AnArmyofBun

Bun's thread of Transitional Cataloging and discussion (and shenanigans).

2,580 posts in this topic

I am happy that you are moving towards your goal Inciatus, it's always enjoyable to read your posts throughout the forum - sharp but not bitter.

On 2/12/2017 at 9:04 PM, BiggieD61 said:

I am happy that you are moving towards your goal Inciatus, it's always enjoyable to read your posts throughout the forum - sharp but not bitter.

I'm glad you enjoy my posts biggie. Though it is rather a pity this thread has gone so quiet.

Bun has been quite busy. Here she is coming out of the grocery store.

cute-bunnies-29__605.jpg

Yay. Good luck Alesia!  circJaws(look how cute and adorable this emote is that hybrid had)

Everything went great.  Doctor is amazing and has worked with Trans girls before but had recently moved into this area so she is trying to find a doctor willing to assist with administering hrt. 

Alesia that's fantastic news! It is very uncharacteristic of you to have good news :fat: Let's hope its a trend that continues.

Ive been doing pretty well. I've been on the medicine for about a month and have noticed buds forming which are quite sore as well as my nipple has been getting larger and a bit puffy. My nipples were always very tightly inverted and they seem to have gotten quite a bit looser so I can actually see the head which is interesting. Also horrible horrible insomnia. Except for the rare night I haven't slept well in the past three weeks which has been really miserable though I've made a system which seems to let my get six hours or so of sleep a night which is nice though I'm still very tired and my ability to tanks has definitely suffered for it.

Today I was supposed to have my fourth laser session and it hurts so much. Like I've broken my arm, my back, and passed a kidney stone and it is still probable one of the worst pains I've ever experienced. Anyway today while she was prepping I started freaking out and wasn't able to get myself to calm down and started crying I imagine because I know it will hurt a lot and panicking like that makes the pain worse which is great. I know it's supposed to get less painful as it goes on though it has seemed to get worse each time though I have already noticed a lot of thinning on my chin and sideburns which is nice. I asked my mother to come with me to the next one to help calm me and such. I also read somewhere that anti-androgens can lower your pain threshold which is just great.

Unrelated I had a tooth grow in the other week and figured it was the one wisdom tooth I have that might grow in. I went to the dentist and nope it is apparently one of my 12 year molars.

1 hour ago, Inciatus said:

Also horrible horrible insomnia. Except for the rare night I haven't slept well in the past three weeks which has been really miserable though I've made a system which seems to let my get six hours or so of sleep a night which is nice though I'm still very tired and my ability to tanks has definitely suffered for it.

As a guy who's entering his ninth month of insomnia (~3 hours of sleep a night if that), may I ask how you've been handling it?  I've been needing meditation and over-the-counter sleep aids to just hit five hours a night, and even that hasn't been working the past couple nights.  Curious as to what kinds of solutions other people have come up with.

In other news, still lurking.  So glad to hear things are looking up for you, Alesia, here's to hoping your good fortune continues.  That absolutely freaking sucks CiDisguise, though IMO that shouldn't keep you from writing/texting/emailing your younger sister.  Still, I've dealt with my fair share of scumbag parents and all I can really offer on the matter is at least you're getting it over with now, rather than worrying and obsessing over it over the coming months/years.  Awesome that you're providing us with good news Inciatus... well, other than the pain obviously.

Here's to hoping you guys catch some breaks in life.  Hell, if I'm not allowed to catch a break, at least you guys catch them in my stead.

8 hours ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

As a guy who's entering his ninth month of insomnia (~3 hours of sleep a night if that), may I ask how you've been handling it?  I've been needing meditation and over-the-counter sleep aids to just hit five hours a night, and even that hasn't been working the past couple nights.  Curious as to what kinds of solutions other people have come up with.

