Valachio

T54E1 - OP or not?

192 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Poor pen, poor mobility, poor gun handling, poor accuracy, poor armor.

something they got buff, i would go for mobility or accuracy to compensate all others.

They thing is the RNG armor + autoloader + good alpha means lemons and worse will perform decent in them. Also even if it is comparatively weak vs other autoloaders RU server won't complain about murica tank and the overal stats are probably decent on it.

I dont think the tank needs a buff. It's still decent, even for a unicum. The last thing this game needs is more buffs to tanks that don't need it. *cough* IS-6 *cough*

Trying to 3 MOE this thing. 

What equipment/consumables do you recommend?

Crew

26bc0dd1bb.png

Current equipment

6c47ae52d4.png

Kindof want to have food, but seems this think catches fire to frequently.

2 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Trying to 3 MOE this thing. 

What equipment/consumables do you recommend?

Crew

26bc0dd1bb.png

Current equipment

6c47ae52d4.png

Kindof want to have food, but seems this think catches fire to frequently.

optics help with MOE a lot. Especially since the buffs to superheavies, there are plenty of tanks you can not dmg at all. Try to spot more (it counts towards MOE), EGLD may help you land a shot more every 2nd battle or so, but optics can add 500-800 additional spotting, especially since you do not run food.

Also, camo is shit, so that skill is next to useless (unless full camo crew), while 100% repairs help to save the rep kit for module dmg (it gets plenty), instead of track repair. That crew is gonna get to T57 anyway, and it is a simple crew there: BIA, safe s, 6th, full rep, gunnery skills.

Having only 36% overall repairs is useless, if you get tracked you will use the rep kit, and if you have used it already, it will not save your bacon.

ORD helps nothing since new physics, and ground resist values are quite decent to start with, anyway.

2 hours ago, Felicius said:

optics help with MOE a lot. Especially since the buffs to superheavies, there are plenty of tanks you can not dmg at all. Try to spot more (it counts towards MOE), EGLD may help you land a shot more every 2nd battle or so, but optics can add 500-800 additional spotting, especially since you do not run food.

Also, camo is shit, so that skill is next to useless (unless full camo crew), while 100% repairs help to save the rep kit for module dmg (it gets plenty), instead of track repair. That crew is gonna get to T57 anyway, and it is a simple crew there: BIA, safe s, 6th, full rep, gunnery skills.

Having only 36% overall repairs is useless, if you get tracked you will use the rep kit, and if you have used it already, it will not save your bacon.

ORD helps nothing since new physics, and ground resist values are quite decent to start with, anyway.

Nah I got T-57 crew!

Re-trained camo to reparis, using Optics instead of GLD.

7 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Nah I got T-57 crew!

Re-trained camo to reparis, using Optics instead of GLD.

400 base is too good to pass the optics. T54e1 should follow the same route as E50/M vision kiting: max the view range, burn enemy camo, it is worth more than your own camo boost.

E-50 M has the benefit of being able to feast on heavies, while T54e1 not so much - you have a awkward tank with bad acc, bad gun dep, crummy gun handling, bad pen, and high alpha/burst. It would feast on meds if it had gun handling/gun dep , or on heavies, if it was more like 50 120 (good gun dep now, nice gold pen).

It has a problem of finding a perfect engagement - that is why I suffered a lot in it. Skoda T50 has a very good combo of virtues, but it is an OP tank...IMHO, after the buff, 50 120 is better simply because you can find a position where you can unload a clip and take one shot (ok, two mostly) in return - but be confident you will not miss half, and bounce the other.

if you chase marks, big rep kits help, too. I know, since i play O-Ho a lot now, and i see sometimes up to 3 ppl killed from a single hit (on is-3 turret side, all except the driver, for example). If he had big rep kit, he could fight another day, if not...

rep kit accelerate your rep even when you spend it, but +5% instead of +10%. 

+1 on cola. Similar to the T69, I run GLD instead of optics. I started with 100% repairs, but training camo after that was very noticeable despite the poor base camo. This tank repairs its tracks insanely fast, so to me 100% repairs is not a must. BiA, sit. awareness, and gun handling skills have priority.

Due to the long inter-clip reload time, hitting your shots is imperative. Every bit of extra gun handling helps. Patience is key: don't rush your shots. It's rare to find situations where the enemy is distracted enough so that you can take all 4 shots.

As said above, the T54E1 can't currently compete against the 50 120 and Skoda T50. It could use an improvement to gun handling (between shots) to reduce the infuriating RNG factor.

Absolutely love this tank. The only thing I could free-xp was the engine (Had a near 4-skill crew to plunk in it) The stock gun has 181 pen...I've yet to use gold, averaging 1600 or so damage thus far (admittedly, only 8 battles, this may simply be the 'honeymoon' period we sometimes get) Pity it's so slow

48 minutes ago, furrystrawberry said:

this tank is better than the skoda for winning

The random bounces are stupid. I'm sad they nerfed the engine deck from its previous 57mm tho. Had a t95 ricochet on my ass 2x back when I played it :kreygasm:

5 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

The random bounces are stupid. I'm sad they nerfed the engine deck from its previous 57mm tho. Had a t95 ricochet on my ass 2x back when I played it :kreygasm:

they should give it the m103 hull. also raising ur gun/ top of the turret after clipping is hilarious. the troll bounces are great. why the fuck would wg nerf the engine deck tho. i just started playing it again but its so good

22 minutes ago, furrystrawberry said:

they should give it the m103 hull. also raising ur gun/ top of the turret after clipping is hilarious. the troll bounces are great. why the fuck would wg nerf the engine deck tho. i just started playing it again but its so good

they nerfed it because everything needs to be arty penetrable :/

14 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

they nerfed it because everything needs to be HE penetrable :/

:/

also i just noticed that the pubby in your sig is the same person.

2 minutes ago, furrystrawberry said:

:/

also i just noticed that the pubby in your sig is the same person.

I could fill a book with things he's said.