AnArmyofBun

Bun's thread of Transitional Cataloging and discussion (and shenanigans).

2,611 posts in this topic

I was going to type something really longwinded but instead I'll just leave this <3 here and say that it's because of friends that went through similar things that I was able to become a more accepting person in life, so I hope that yours can have such a great effect on others as well.

Wow, so much courage shown here.

Good luck to you Bun.

Is it courage?  Or simply the acknowledgement that I must be willing to accept everything that comes with who, and what I am?  I could yes have said nothing and stayed silent.  However, what would that serve?  What education would that provide?  Be it for myself, or others?  It would do nothing.  I had a feeling that the community would be generally tolerant, because most of the people here aren't biased by make believe things.  Our community shuns make believe.  Granted I am almost overwhelmed by the support that you all have shown me, and it's another reason why I would never think of leaving the community.  It also shows, and very much sets apart how much better THIS community is, than any other found for World of Tanks.

Thank you, all of you.

It doesn't matter how you got them, no one can deny the power of the hypnoboobs.

spiralbraanix400.gif

(Even Rexxie can't withstand their power apparently)

All Hail.

This is the bravest thing I've ever seen on any WOT forum so you get my 100% respect for displaying such unconquerable courage on the internets. You've always been nice and classy on both forums and I'm happy that you figured out who you are IRL. Good luck on your journey and I hope it makes you forever happy and complete.

Being brave is just having the ability to do what you feel is right, knowing what consequences may come.  I try to be nice, classy?  Well, Bun after Dark is a little less classy.  XD

I was going to type something really longwinded but instead I'll just leave this <3 here and say that it's because of friends that went through similar things that I was able to become a more accepting person in life, so I hope that yours can have such a great effect on others as well.

<3 

This is another point I'd like to note.  More and more people are starting to know people who are part of the trans community.  Like when the gay and lesbian movement flourished, and everyone started realizing that someone they knew somehow, was directly confronted with it?  It's starting to edge into the trans community.  We're out there.  There's more of us than people reported.  We're just like everyone else. 

All we want.  All I want.  Is to be happy.

(also bewbs)

As much as this absolutely makes my teeth grit.  Here's an example of voicework.

Early: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s3LUQ7wkpM

Late/Now:

IT USED TO BE SO BAAAAAAD

Fun fact my signature is from this E3 match :)

ok, so, confession

i think boobs are amazing

The amazingness of boobs transcends sexual identities/orientations

More on topic;

Best wishes on everything as you continue forward! 

I think it's brave.  I mean, for every gudpoaster (on most forums) there's at least one jackwagon willing to make a complete ass of themselves because internet anonymity.

I've had some (very) small interaction with you on the official WoT forums, and have certainly read a lot (I think) of what you wrote over there and some of what you have written here.  I just assumed you were a woman.  Now that I know you're trans... I couldn't care less find it makes no difference.  Which is different than indifference. (Which is one of the best Pearl Jam tunes, incidentally.  Indifference, that is.)  

I'm still going to respect your opinions on tonks whether I agree or not, and read what you write to see if I can use it to up my game.

Congratulations, though, and much respect for doing what feels right for you IRL even though it is, as you have said, terrifying.

"But you're so tall..."

- Tom Selleck's character, In & Out (old Kevin Cline flick)

I think this song fits perfectly of what you went through.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfx4dutNUA

Adapt, Overcome, Survive.  It's what we all do, every day.  Granted the video is themed towards a domestic abuse survivor, the meaning is clear enough!

If this community as a whole were a little bit more like you, it would be a better place. And if your behavior here indicates what kind of a person you truly are, then the world is a better place for having you.

You've made one difficult step of many. I can not comprehend what you've gone through, or the journey you've begun. To walk a day in your shoes would be an enlightening experience for many. I hope you can find the support you need - and others can find hope in your story. 

If this community as a whole were a little bit more like you, it would be a better place. And if your behavior here indicates what kind of a person you truly are, then the world is a better place for having you.

You've made one difficult step of many. I can not comprehend what you've gone through, or the journey you've begun. To walk a day in your shoes would be an enlightening experience for many. I hope you can find the support you need - and others can find hope in your story. 

I don't know that I'd want the community to be more like me.  I'd rather it be as it is and develop on it's own.  My behavior is just me being me really.  Ask anyone who knows me I guess.  We're here on this earth a blip overall.  80? 90? 100 years?  Our window to exist and live our lives to the fullest is very small.  To help others, to enjoy ourselves, to be who we are.  Better get off my rump and do it yeah?