That really sucks. I found what works for me is to lay down on the couch and have something play on the TV that has relaxing audio but isn't particularly funny or visually interesting. I have a projector instead of a TV so I often have my computer plugged into the projector and I've found that shenryyr's EU4 playlists are pretty good for sleeping to. His voice is nice and relaxing and there isn't a huge amount going on the screen and it is often hard to clearly see what is going on though that normally gets me to sleep in a half hour to an hour. I'll sleep for a couple hours on the couch. Normally around 3 or 4 I wake up and then go over to my bed and by now the apartment has cooled off quite a bit and I can crawl into a nice cool bed and normally fall asleep between a half hour and an hour and a half and get another three hours or so of sleep.

A little bit of a life update. I've been suffering from GERD for pretty much my entire life (basically terrible heartburn). On Tuesday I had a surgery where they placed a magnetic ring around my esophagus to act as the valve I'm missing and keep stomach acid in my stomach as well as repair a hiatal hernia which turned out to be a lot bigger than they thought so they had to make four incisions and put in a dissolvable mesh. Abdominal surgery sucks. Pretty much every movement uses the stomach muscles in some way which was super painful. I needed a huge amount of help to be able to get to the bathroom which took a huge amount of energy that each time would make me nauseous that i would dry heave on the toilet which hurt so much each heave would be a mixture of heaving and screaming. I was kept at the hospital for the day and got released yesterday afternoon and I was feeling a lot better though still pretty terrible. There is some fluid in my lungs which i have to do some breathing exercises to try to get it out as well as having a fever. It hurts quite a bit to breathe deeply. Yesterday I sat down on the toilet to use the bathroom at home and I couldn't get up so my mother had to lift me up which was terrible. We got a seat raiser so that way I can get up off the toilet though I sometimes need my mother to pull up my underwear and pants for me. Sneezing and coughing are super terrible and last night the cat jumped onto my stomach so I pretty much threw her across the room as a reflex. Here's hoping that i don't get post surgery pneumonia and that everything stops hurting soon.

I have a doctors appointment for to discuss hormone treatment this coming Tuesday.  Last time I was there I weighed in at a whopping 312 pounds.  Naturally I was disgusted by that fact and have cut calories severely, avoided anything but simple, small homecooked meals and cut and coffee shop sweet coffee.  We'll see if I've lost any over the course of this month. 

Also have a job lined up that pays out nearly double minimum wage.  That will give me more then enough funds to pay for everything.  Once I start I'll also be separated  from my mother's constant screaming/stress/abuse/whatever.  ...also can buy lots of clothes..dresses...yay

Another update.

Work is good

Appointment went good, have informed consent forms to sign and "homework" of reading from a trans guidebook...though I ended up reading most of it, mostly good advice, a some I didn't agree on but opinions will vary of course.

Hormone prescription will be gotten at the end of next week....deep breaths.

Also I lost 6 pounds with light dieting...only 106 more to go. :feelsbad:

Update:  got my pecription but the pharmacy was out of Estradiol.....yay... so it's being mailed to me next week....

Forever running over road bumps I guess

Update again again:

FIrst daily dose of Spironolactone and Estridol down.  Can happily say that I almost immediately felt better.  I don't want to jump to conclusions at risk of it just being placebo but i just.....felt so much calmer, like I had my head screwed on right for the first time in my life.  Immediately thought about going for a jog with the drive to do so, with no excuses to get in the way but I didn't as I really only have work clothes and it is pretty muddy so I didn't want to ruin one of my two pairs of pants lol.

All in all a great start.

This non depressing/defeatist Alesia is an unusual thing. Hopefully it stays a while. Having it act that quickly could just be a placebo effect, it took about a week for the general feeling of grossness to sort of go away and it doesn't come back immediately if I forgot to take my stuff one morning (which I am unfortunately bad at).

