LanterneRouge

imma do my own solo challenge

23 posts in this topic

to satisfy my own curiousity, because i love the tank and to flex my epeen of course. 

100 or so games in my cent7 whenever I feel I can play 20 or more in a row. 

session 1:

reuNhU3.jpg

Fuck yeah, the Cent 7/1!

That was a damn good session. I'd like to see how long you can keep that winrate up in the Cent. I've always thought that the tank wasn't particularly good at carrying but I'd love to see you prove that wrong. I think the highest I've been able to maintain over any appreciable stretch in the 7/1 was like 60%.

Will you avoid weekends and blame RNG constantly? hue

m8

shut up

I never said I'd avoid weekends, and RNG was certainly having its way with me more than usual.

Will you avoid weekends and blame RNG constantly? hue

I will shoot only hesh and complain constantly about rng. 

I've uploaded my replays to vbaddict:

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlelog-public/lanternerouge-na-2c2d2e949dc230b904497a908f0d0d1c

i don't typically run the uploader so what's there will be the challenge battles and a mix of other things. 

edit: I can't spell. 

replays: http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/lanternerouge-na-2c2d2e949dc230b904497a908f0d0d1c

Session 2, replays on vbaddict:

http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/lanternerouge-na-2c2d2e949dc230b904497a908f0d0d1c

This was fricking stressful. I set the bar on the first session and felt like I had to play super intense. A couple matches were totally meh but for the most part pretty decent play. The mailnovka was a great example of a battle that is practically impossible to do anything solo in. I'm sure I could have played it differently but as far as w/l goes it was pretty much a lost cause. 

GudFUNW.jpg

edit: the last two battles I actually prayed to RNGESUS before battle. I think it helped. 

Final w/r 71% 4260wn8 3275dpg 833assist 2frag 2.1spot

Doing something focused like this makes you realize even more how dependent you can be on your team when solo. In the end I think I did pretty well overall but several of the sessions were just brutal. Couldn't catch a break and teammates intent on losing. That's the breaks I guess in pubs. I don't think I'll do this again. Too much effort:) Plus I've started grinding a couple new lines and I'm sure my stats will tank a bit as a result. 

In general T9 mediums are pretty powerful. The results may be a lot different at either t10 or t8. I'll consider doing an t62a/obj140 challenge just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Props to those who have done any of these challenges in a less capable tank. I can't imagine how much more frustrating that would be and how much more skill it would take to get comparable results.  

Doing something focused like this makes you realize even more how dependent you can be on your team when solo. In the end I think I did pretty well overall but several of the sessions were just brutal. Couldn't catch a break and teammates intent on losing. That's the breaks I guess in pubs. I don't think I'll do this again. Too much effort:) Plus I've started grinding a couple new lines and I'm sure my stats will tank a bit as a result. 

In general T9 mediums are pretty powerful. The results may be a lot different at either t10 or t8. I'll consider doing an t62a/obj140 challenge just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Props to those who have done any of these challenges in a less capable tank. I can't imagine how much more frustrating that would be and how much more skill it would take to get comparable results.  

currently Garbad is putting on the Obj140 v T62A test, get in on that. Im participating, but being that Im not purple and dont have the gold for the challenge (same crews switched between unless extremely identical) my results will be a bit gimped when compared. Its been fun thus far, having just gotten the T62A. Its stupid fun to play

Great job.  70% in such a team dependent sniper is about the peak I think is possible.  Interesting how streaky you were tho -- perhaps that's just the nature of the tank.

Great job.  70% in such a team dependent sniper is about the peak I think is possible.  Interesting how streaky you were tho -- perhaps that's just the nature of the tank.

Thanks. I was thinking of you when I wrote I wouldn't want to do a challenge like this in anything less than a decent tank. Something like the t95 would just be mind destroying. 

I think the streaky nature if my sessions can be somewhat attributed to going on tilt a bit during bad sessions. I think if I had just stopped playing when it went badly like that I could have improved the overall a bit by breaking up the sessions a little more. You could make the argument that that would be less representative of solo session play but w/e. 

Thanks. I was thinking of you when I wrote I wouldn't want to do a challenge like this in anything less than a decent tank. Something like the t95 would just be mind destroying. 

I think the streaky nature if my sessions can be somewhat attributed to going on tilt a bit during bad sessions. I think if I had just stopped playing when it went badly like that I could have improved the overall a bit by breaking up the sessions a little more. You could make the argument that that would be less representative of solo session play but w/e. 

How would breaking up sessions be less representative of solo play? When I solo, frequent breaks are early and often sometimes for hours. 

How would breaking up sessions be less representative of solo play? When I solo, frequent breaks are early and often sometimes for hours. 

I didn't want to cherry pick times of day. You can make the case that especially on the west server some times of day are better for given tiers based on player population. Early morning seemed particularly bad which was where most of my bad streaks came from. All in all it's not a super important variable but I thought it was worth avoiding the possibility of the controversy. 

Yeah, I've noticed that mornings on West are generally pretty bad. 

They are TERRIBRUL. There are just so few decent players on that unless you are in a top tier heavy that can basically solo a flank you can easily get screwed by a bad team. I think it's just more streaky not necessarily any worse over the long haul. 

Dude, nice winrate. Congrats!

The swings are brutal solopubbing in tier 10. I'm about fed up with it, myself. You can perform exceptionally well and your team will still drop the ball. Other times, you'll potato and get carried like crazy. After a large enough sample size, the winrate will smooth out and be an accurate indicator of performance, but damned if those bad sessions aren't the most painful thing in the game.