Garbad

The Official Garbad Fan Club Thread

Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. Which moderator's cunt smells the worst?

4,789 posts in this topic

The problem is that the very existence of those threads leads to a double standard within APP. People see those fan clubs around and feel that it is appropriate to post beneath the level of quality expected for the rest of the forum.

If I had my way, only PPs would be able to reply to threads within APP. I don't think the comments of other members are worth the moderation effort within this specific section. Either their question is addressed without their comment or they can ask their own. The regular question sections are underused as it is - APP is the default when it should be only for advanced material. 

I gave up on approving/deleting posts in APP because I was basically wiping everything I saw. I felt I was either abusing my power or had my standards set too high, but I could not see an alternative besides trusting the judgement of other PPs. 

The Unicum fan clubs should have their own subforum with their own rules. This would solve most of the problems and this issue would likely never have been observed. 

Also, as an aside most of the people I see Garbad insult deserve it - they seem to try and bait him a lot.

The presence of other crap on this forum doesn't justify not taking care of the more important crap. You're saying you're fine with Garbad abusing PP powers because the other issues you mentioned persist? 

I am not sure he was abusing his powers at all - if you aren't a purple and post in APP (and it is not a serious question) I think you deserved to be ridiculed. It is disrespectful of all we contribute to this forum for us to have to even use our moderation powers, let alone abuse them. 

For some reason every post I see that I would want to hide feels like a personal insult from the poster - they should know better than to post stuff in APP which doesn't belong. 

The problem is that the very existence of those threads leads to a double standard within APP. People see those fan clubs around and feel that it is appropriate to post beneath the level of quality expected for the rest of the forum.

If I had my way, only PPs would be able to reply to threads within APP. I don't think the comments of other members are worth the moderation effort within this specific section. Either their question is addressed without their comment or they can ask their own. The regular question sections are underused as it is - APP is the default when it should be only for advanced material. 

I gave up on approving/deleting posts in APP because I was basically wiping everything I saw. I felt I was either abusing my power or had my standards set too high, but I could not see an alternative besides trusting the judgement of other PPs. 

The Unicum fan clubs should have their own subforum with their own rules. This would solve most of the problems and this issue would likely never have been observed. 

Also, as an aside most of the people I see Garbad insult deserve it - they seem to try and bait him a lot.

I am not sure he was abusing his powers at all - if you aren't a purple and post in APP (and it is not a serious question) I think you deserved to be ridiculed. It is disrespectful of all we contribute to this forum for us to have to even use our moderation powers, let alone abuse them. 

For some reason every post I see that I would want to hide feels like a personal insult from the poster - they should know better than to post stuff in APP which doesn't belong. 

honestly, its also the fact that garbad posted EVERYTHING, even stuff that wasn't even remotely belonging in APP, in APP. post about a game thats not even WoT? APP section.. this diluted the quality of the section further.

but, I actually agree that APP should only allow Purple poster responses, unless for example, say the OP has asked to clarify the question, or someone has asked a further question based on the OP. 

Garbad posted everything in APP because he didn't respect it. I wouldn't go as far as he did, but sometimes the only way to call attention to shit is to make the pile into a small mountain range. 

That points more to the fact that Garbad doesn't respect anything/anyone than to perceived issues in the APP.

The amount of shitters that have made it into these forums ruined APP long ago. The garbad fanboys just made it worse. You love your leader so much, follow him and GTFO these forums. There is no place here for the level of disrespect Garbad shows, and no place for those who blindly defend him regardless of anything he does. Props to the mods for having the balls to do what is right, and what was necessary. IMO, Ask a purple poaster, and purple poaster fanclub should be two entirely different sections. People can do whatever the fuck they want in the fanclub as long as the PP allows it, and APP goes back to serious discussion. APP content should only be advanced stuff; that which is not fitting for the general gameplay discussion (lol who even reads that section anymore).

what I will have to say to the moderation on this forum is that everyone should just cut them some damn slack. most, if not all of the mods here are doing this voluntarily, without pay or anything. they have normal jobs/school/whatever they have to do. yet they still keep this forum running smoothly - a hell of a lot smoother than the Official forums, as well, and the official forums have paid employees to watch the forums and mod them. so, seriously. they are all doing a really good job, and working as hard as they can.

anyone that posts in this thread now that hasn't figured out that Garbad was not perma'd or anything or whatever, can either go read back 5 pages or GTFO. 

or would all of you just want the people from the official forums to come and take over the moderation here? 

This.

It's really not. Those running AMAs have free governance of their own threads and there are established guidelines for what gets approved in the rest of the threads. Max just thinks that Rexxie, sela and others having the freedom to approve whatever they want in their own threads means that the entire section is anarchic.

Also this.

I'm not sure how people can talk about the moderation here being foggy, when there's a whole shitton of posts in the venting room complaining about official forum moderation. So if you really think about it, we are pretty crystal clear.