I had my three month appointment last week with the endocrinologist. She doubled my Spiro to 100mg from 50mg twice a day. She had asked me if I still have to shave and determined that I was still converting and making testosterone though like most girls have to shave their legs and such anyway and I've been told pretty much everywhere that the face stuff wouldn't go away on its own so that sort of confuses me. Anyway when I shaved this week I noticed that there was a sharp drop in body hair, a lot less stuff on my chest and tummy and the stuff that was there had largely turned blondish, my armpits also arent growing nearly as much and the back of my thighs seemed sparser. I have also noticed that I am constantly thirsty and I think the amount of water I have to drink has been making my stomach feel upset though if I don't my mouth just tastes gross. Also the pill is huge and feels like if has gotten stuck a couple times especially with my new valve and is quite a bit larger than whole bites of food which I further break up before swallowing. Though on the bright side it is coated much better than the previous pills so I dont get a mouth full of bitter if I screw up by the slightest amount though each time I go to take my medicince I wind up gagging first which is annoying. I've also had an increase in erections this past week which has been really annoying since they had pretty much gone away. I have had a bit more breast and nipple growth as well and there have been quite a few times when my nipples randomly uninvert for a bit which is interesting. I've also found a decent light sports bra which is quite comfortable which is helpful at reducing discomfort from the shirt sliding around over my chest though the top center of it does come up a bit higher than I would like since a lot of my T-shirts have a V neck and a lot of my polos have that similar V since I don't button all the buttons.

1 hour ago, Alesia said:

Is your doctor having you swallow your E or dissolve it under your tongue? @Inciatus

Swallow. They're annoying little pills, like to get stuck on my tongue as I'm trying to swallow them. At least if the outer layer comes off cause I screw up on my first swallow attempt they are sweet rather than the earwax bitter of the spiro.

39 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

Swallow. They're annoying little pills, like to get stuck on my tongue as I'm trying to swallow them. At least if the outer layer comes off cause I screw up on my first swallow attempt they are sweet rather than the earwax bitter of the spiro.

So my doctor actually got her procedure from a med-school friend that has ended up specializing in hrt.  if you desolve the estrogen under your tongue it gets absorbed through the skin and less is wasted in the stomach.

Apparently it's the "new" dosing procedure that they are moving towards.  I'm just repeating what I was told but given how quickly I reacted to the estrogen I'm inclined to believe it is true.  I'm on (2?mg) estrogen right now and I can feel it wear off towards the end of my work day, typically take them in the evenings when I'm home.  Also on spironolactone but idk off the top of my head what my dosage is, cutting the pills in half for the first 14 days then going to one full pill per day after that.

5 minutes ago, Alesia said:

So my doctor actually got her procedure from a med-school friend that has ended up specializing in hrt.  if you desolve the estrogen under your tongue it gets absorbed through the skin and less is wasted in the stomach.

Apparently it's the "new" dosing procedure that they are moving towards.  I'm just repeating what I was told but given how quickly I reacted to the estrogen I'm inclined to believe it is true.  I'm on (2?mg) estrogen right now and I can feel it wear off towards the end of my work day, typically take them in the evenings when I'm home.  Also on spironolactone but idk off the top of my head what my dosage is, cutting the pills in half for the first 14 days then going to one full pill per day after that.

That could be part of it then. Im taking a total of 4mg per day 2mg in the morning and 2mg in the evening so I don't really notice changes throughout the day.

22 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

That could be part of it then. Im taking a total of 4mg per day 2mg in the morning and 2mg in the evening so I don't really notice changes throughout the day.

They're going to bump me up to 4MG as well after a month, kind if easing me into it despite me feeling amazing now.  it's hard to just not take the larger doses to make it last all day rather then having a 1-2 hour lul of feel-like-shit before I get home.

ALso I noticed this morning that my feet are sensitive, like I can feel how course my boy socks are which I didn't notice before, among other things.....strange lol

Glad to see things are going better for you both!

3 hours ago, Alesia said:

That sounds like sublingual administration. I found a page discussing that method for administering estrogen with references to studies here, figured someone might find it interesting.

Very interesting!

AAssuming I got the ~25% availability it might explain why I felt it "wash" over me, delivered that much E basically straight to me brain lol.

AAlso update: I've gotten hyper as hell

just stopping by, hope all is well everyone! 

Welp....got a job for a month and was canned for no reason.  So...unemployed now...

Hrt is going well and I haven't noticed any bad side effects.

sSzWT42.gif

*insert some caption here relating to the gif and postulating about Bun's activities*