Sign in to follow this  
N00BSAIB0T

Is the E-25 worth getting on sale?

28 posts in this topic

Premium vehicles (USSR/Germany only) are on sale this weekend and Tier 7 is 30% off. That puts the E-25 at a cost of 4,690 gold. I just received some tournament gold and I'm sitting at around 7,000 gold. Is this a good tank to pick up on sale?

I need it mostly for credit grinding as my premium time is finally up in 2 weeks after 1+ year, and I want to play the game on Standard indefinitely.

Thoughts?

YES it's worth it. E-25 is even better because premium TDs didn't get the camo nerf. A LOT of tanks will need to be less than 100m from you if you have BIA/camo crew skill/vehicle camo/camo net...you get the point. It's also really fun, fast speed, and fast firing. You'll never have a boring game!!!

yes.  its like an elc with a cooler gun.  so it's extremely sexy.

Yes. It is a lot of fun.

Camo is so good and speed is so fast it can can be used as an erstatz scout on vision maps like campinova or magic forest.

But its DPM is solid so you can sit in the back and pew pew away.

Luv mine.

I just realized that my Rhm crew is a PERFECT match for the E-25, and just remembered what Nightspear above mentioned: Premium TDs never had their camo nerfed. I think I'm sold.

Premium vehicles (USSR/Germany only) are on sale this weekend and Tier 7 is 30% off. That puts the E-25 at a cost of 4,690 gold. I just received some tournament gold and I'm sitting at around 7,000 gold. Is this a good tank to pick up on sale?

Definitely, if you enjoy mobility, camo, and if you can make an accurate gun with mediocre AP pen work.

I need it mostly for credit grinding as my premium time is finally up in 2 weeks after 1+ year, and I want to play the game on Standard indefinitely.

This is a bit problematic. There will be quite a few situations where the AP round won't cut it. To be honest, if you're looking for a tier 6-7 credit maker, and can live with having the mobility of a T95, I would recommend the TOG II*.

Definitely, if you enjoy mobility, camo, and if you can make an accurate gun with mediocre AP pen work.

This is a bit problematic. There will be quite a few situations where the AP round won't cut it. To be honest, if you're looking for a tier 6-7 credit maker, and can live with having the mobility of a T95, I would recommend the TOG II*.

I suppose I can live with shooting gold out of the E25 occasionally. I do have a Type 59 and T34 (heavy) that I could rely on for serious grinding. The pros of the E25 more than make up for it needing to shoot gold once in a while.

E-25 is definitely worth it. However with the USSR tanks being on sale too I should mention that the SU-122-44 is also well worth the cost. I find it just as fun as the E-25, but in a different way. It's got good camo, gun and frontal armor. The E-25 plays like an invisi TD, while the SU-122-44 plays like an assault/ambush TD. Anyway something to think about.

E-25 is definitely worth it. However with the USSR tanks being on sale too I should mention that the SU-122-44 is also well worth the cost. I find it just as fun as the E-25, but in a different way. It's got good camo, gun and frontal armor. The E-25 plays like an invisi TD, while the SU-122-44 plays like an assault/ambush TD. Anyway something to think about.

Agreed. I think the SU-122-44 is a little less reliant on the maps it gets than the E-25. It has a lot less trouble remaining useful on the newer close combat focussed maps than the E-25. And even in tier 9 battles the SU's 175mm pen AP round feels more useful than the 150mm AP on the E-25 feels against certain tier 8s like the KV-4 or AT 15.

Still, they're both excellent tanks. However, the SU-122-44 is better when it comes to making credits, I'd say.

With that face? Ehh, I would pass too.

The E-25 would be something younger, and probably a cute boy.

Yeah well, the Western world's view of beauty at this point is basically a woman with a pre-puberty boyish figure.

As to the OP, the E-25 is a great tank. I also use my Rhoomba crew in my E-25, especially since I don't play the Rhoomba and had the crew ready to go. I don't shoot much APCR out of mine and make a fair amount of credits. I would say that it is a fairly good credit grinder, so long as you don't worry about hitting a set DPG.

It's great. I say that as a person who is absolutely terrible in it, but greatly enjoys driving the E-25. It's just so... fun, and happens to be damn good as well. Definitely worth picking up.

It is definately worth it - even not on sale. I absolutely love it as it is a fun tank to drive - which is important if you plan on using it for credit income and crew training.

I still love it and its unique gameplay style so I´d definitely recommend it to buy.

However I have the feeling that its golden age has come to an end as the constant map reworking deterioration is taking away a lot of its vision control and long range firing strengths.

Cockroach of doom, things a blast to play with the small size and the speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_y_QOsyG0c

Dodging shells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZVYGD5kGR4 

Necroing this thread because:

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/specials/4159/?wot_client_param=external&utm_campaign=wot-client&utm_medium=promo-screen&utm_source=promotion&utm_content=ac16day17

this holidays made me throw money on WG first time since I started the game ...Patriot (my 1st prem tank buyed for $), and now this...is it still strong in this meta?

Sign in to follow this