You don't have to comprehend it, nobody does really.  I'd lend you my pink Adidas though. I have plenty of support, thank everything that can be thanked.  Our local community grows stronger.  My family is with me, for the most part.  My wife is with me.  I have three pages of support here. 

Again, thank you all.  I will continue to reach out to others should they need help :)

I don't know that I'd want the community to be more like me.  I'd rather it be as it is and develop on it's own.  My behavior is just me being me really.  Ask anyone who knows me I guess.  We're here on this earth a blip overall.  80? 90? 100 years?  Our window to exist and live our lives to the fullest is very small.  To help others, to enjoy ourselves, to be who we are.  Better get off my rump and do it yeah?

You don't have to comprehend it, nobody does really.  I'd lend you my pink Adidas though. I have plenty of support, thank everything that can be thanked.  Our local community grows stronger.  My family is with me, for the most part.  My wife is with me.  I have three pages of support here. 

Again, thank you all.  I will continue to reach out to others should they need help :)

Well, support and acceptance is the first step. Normality is the goal.

The only whole issue is that the psycholigical burden and the financial costs are just (still, I would write, but I can't really see this changing) disproportionately large for just following genetic reality in these cases.

Well, support and acceptance is the first step. Normality is the goal.

The only whole issue is that the psychological burden and the financial costs are just (still, I would write, but I can't really see this changing) disproportionately large for just following genetic reality in these cases.

Here in the US we're getting more and more insurance plans that cover what we need.  It's a great thing thats happening.  The psychological burden is another thing.  Most of us, on both sides will say that after we begin hormone treatment it eases the mind considerably.  It certainly did for me so far.

I have to say that I have battled depression myself (middle school is a cruel hellhole) and still have have issues to this day keeping it at bay. I struggle with it especially when I have hit a rough spot in my life where things aren't quite going the way I want and I see my friends and how things seem to be going great for them, an example is it is always a struggle when one of them comes home for summer break from College and I get to hear what she is doing and I realize that I am missing out on those life experiences because I cannot afford to go away to college. But I have never reached a point where even considering hurting myself was an option, at this point in my life I cannot image being that poorly that it seems like a good option. That being said death definitely was a focal point of my mind during my worst, I just never worked my way towards self-inflicted. So, when I read what you have gone through, I am amazed. I had people, my parents mainly, who dragged me kicking and screaming out of the depths of my mind, you dragged yourself up. And that I think makes you something better in my mind.

-Edit: and your selection of music is stellar. Thunderstruck is one of my favorite songs.

Edited by Elvenlord

I don't know you much Bun, I think we've only platooned once or twice together.

That said, you've got one shot at life, and you have the luxury of living in this day and age where experiences like yours are possible. You probably don't need to hear this, but don't let anyone's opinion bring you down, regardless of whose opinion it is. Some people will accept you for who you are, some won't... and keeping the latter kind of people in your life is nothing more than a waste of time. Live to the fullest, fuck the haters and enjoy your new path. You know, all that yolo shit.

Congratulations on coming out, here's hoping everything goes smoothly with your parents. In case it doesn't, no offense but fuck 'em. If learning that their child is happier than she's ever been in 14 years doesn't make them happy, then they don't deserve you.

also you can send me invites if you need someone to shoot tonks with :)

I have to say that I have battled depression myself (middle school is a cruel hellhole) and still have have issues to this day keeping it at bay. I struggle with it especially when I have hit a rough spot in my life where things aren't quite going the way I want and I see my friends and how things seem to be going great for them, an example is it is always a struggle when one of them comes home for summer break from College and I get to hear what she is doing and I realize that I am missing out on those life experiences because I cannot afford to go away to college. But I have never reached a point where even considering hurting myself was an option, at this point in my life I cannot image being that poorly that it seems like a good option. That being said death definitely was a focal point of my mind during my worst, I just never worked my way towards self-inflicted. So, when I read what you have gone through, I am amazed. I had people, my parents mainly, who dragged me kicking and screaming out of the depths of my mind, you dragged yourself up. And that I think makes you something better in my mind.

-Edit: and your selection of music is stellar. Thunderstruck is one of my favorite songs.