This brings out problems of its own... Take this situation for example, people seem upset at the moderation team, holding us to blame for the loss of garbad. Garbad left on his own accord, after being slapped on the wrist time and time again for his failure to control himself. No one has ever been given as many second chances as Garbad and I doubt any ever will... Yet he continued to push the limits. Most of the time, people don't understand the full story or bother to look at it from the forum and forum staff's POV.

Yet we are here to discuss and answer questions... Despite us not even being at fault. Think about it, had we adopted official style moderation? Garbad would have been banned without a word uttered about reasoning and any of you posting to question his ban would have been moderated because "discussing moderation decisions" or "posting to cause unrest". 

Think about it.

Damn fucking straight Pity.

Anyone remember when Zardnaar was banned from the official forums? Anyone else remember having their posts about it removed and getting warnings for posting about it? 

I do.

The mod crew here are born out of shit like that.

Garbad posted everything in APP because he didn't respect it. I wouldn't go as far as he did, but sometimes the only way to call attention to shit is to make the pile into a small mountain range. 

No.  Garbad posted everything in APP because that was the only place he was allowed to create new topics that were not subject to review.

It's really not. Those running AMAs have free governance of their own threads and there are established guidelines for what gets approved in the rest of the threads. Max just thinks that Rexxie, sela and others having the freedom to approve whatever they want in their own threads means that the entire section is anarchic.

And any additional rules would probably just be seen as a challenge to be broken by Garbad.

Sweet.  I have been to the APP section only several times.  It seems like it's in order (a weird order, but still an order), and that everyone does there own thing, provided they don't break general wotlabs rules........which is the standard operating procedure of the rest of the forums.  Thanks for clearing up the whole picture for me :)

I think this forum need improved in every situation...

If pubbies want to ask to purple player it should not in APP, but other sub forum ( I dont know what it called sub forum but it would suit for learner groupd ) but it doesnt have Approval or Decline after they post it.

Kind of pubbies is asking to Garbad as many questions and having replays. They want to hear survey what cause the player did mistake and repeat in every time.

What I realize APP is place to ask PP to get 1 answer. This is not ask as many times/Post many times. APP is place able to find 1 answer.

I think better way to look many times different answer, it should be below PPIC between SFED (create other sub forum where place Fan Club forum). This one should have different permissions than PPIC or APP.

Please think better improved situation forum before something terrible happens. If you make decisions situation this forum already improved. But there 1 thing in forum where situation is discomfort.

No.  Garbad posted everything in APP because that was the only place he was allowed to create new topics that were not subject to review.

Yep, and honestly I feel the main mistake we made as moderators (beyond giving Garbad as long of a rope to hang himself as he seemed to want) is allowing him to continue doing spam new topics in APP.

If anything the PP AMA threads should be in their own subsection, and in the actual APP section PP's shouldn't be able to create new threads, just answer them.

Yep, and honestly I feel the main mistake we made as moderators (beyond giving Garbad as long of a rope to hang himself as he seemed to want) is allowing him to continue doing spam new topics in APP.

If anything the PP AMA threads should be in their own subsection, and in the actual APP section PP's shouldn't be able to create new threads, just answer them.

This, other than the last part; I feel that they should be able to create their own threads, but maybe under the approval of a moderator (similar to how a PP or mod needs to approve this poast to be shown in the thread).

APP seems to be at the center of discussion here, yet however the PP replay place is open to both PP and people with the Awesome Replays tag, and I (and all else who have it), are free to edit posts on any threads. However, because we all actually respect each other we don't edit peoples posts unless it is actually useful. The only time I have was replying to someone's posts when it wasn't worthy of an actual reply.

That being said, I really think that only mods can edit. Yes it may create more posts, but it will also remove the option of abuse of power. If it really is that big of a problem, it can be solved. However if it is not, then Garbad truly deserved what came to him as a result of his individual actions.

To  settle this topic, why not roadmap out a peace plan? If HAR tags would let Garbad post but not open potential for edit-abuse, say if he behaves himself for 2 minus time served, he gets those (he gets to walk away with enough to keep his ego in check), and if there's no major issues for two months, he can have his PP tags back. 

Will not be missed

Edit: I'm not editing this so downvote all you want, garbad fanboys. Abuse of power is just wrong, and makes forums look like a bad place.

Oh shut up you reroll :P Garbad is luv, Garbad is lyfe.

Garbad, will you try out armoured warfare? That game has better balanced arties but it's full of missile spam right now.

Pretty sure he's gone for good; he can still be contacted via PM if he's online (although he's playing less and less), but regarding WoTlabs, he's taken his ball and gone home.

No.  Garbad posted everything in APP because that was the only place he was allowed to create new topics that were not subject to review.

Correct me if I'm getting any facts wrong.

We have everything garbad posts in anything other than APP go through moderation review so he doesn't shitpost....

We then gave him full admin permissions to edit, delete, and remove ANY post in the APP section.

Basically we gave someone who had special anti-shitposting measures taken against him full-blown admin powers.

What exactly was the train of logic that led to that decision?