Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nekommando

AT7 appreciation thread

18 posts in this topic

So. The Tier7 bunker of Brits. It looks funny, gun arc/elevation sucks, HUGE commander's tower, can't flex or play vision games...

Yet it does so well against pubbies, it's practically tiltproof. Just go to the nearest chokepoint and hold mouse1, it's like playing slower-paced counterstrike, dat accuracy and gun handling.

Speaking of the gun, 226pen AP is retardedly good, and the DPM is quite high as well. Even better, you got 1250HP to outtrade everything in sight bar some tier9 tanks.

Armor may be iffy at times, though with the side mounted gun, you can just peekout and be a corner camper that farms DMG and WN8.

Woe to the enemy team If you platoon with a T29, shit just got real for the enemy team.

This is my go-to play4fun tank whenever I feel horny  derpy.

Here are some of my replays, it shows how brainless you can be yet still be effective with the AT7.

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=25230

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=10706

http://replays.quickybaby.com/result.php?id=10698

how does it play versus 9s?

It really depends on what it has to fight.

Against an E-75 you're pretty much fucked.

Arty is going to screw you over as well if it hits, although the AT 7 is pretty hardy when it comes to splash damage.

Squishy stuff with inaccurate guns and/or long aim time is usually unproblematic if they don't flank you and are kind enough not to use SPREM. This kind of vehicle is basically what you want to face as enemy tier 9s. Pattons, T54E1s, WZ-111 1-4s etc.

It's probably one of those tanks where XVM camo helps a lot.

Have the AT7, hate it. Everyone knows where to shoot it.. only a pubbeh with intelligence level above bot will not know where to pen. Gun takes very long to settle it on target because hidden stats; alpha wont scare anything that's T8 or higher. 

Tank is slow; get into battle too slow = pubbehs die around you and you are left to stand on your own. Slow to flex.

I don't find many positives to it, and I have more fun in my Comet erryday. But I am glad that you managed to make it work.

I can't stand this tank.  Personally, I don't really like to play "pillboxes".  I would rather play a tank that moves around the battlefield rather than is glued to one spot giving the enemy a choice of engaging me.  I guess playing against poor players who will fight an AT-7 when that tank has all the advantages could be fun but, it's not for me.  

I will have to beat my way thru this TD is I want to progress down the Brit line but, unless they have an "On Track Event", I don't see moving this tank out of the garage.

With all that said, I'm very pleased you like the tank!  It's always good for find a tank you enjoy playing.

Any one actually play this thing these days? Should I free XP top gun or keep spamming APCR with the AT 8's gun? Handling is waaay better but pen is worse even with gold, plus lower alpha.

9 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Any one actually play this thing these days? Should I free XP top gun or keep spamming APCR with the AT 8's gun? Handling is waaay better but pen is worse even with gold, plus lower alpha.

I'll be moving up to the AT7 in the next day or so.  I definitely plan on using free xp to get the top gun. The pen on the 17pdr is barely adequate on the AT8. 

Looking at the armor models on tanks.gg - why the hell did WG screw these tanks so badly?  They both have a really prominent weak spot where the secondary gun is supposed to be.  There should be a gun mantlet covering those spots but apparently it isn't modeled.  These tanks have enough problems without having unnecessary frontal weak spots too.

18 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

I'll be moving up to the AT7 in the next day or so.  I definitely plan on using free xp to get the top gun. The pen on the 17pdr is barely adequate on the AT8. 

Looking at the armor models on tanks.gg - why the hell did WG screw these tanks so badly?  They both have a really prominent weak spot where the secondary gun is supposed to be.  There should be a gun mantlet covering those spots but apparently it isn't modeled.  These tanks have enough problems without having unnecessary frontal weak spots too.

There's a not a whole lot of good between AT2 and the (HD'd) AT15. One should free-XP as much as possible of these shitcans.

9 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Free-XP to the 20pdr. The pen, the alpha and DPM is what makes AT7 amazeballs. Plus it makes gud creds with 20pdr because very rarely do you need gold, and gold rounds pens too gud.

ground it out over the weekend - final grade: meh.  It's pretty good on city maps but is hopelessly team dependent on big maps. 

Fuck this tank, this is ridiculous. Games are over before you fire a shot half the time and it gets low tier like fuck all. Armor's a joke if people actually aim, gun handling is trash, side mounted gun is as almost as much disadvantage as advantage. Unless the enemy team is stupid enough to just march one by one into you while you hide behind a wall you're just along for the ride half the time. Any tank this slow has to be amazing elsewhere, a gimmick usable 10% of the time doesn't cut it. The AT 8 at least had reliable frontal armor for its tier, this thing got uptiered with little new armor so every retard and his brother just gold ammos through the front while you waddle along at 18kph and can't return fire because the gun control is horrid.

Funny thing is that this tank was actually so overpowered that it got a RoF nerf.

Looking up the old log on blogs, looks like it got an aim and reload nerf last year... 5.8 to 6.2 seconds and 2.1 to 2.3 aim. RoF is fine but the gun handling is infuriating. Base stats are suspension 0.30 and turret 0.16 with 2.3 aim time, even with GLD + food it's crippling combined with such a narrow gun arc and depression/elevation range. It takes a while to even turn to begin to aim at anything which also telegraphs your intent from a mile away. The AT 8 is 0.32 move and 0.12 turret with 1.7 aim time, almost night and day. I'll try dumping optics for vents, this stupid thing just needs to AIM.

9 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Funny thing is that this tank was actually so overpowered that it got a RoF nerf.

hmm... I guess that explains why it's so hard to get an ace.  I know I had a game or two of over 3k damage but only managed to get 1st class.

I cannot believe they nerfed this tank, it is so fucking bad. Armor means nothing because of the cupola, gun is impotent due to the handling, so slow as to be a nightmare to even decide where to attempt to go. People hit the hatch at 300m if they have time to aim, snap shot at 100m if they don't, tracking means death, and on the rare occasion you actually start to close with something to get to shoot... they can just walk away from you. I think the scorpion may have a threat to its title of worst tier 7. And it probably does like 52% WR in the hands of shitters because 223 AP pen.

This thing really shows how stupid the pace of the game has gotten, it just can't even PLAY half the time because the game's over before you get anywhere.

Digging this thread back up. 

I grind it over the weekend and I legitimately CANNOT understand how they are buffing the Challenger but leaving this tank alone.

It doesn’t even need much to be actually enjoyable. One of the biggest grief I had was that not only it has -5° of depression but it also has to deal with +7.5° of elevation. Like.. What ?? Every downslope is a nightmare to play with. And once you have you target in a -5/+7.5deg of elevation in front of you you still need to remember that you can only shoot 7.5° to the left and 7.5° to the right.. Hum.. OK.

What I would do:

Give him -6/+10 deg of elevation and 10/10 of gun arcs. Leave those cupola if you want but ffs buff the armor to atleast have your enemy needing to aim for the multiple cupolas instead of just punching throught the frontal main armor. Also it could either use some soft stats OR aimtime because of the gun arc you need to reaim all the time..

Other than that it went smoothly and At15 is a god send with it’s -10° and 15/15 gun arcs.

Everybody who cries about Tiger P should play this tank today in the current meta. This is SO bad. Also to make things even better you can´t mount top engine or top gun without tracks and you can´t mount suspension module either. Like WTF?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0