Well.  I'm a high school and college drop out.  I graduated only from a chop rate culinary school.  I've never been very well at holding down jobs.  I understand how you feel when you say you miss out on college.  All of my friends went to university except one, who went into the airforce.  They would regale me of fun and wild tales.  I knew however, it wasn't for me.  Now.  I'm a housewife and I couldn't be happier.  It takes us all some time to find our paths, what makes us happy.  Sometimes, when you're depressed.  You have a hard time feeling *anything*, so when you have the thoughts of finally shutting it all out.  That sting of sensation, the finality.  You feel something, and you savor it because its SOMETHING to feel.  It's very dangerous.  I've been there many times.

Things will improve, we just have to make them improve.

I don't know you much Bun, I think we've only platooned once or twice together.

That said, you've got one shot at life, and you have the luxury of living in this day and age where experiences like yours are possible. You probably don't need to hear this, but don't let anyone's opinion bring you down, regardless of whose opinion it is. Some people will accept you for who you are, some won't... and keeping the latter kind of people in your life is nothing more than a waste of time. Live to the fullest, fuck the haters and enjoy your new path. You know, all that yolo shit.

Congratulations on coming out, here's hoping everything goes smoothly with your parents. In case it doesn't, no offense but fuck 'em. If learning that their child is happier than she's ever been in 14 years doesn't make them happy, then they don't deserve you.

also you can send me invites if you need someone to shoot tonks with :)

People like me have been around for an extremely long time.  We've held ritualistic, even holy positions in other cultures.  Still do perform ceremonies in Thailand that can only be performed by people like me.  That being said, some of us go to great extremes to make ourselves reality.  I'm so very fortunate I don't have to turn to things like prostitution and crime.  Many girls with less opportunities, especially minorities who are transwomen? transmen?  They do turn to prostitution.  Even that's better than dying, because that's what it comes to.  Eventually, you just can't live anymore the way you were.

Awareness of what actually goes on is not commonly known yet, but it's growing in scope of knowledge daily.

Would I do what they do?  Absolutely if I had to.  I could never return to the way things were before.  I know what waits in that dark place.  Nothing.

My best friend from high school told me last year while we were playing tanks that he wasn't going to be a he anymore.

I hope things go pretty well for her.  If she needs anything, please don't hesitate to send her my way.

Did you ask for bewb pics?

Natural progression.

Well.  I'm a high school and college drop out.  I graduated only from a chop rate culinary school.  I've never been very well at holding down jobs.  I understand how you feel when you say you miss out on college.  All of my friends went to university except one, who went into the airforce.  They would regale me of fun and wild tales.  I knew however, it wasn't for me.  Now.  I'm a housewife and I couldn't be happier.  It takes us all some time to find our paths, what makes us happy.  Sometimes, when you're depressed.  You have a hard time feeling *anything*, so when you have the thoughts of finally shutting it all out.  That sting of sensation, the finality.  You feel something, and you savor it because its SOMETHING to feel.  It's very dangerous.  I've been there many times.

Things will improve, we just have to make them improve.

The hardest part of the college thing for me is that I want to go, I had been accepted to colleges I wanted to go to, but the funds were just not there for me. And yes I agree things will improve, but only because I make them improve. I work at Wal-Mart as a Sales associate, a lot of my co-workers don't understand me because I want to go into management (they feel that the pay wouldn't be enough of an increase to justify the added hassle to become a department manager), but what they fail to see is that I refuse to be a sales associate the rest of my life, I do not want to cap out at $20/hour after 20 years of work. So, yes I know that my life will improve, the hard part for me is that I have to look at my friends who often have opportunities handed to them because of who they were born to and I have to make my own opportunities and it takes far longer for those to come to fruition.

.I am happy for you though, I have always thought of you as female, so reading parts of this were confusing to me because I didn't realize that you were trans, I always assumed that you were lesbian... But I guess that is the anonymity of the internet for you.

There is only one question that matters, Bun: When that damn tier 8 Russian prem med is released, do you still want to platoon with me on the EU server? :armoredcar:

Good luck with the medical stuff!

There is only one question that matters, Bun: When that damn tier 8 Russian prem med is released, do you still want to platoon with me on the EU server? :armoredcar:

Good luck with the medical stuff!

Yes.  Yes I do Zinn.  I would plat that over there.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

A couple of things I've learned in the nead 1/2 century I've been lucky enough to live on this planet :

Don't stress over things you can not control -shit happens, you can only control what you do and think,

Do what makes you happy so long as it doesn't cause grievous harm to anyone else,

Being happy with yourself is more important than anything else,

and don't worry too much what others think because despite the fascade their lives aren't always as "perfect" as they let on.