Touch_Me_Harder

Bad at TD's. Good Guides/Streams?

6 posts in this topic

I am a very new player to Tank Destroyers. My skills are above average but yet I cannot seem to learn how to "TD" effectively. I've watched limited high level play with TDs but It has been hard to find a consistent tank destroyer player. If anyone knows of a great tank destroyer player who streams I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

The most effective way I've learned in WoT is by watching skilled players do things, mimicking that and learning WHY that was done that way so that I can apply it in the future. Also any good guides that are known would also be great assets for my "TD Training" ^_^. Thank you in advance.

I could probably produce some mediocre replays on a sheriff account which likely won't be representative of actual matches, if you were interested in those. Any tanks in particular that you were interested in?

I have similar problems as OP, and it isn't really worth starting a new thread for this, so I'll write my brief story here if you don't mind:

As a mainly med player, I thought I'd go for the 263 as that is the fastest TD around with good armor to make up for the lack of the turret. The idea appeared to be pretty good until I realised that the tds before it are rather slow, and/or have no armor at all, and need regular TD playstyle(ehm.. camping and waiting, am I right?).

I gave it a go anyway and bought the SU-100 back(after selling the su-152 because of its sluggishness), and realised that I'm really useless with a TD. If I camp at a regular TD spot, I often just get bored of the waiting, lose focus, and end up making a lot more mistakes. If I go closer to the fight and try to brawl, I end up dying after 1-2 shots because of the lack of turret, armor and HP.

In the most of my SU-100 battles I end up with 400-800 damage after dying, or after my team killing all the enemies. I also can't carry properly, as I try to rely on other people to spot for me.

So my questions are: How do you carry with a slow TD? And how do you deal damage constantly, do I have to stick the camp and wait playstyle?

Thanks in advance.

I am a very new player to Tank Destroyers. My skills are above average but yet I cannot seem to learn how to "TD" effectively. I've watched limited high level play with TDs but It has been hard to find a consistent tank destroyer player. If anyone knows of a great tank destroyer player who streams I would appreciate a point in the right direction.

The most effective way I've learned in WoT is by watching skilled players do things, mimicking that and learning WHY that was done that way so that I can apply it in the future. Also any good guides that are known would also be great assets for my "TD Training" ^_^. Thank you in advance.

this guy (3300 wn8 recent) streams more than most people I know, talks continuously, reads and responds to chat, and plays lots of tier 10 tanks.  

http://www.twitch.tv/omega6proj

he uses a high percentage of TDs to boot.  Not sure if that is helpful enough, but its all I got.