 2,260 damage per game (which is above what I manage on my Cent AX at tier 10).

On 2.08.2017 at 1:23 PM, Balthazars said:

I've recently finished the grind on the T-10. It is extremely good. Great gun, good handling (especially for a Russian heavy), excellent mobility. Armour is a bit weak if you're caught in the open, but there's enough there to get troll bounces and keep you alive if you can position well in a brawl.

Overall, it's easily one of the best among what is already a really good batch of tanks (tier 9 heavies). Near complete package and fun to play. Highly recommend.

179 games, 56.98% win rate, with 2,260 damage per game (which is above what I manage on my Cent AX at tier 10).

Look at is3 turret dispersion and say again russian heavies have bad handling ;)

On 8/2/2017 at 7:23 PM, Balthazars said:

Armour is a bit weak if you're caught in the open, but there's enough there to get troll bounces and keep you alive if you can position well in a brawl.

I bounce more with my ass than with the pike nose.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:43 AM, lavawing said:

I bounce more with my ass than with the pike nose.

Can you bounce a quarter off of it?

5 hours ago, sohojacques said:

T-10 replacement rumour:

https://www.worldoftanksinfo.be/wot-replacement-russian-tier-ix-t-10/

Please tell me this site is full of shit. I only just got my hands on this wonderous machine.

What would be great is if they did the same thing they do with tier 10 replacements and give us the T-10 as a special "premium" vehicle.

But they probably won't so

In the Object 257 thread, it was stated that the T-10 is moving to a new branch off the IS-3. Object 777 maybe?

Considering that the T-10 was a real tank that was used in service it would be strange if they removed it completely... but on the other hand does anything the devs do really surprise us anymore?

They are not removing it. They are moving it to a different tech tree, while having a more logical tier 9 that progress to the IS-7. T-10 production started a few years AFTER IS-7 trials ended; making the progression rather illogical.

Probably not. In the past, when a tank is simply moved to another tech tree with no tier change, you did not get the new tank. All you get is having the replacement tank researched, with equivalent modules researched.

Well, as long as I keep my T-10… If it has its own minibranch, I wonder what the tier X would be (inb4 Object 279 , lol)

9 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

I wonder what the tier X would be (inb4 Object 279 , lol)

Please, no!

800px-Object_279_in_the_Kubinka_Tank_Mus

The gun handling on this thing is a VERY pleasant surprise.  I don't remember the IS-3 having handling anywhere nearly this good.  Won 5 of my first 7, running rammer/vstab/torsion bars (so I can mount top gun + radio + equipment), it's entirely playable that way.  But the gun handling had me wondering if this were really a Soviet heavy,  and that's with the stock turret and tracks.  Really, really comfy to play, and a very enjoyable tank to drive.  Frankly, this is one of the most fun tanks I've played yet.  Was especially fun pushing with the mediums on Murovanka and showing a Pershing how ill-advised it was to try and trade.

12 hours ago, Tanager said:

The gun handling on this thing is a VERY pleasant surprise.  I don't remember the IS-3 having handling anywhere nearly this good.  Won 5 of my first 7, running rammer/vstab/torsion bars (so I can mount top gun + radio + equipment), it's entirely playable that way.  But the gun handling had me wondering if this were really a Soviet heavy,  and that's with the stock turret and tracks.  Really, really comfy to play, and a very enjoyable tank to drive.  Frankly, this is one of the most fun tanks I've played yet.  Was especially fun pushing with the mediums on Murovanka and showing a Pershing how ill-advised it was to try and trade.

Yeah, the ability to legitimately snap shot lower plates with this tank after all of the communist heavy gun handling misery is the main reason I don't have an IS-7 yet. Type 4/5 hatches are not safe from this tank, that alone makes it a keeper.  Oh and 340 HEAT pen?  yes pleez!

18 hours ago, Tanager said:

The gun handling on this thing is a VERY pleasant surprise.  I don't remember the IS-3 having handling anywhere nearly this good

IS-3 is bad example of bad gun handling, that shit has 0.8 on turret bloom, snaps like crazy. I know accuracy isn’t best, but bloom is really good. Part of IS-3 supremacy on T8. 

And yes i like both tanks, maybe T-10 even more because of HEAT and speed. 

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

IS-3 is bad example of bad gun handling, that shit has 0.8 on turret bloom, snaps like crazy. I know accuracy isn’t best, but bloom is really good. Part of IS-3 supremacy on T8. 

Oh, I agree - I wasn't saying IS-3 has bad handling, just that it doesn't feel crazy good the way that the T-10 does.  IS-3 makes me say, "this is good gun handling for a Soviet heavy."  T-10 makes me say, "no way this is a Soviet heavy."

T-10 lets you roll up, stop on a dime, and play skeet with a bat chat:

lDrPhjO.gif

2 hours ago, Tanager said:

Oh, I agree - I wasn't saying IS-3 has bad handling, just that it doesn't feel crazy good the way that the T-10 does.  IS-3 makes me say, "this is good gun handling for a Soviet heavy."  T-10 makes me say, "no way this is a Soviet heavy."

T-10 lets you roll up, stop on a dime, and play skeet with a bat chat:

lDrPhjO.gif

I can't believe you actually had HE loaded for that shot ahead of time lmao