Sign in to follow this  
A_Chodeful

Second German TD Line - 128mm Autoloader

23 posts in this topic

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/24/developers-answer-in-odessa/

- 2nd German TD line will be after 0.8.8, it’s top vehicles will be the Waffentragers, tier 10 will have a 4-round autoloader (SS: I WAS RIGHT! Damn, I really was :) 4 rounds and not 3… that means 128mm FlaK 45 I think, expect amazing accuracy and brutal penetration, but low alpha)

Could the Germans finally be getting something overpowered for once? Or is the tank going to be balanced by cripplingly bad speed and mobility? 

To make it balanced, it would have to be slower and have worse armor than the Foch 155 while having a frontal transmission. That's the only way it could be done. 

- 2nd German TD line will be after 0.8.8, it’s top vehicles will be the Waffentragers, tier 10 will have a 4-round autoloader (SS: I WAS RIGHT! Damn, I really was :) 4 rounds and not 3… that means 128mm FlaK 45 I think, expect amazing accuracy and brutal penetration, but low alpha)

Could the Germans finally be getting something overpowered for once? Or is the tank going to be balanced by cripplingly bad speed and mobility? 

http://ftr-wot.blogspot.com/2013/04/waffentrager-e-100.html

Looks like an open-toped JagE-100

I seriously hope it isn't mounted on an e100 chassis, a lightly armored casemate on an E-100 chassis makes zero sense from a design perspective

I seriously hope it isn't mounted on an e100 chassis, a lightly armored casemate on an E-100 chassis makes zero sense from a design perspective

Aye that's something they brought up in the FTR article. But knowing WG...

- Clanwars implemented into the client will come either until the end of the year, or in 1st quarter of 2014

What does this mean?

- 0.8.8 will bring 2nd branch of Soviet medium tanks with Object 430

Moar mediums!  =D

- this year will also bring a premium medium French tank

Any ideas?

Potentially the G1L which already has renders IIRC

france-renault_g1r.png

d28be061300c4d051369dc84281723b9.jpg

The G1L is now a part of the 2nd French MT branch. The premium is probably the G1P.

The G1P USED to be part of the 2nd MT branch, and the G1L was the premium, but the two tanks seem to have switched places.

Potentially the G1L which already has renders IIRC

france-renault_g1r.png

Oh, I was hoping for a higher tier medium

Means that you can view the CW map, and presumable move chips around etc, from inside the game, instead of going to the website.

thanks!

Found a leaked image of the render.

ht-01b.jpg

Looks dumb - must be a french tank.

some interesting points from the article

-2nd German TD line will be after 0.8.8, it’s top vehicles will be the Waffentragers, tier 10 will have a 4-round autoloader (SS: I WAS RIGHT! Damn, I really was :) 4 rounds and not 3… that means 128mm FlaK 45 I think, 

- Type 59 was removed from shops because there were too many of them and because there will be another tier 8 Chinese premium MT

- no details are known, but there WILL be special tier 10 tanks (like M60, VK7201 and Object) available for random battle players

-Chinese tree has a TD branch upcoming, either by the end of 2013, or in 2014 (going to be fun seeing what the PRC planned with TD 59's)

minefields will come to clanwars, they will work as consumables

- combat missions aka “miniquests”, awarding top 3 damage dealers of the team, will come apparently again during the WG birthday event

comic sans ftw

- 0.8.9 will bring 2nd German TD branch, everything was already decided, Storm will also tell later

- Waffentrager E-100 will get a 128mm and a 150mm gun, with 3-6 round autoloaders (this hasn’t been decided and balanced yet) on E-100 chassis

- the 128mm is NOT the L/75 and the 150mm is NOT the L/68. In other words: expect autoloaded Jagdtiger (in worse case Maus, as there was a project to equip the Maus with autoloader) and E-100 guns. This is why we can’t have nice things…

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/06/25/odessa-answers-errata-by-storm/

Whatever it turns out to be, whether OP or UP, people will be disgruntled.  The plight of the elusive German 2nd Tank Destroyer line.

Also, the French tank up above everywhere is the G1R, not the G1L.

This is your G1L:

France-G1L.png

This, the TD i'm most interested on.

Knowing WG they'll make the L/55 and L/61 incompatible with the chassis and include a third 12.8 gun that requires 60K exp to unlock.

Sign in to follow this