Sploofy

Decision made for brit 10s

39 posts in this topic

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/30/british-tanks-final-decision/

Pretty much confirmed the new 10 would be the Action Cent X

And the Tier 10 British heavy tank will be the Chieftain Mk.2.

Discussirino.

(sorry if this was already posted. delete if duplicate. move if in wrong place.)

Edited in my opinion: It seems like a good change, buff to turret armour while keeping the 105. The main problem with the 4202 seemed to be its lack of turret armour compared to its lower tiered companions so its nice to see they fixed that.

Osht yo a more advanced Centurion instead of a shitty export tank as the new T10? And naysayers acted as if it couldn't be done.

Hopefully the 4202 maintains most of it's current handling characteristics in it's drop to t8 prem, the armament change and move to leopard 1 style armor should be enough of a nerf.

Starting tonight I'll be making the trip up the Medium Brit line. 

Top of the tree in EU is supposedly the Brit Heavy line.   I'm going to be drinking a lot more tea over the next couple months.

What're they gonna do with the 215b? Anyone know? It seems good enough that I would be sad if they removed it from the game.

The same post about the FV4202 replacement confirmation says it will be replaced by the Mk. II Chieftain. Also, another, newer post on FTR says that the replacement of the FV4202 will occur early next year.

What're they gonna do with the 215b? Anyone know? It seems good enough that I would be sad if they removed it from the game.

Serb Mentioned that the 215B could live on with the FV183 as an optional upgrade that is the turret and the 120mm gun. 

Serb Mentioned that the 215B could live on with the FV183 as an optional upgrade that is the turret and the 120mm gun. 

I wonder if it would get the gun in the original form that it had on the Test Server...something like Tortoise DPM, better pen, and Waffle-esque handling. On the 183's chassis, that would make for a fine Tier 10 TD.

I've also heard mentioned that they're potentially looking to turn the FV4202 into a tier 8 premium and give one to current FV4202 owners when the replacement comes in. I'm deciding if it's worth plowing down the Brit med line in order to ge me that free tank.

Anyone else heard this or have plans to do similar?

Lol that article confirmed that the 4202 would be a T8 prem, and that owners would get the new tier X med. A later article states from one of the devs that they are assuming that people will get the free tier 8 4202 if they already own the tank****

****Miros put a very valid point in the comments that this may just be a money grab so people free XP to the Brit Tier X.

Lol that article confirmed that the 4202 would be a T8 prem, and that owners would get the new tier X med. A later article states from one of the devs that they are assuming that people will get the free tier 8 4202 if they already own the tank****

****Miros put a very valid point in the comments that this may just be a money grab so people free XP to the Brit Tier X.

Shouldn't be a pure money grab unless everyone jumps the gun and uses the free exp before final confirmation.

In an earlier FTR post Storm was reported as saying, " it’s “highly unlikely” that FV4202 will (if it gets changed to a premium tank) be given out for free the way T34 was, when the tier 10 gets replaced by something else (Storm: “Free stuff is bad :)”)".

So I wouldn't count on getting it. Still, this renews my interest on doing the British medium and heavy lines though. 

- apparently according to Storm, the FV4202 switch is planned after New Year

source; http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/07/30/30-7-2014/

With so much time left to grind for it, I really doubt there will be a free premium tank. Most likely it will be replaced in patch X, and the prem will be introduced in patch X+1 or X+2 after it has been changed and rebalanced.

lol guys. I guess my love for the 4202 is now infamous (yess! :D im famous for something!)

reading that was a mix of "ohh that looks pretty cool, much want" and "aww, but I like my 4202 :("

lol guys. I guess my love for the 4202 is now infamous (yess! :D im famous for something!)

reading that was a mix of "ohh that looks pretty cool, much want" and "aww, but I like my 4202 :("

You and your FV when it's about to get taken out 

Edited by PrimeDynasty

Damn, I'm going to have to maintain two Brit medium crews now. I just can't let go of the 7/1.

Can I transfer my STB-1 crew over, pretty please?

>Not having 3 British medium crews on 3 skills

What a scrub.

Honestly, I don't know why I do either. It seems like such a waste of resources now that l look at it.

The Action X looks like a much better tank than the 4202 to be honest. If it keeps the gun, then it's basically an armour transfer from hull to turret. I can live with that.

>Not having 3 British medium crews on 3 skills

What a scrub.

Honestly, I don't know why I do either. It seems like such a waste of resources now that l look at it.

The Action X looks like a much better tank than the 4202 to be honest. If it keeps the gun, then it's basically an armour transfer from hull to turret. I can live with that.

If it plays like the 4202 but with a reliable turret, it will be god mode for my playstyle. I wouldn't even be mad with a 40 km/h governor.