237 posts in this topic

So, it took me a while, but I finally learned how to play this beast.

The burst is decent and the handling is fantastic compared to every other autoloader I've played (no intention of playing the big waffle).

The aimtime buff made it good for wrecking stuff at long range. Since it's an autoloader, you can do well in close range if you play smart (and have some support).

A wonderful APCR round for JPE100s and the like, along with the same healthy AP pen of top-tier 120mm guns.

Mobility, unlike the 50 120 which accelerated like a garden slug breaking all the speed limits.

Randomly bounces shots when people panic and shoot the hull.

Lots of ammo to spam at people.

Still trying to repair my dpg values from a bad case of new tank syndrome, but it's a dream to play now.

Still on the 50 120, but am enjoying it now that I actually have the 120mm.  From everything I can see the 50b is a straight upgrade (it can actually aim up and/or down!) so I'm looking forward to it

50B is fucking amazing

I don't even care about the refire rate because of godly APCR and incredibru speed. Can't wait until my crew is actually not-shit, this thing should be even more amazing.

Good to hear. It looks as though the AMX 50B will be my first tier X and aside from the crap gun elevation/depression, crap acceleration, weak ammorack (even with Safe Stowage) and poor gun handling I love the 50 120.

I do like the troll armor on the 50 120 though. Got a Steel Wall in it the other day.

Why all this love when you can have a batchat?

It's nice, on occasion, to have gun handling.  Also, 325 APCR>>>>>>>>>>>>330 HEAT.  Bat's awesome as well though, I plan on enjoying both

Just got mine, first game was pretty good, 4k damage, then ended up fighting a tier 10 G platoon, and then 2 awesome teams. Only a few games in so far, but I'm loving it.

Agreed on gun handling, but doesnt make up for burst, camo and speed imo.

Who uses HEAT on bat anyway? o:

Guess I'm just [email protected]

Oh god I'm so ready to be through the 50 120. Every awesome game on a flat map is quickly negated by me potato'ing straight into a small dip and floundering around unable to shoot someone on a hill above me.

That being said, the French 120mm is lovely if you wait for your reticule to settle.

Agreed on gun handling, but doesnt make up for burst, camo and speed imo.

Who uses HEAT on bat anyway? o:

Guess I'm just [email protected]

Agreed on HEAT for the bat, just seemed more fair to compare their prem rounds than say 325 APCR > 259 APCR :P

They are just different playstyles.  Both fun, just different

50b more fun than bat beacuase sometimes you get himmels or svedlusk

Why 50b over bat:

The 50b bounces shit

The 50b can actually hit things

Goldspam post-buff 50b is great at ranged combat

Less downtime

Ramming

Solid T10 heavy now that the aimtime is acceptable. Kicks ass in absolutes imho.

OK Gang, if the next on-track is really the 50B, then this may be the first on-track event that I actually do.

So that means some regular scheduling and making the most out of this line.  I have an ARL-44 with about 45 games and need maybe 30k to get to the M4. So two questions:

1) Can French heavies platoon well together or do they just not have the staying power to be top-tier heavies (ie they get stomped in the brawl by burlier tanks). A 3-man platoon of support-heavies seems like it is really missing some oomph on the battlefield. 

2) If you answered yes to the above and are serious about running this line and are blunicummy+, get at me and we'll form an eternal bond as we nosh baguettes, drinking strong coffee, smoke unfiltered cigarettes, stroke & wax our mustaches and remark on the transient nature of life as we tank it up.  We can either start up at the 44, or you can wait for the official on track to start and I can pick up the M4 and we can go from there. 

Great if we can get a small group together too. 

OK Gang, if the next on-track is really the 50B, then this may be the first on-track event that I actually do.

So that means some regular scheduling and making the most out of this line.  I have an ARL-44 with about 45 games and need maybe 30k to get to the M4. So two questions:

1) Can French heavies platoon well together or do they just not have the staying power to be top-tier heavies (ie they get stomped in the brawl by burlier tanks). A 3-man platoon of support-heavies seems like it is really missing some oomph on the battlefield. 

2) If you answered yes to the above and are serious about running this line and are blunicummy+, get at me and we'll form an eternal bond as we nosh baguettes, drinking strong coffee, smoke unfiltered cigarettes, stroke & wax our mustaches and remark on the transient nature of life as we tank it up.  We can either start up at the 44, or you can wait for the official on track to start and I can pick up the M4 and we can go from there. 

Great if we can get a small group together too. 

I don't see them often, but triple 50 100 platoons are devastating at any tier. At tier 9 and above, you'll probably want some meat in your platoon. I didn't like the M4 45, so can't really say anything about it.

AMX M4 isn't that bad a tank, its more or less a Tiger with decent hull armor when angled and a bit more pen. Really lacks staying power, for me, it worked better when bottom tier because for whatever reason I got focused less. Play second line with it, angle, and snipe.

I am a sucker for these On Track events, anyone care to give a brief description of the break down of the AMX 50B line starting at the ARL 44?   (Low tiers go by so fast it doesn't matter)  

ARL is stronk, same armor as the t8 FCM premium with excellent penetration. Gun accuracy isn't good, but that's something you'll have to get used to. T7 is paper but not bad. T8 and above is plain fun.

Also, ran 50B a couple of games yesterday, couldn't get less than 4k damage. Guess I'm gonna make some credits the next 2 weeks :D

I'm grinding the 50 120 at the moment, planning on cramming out 150k xp in the next week so I can buy the 50B on track before I go home for holidays.

My overall impression of the 50 120 so far:

-Top speed is nice, acceleration is lacking though.

- The gun elevation is literally non existent, pisses me off and pretty much forces me to always take the higher avenues.

- 3.33s intraclip reload is pretty fucking awful when you're at close range. Most tanks can reload before you empty the clip.

- Fuck the ammo rack on this thing, I thought the M103 and E5 were bad.. but this... wow this is really bad. Carry 2 repairs.

- DO NOT get hit by arty, I was 1 shotted 7 times on my first day of playing this thing, seriously, dodge that shit.  

- If you can position this thing well, its really awesome. I love it to bits during some sessions and hate its guts during others... Really its all about how well you position it. 50 120 is a decent tank, I enjoy it :)

I'm looking forward to the 50B.

ARL is stronk, same armor as the t8 FCM premium with excellent penetration. Gun accuracy isn't good, but that's something you'll have to get used to. T7 is paper but not bad. T8 and above is plain fun.

Also, ran 50B a couple of games yesterday, couldn't get less than 4k damage. Guess I'm gonna make some credits the next 2 weeks :D

I have the ARL unlocked, so I will buy it and start down the line in the morning.  My goal will be to get the 50 100 on the cheap, I can't grind 250k xp in two weeks.

The ARL is also a pretty damn cool looking tank.  The rest of the line looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.  This is what I see when I see a 50B....ostrich-head%20(1).jpg

I think I liked the 50 120 most of the whole line (not including 50B), that 120 is hilarious when you get t7 MM.

Not like t8s can do much against 1600burst either...

I think I liked the 50 120 most of the whole line (not including 50B), that 120 is hilarious when you get t7 MM.

Not like t8s can do much against 1600burst either...

Damn, the T9 gets the 50B gun....good to know, thanks.