237 posts in this topic

Oh it gets the gun.... it just can't aim up or down to shoot anything with it.

What's the name again... Ah right, balance.

You can also use terrain to avoid the problem it poses. Also, better to learn to work with these bad stats in t9 rather than to suffer it in 10 ;)

I'm grinding the 50 120 at the moment, planning on cramming out 150k xp in the next week so I can buy the 50B on track before I go home for holidays.

My overall impression of the 50 120 so far:

-Top speed is nice, acceleration is lacking though.

- The gun elevation is literally non existent, pisses me off and pretty much forces me to always take the higher avenues.

- 3.33s intraclip reload is pretty fucking awful when you're at close range. Most tanks can reload before you empty the clip.

- Fuck the ammo rack on this thing, I thought the M103 and E5 were bad.. but this... wow this is really bad. Carry 2 repairs.

- DO NOT get hit by arty, I was 1 shotted 7 times on my first day of playing this thing, seriously, dodge that shit.

- If you can position this thing well, its really awesome. I love it to bits during some sessions and hate its guts during others... Really its all about how well you position it. 50 120 is a decent tank, I enjoy it :)

I'm looking forward to the 50B.

Agree with most of this.

When you get the chance to roll down a hill (like NE south spawn)... Dat feel of 0-70kph

3.33 is a major source of frustration. Even slow heavies have enough time to back up into safety during the intra-clip. So unless you want to only trade 1 for 1, you need to track them. And even then, someone with quick fingers can repair and get safe.

Gun handling is also really troll. Fully aimed accuracy is good but the turret dispersion is really bad so even trying to hit moving targets when you are stationary is RNG dependent.

You also can't play aggressively at all in the first 80% of the match. You have no camo, a huge profile, no armor and you get the WTF100 zomg must focus autoloader treatment.

Oh it gets the gun.... it just can't aim up or down to shoot anything with it.

Oh great, a Type 34 at tier 9...what could go wrong.   :beard:

Currently on the 50 100. Trying to go for 3k DPG and 75% in it but that's proving to be very difficult given the reload time it has :/ 

I really don't think I'll enjoy the 50 120, at all. No elevation, meh depression, and 3.33 seconds, heck mediums can get 2 shots off by the time you unload the clip. The exposure time would seem to kill this thing. 

I am a sucker for these On Track events, anyone care to give a brief description of the break down of the AMX 50B line starting at the ARL 44?   (Low tiers go by so fast it doesn't matter)  

They can generally be summarised as fat boxes with little to no armour, mounted with guns that are derpy but packing good fire power. The ARL is the exception with some hull armour and a semi-useful mantlet. The AMX M4 is nothing spectacular. Best bet would probably be to fire gold out of the 105. Otherwise, it's just a really really bad Tiger.

The 50 100 has spectacular burst, enough for engaging multiple wounded opponents or even full health ones if you have support. I would advise not sitting still to unload unless no one is shooting back. Firing two shots for free then pulling back is much better than trying to dump the clip. Same for everything up the line. The reloads on the 100 and 120 are fairly lengthy, so learning how to manage that is a must. The 120 is the saddest of the three autoloaders. It tries really hard but its just so unwieldy. All the guns have excellent penetration for tier, so gold rounds are not really needed. This is a big plus considering how much money the T69 and, for some, 54E1 burns.

It's been ages since I've traveled down this line of tanks, but this event has made me pull them out again.

The autoloader heavies for me can only be described to by me as "vultures"

Save your shots and your HP.  Let the silly blokes with 8 second reloads track things for you before you unload a single shell for an amazing wallop.  

Let the AT-15 (or w/e pubbie bullet sponge there is) tank all the shots and distract the enemy while you pew pew from the sidelines.  

Secure the kills for your team if you think it's worth your exposure time.

keep in mind that the fewer tanks there are on the enemy team, the stronger you are.

Most of the time, you aren't going to carry the team - but if your team is holding even and it's the late game, you become a force multiplier and can clean the game up very cleanly and efficiently.

I love these tanks

Currently on the 50 100. Trying to go for 3k DPG and 75% in it but that's proving to be very difficult given the reload time it has :/ 

I really don't think I'll enjoy the 50 120, at all. No elevation, meh depression, and 3.33 seconds, heck mediums can get 2 shots off by the time you unload the clip. The exposure time would seem to kill this thing. 

For me the support-nature of the tank is what is preventing me from having a good winrate in it, unless platooned. You cannot carry if your whole team/flank falls to shit.

In regards to the 50 120, a good tip is to not really go for a full clip unload. Just get a shot in here and there and reload often. The reload is short enough for it to be viable. Then when you hit an isolated/distracted tank, you can let the gun sing. Worked for me quite well when I powergrinded this a few weeks ago :)

When I got this tank, I thought 3k dpg would be ez pz. I soon realised however, that playing solo meant I spent most of my games running away while on reload because the pubbies could not live long enough for me to get a second clip off on that flank. This tank pretty much needs a platoonmate in a solid heavy to lock down a flank while you reload, but then during that 50s, your platoonmate cleans up all the damage so its a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't really.

I ended up just playing mine solo with about 60% and 2.2k dpg.

50B is fucking amazing

I don't even care about the refire rate because of godly APCR and incredibru speed. Can't wait until my crew is actually not-shit, this thing should be even more amazing.

Also its best rammer NA for heavies :)

I just wish my 100mm stats didn ruin my 50-120 I was poor then and couldnt spend freexp.

Also guys did the .5 sec aimtime actually affect change in the 50b? Seemed to me like it might be one of those buffs that either doesnt change much or changes it a ton.

It's been ages since I've traveled down this line of tanks, but this event has made me pull them out again.

The autoloader heavies for me can only be described to by me as "vultures"

Save your shots and your HP.  Let the silly blokes with 8 second reloads track things for you before you unload a single shell for an amazing wallop.  

Let the AT-15 (or w/e pubbie bullet sponge there is) tank all the shots and distract the enemy while you pew pew from the sidelines.  

Secure the kills for your team if you think it's worth your exposure time.

keep in mind that the fewer tanks there are on the enemy team, the stronger you are.

Most of the time, you aren't going to carry the team - but if your team is holding even and it's the late game, you become a force multiplier and can clean the game up very cleanly and efficiently.

I love these tanks

OMG your back....Welcome bro.

Just dont even try running this thing in anything but pimped out module form. You probably wouldnt anyways but this thing gets crushed extra hard, like the old T34 did with the 105mm.

As for when its upgraded, if you just imagine its not a Autloader and more of a super fast reloading heavy its not so bad. My stats are shit but I only have 10 games on this toon with the 120mm. On my other I was avging very high DMG after I decided never to trade fire. I always lost trading shots, but as I sat back in TD lanes I noticed sometimes it forced me to win even more than my T57 as I wasnt always high tier and could still carry.

The 50-120 is more like a BatChat in its ability to reposition. So in between clips I would go from one flank to another and it seemed to work very well.

TL;DR

You will wreck shit I wager. it just isnt a typical autoloader. And while the 50-100 is way more OP for its tier in T9`s all you worry about it not bouncing on T54`s, Arty and Waffle 4`s.

Mainly just can`t ever get caught in the open, otherwise its pretty OP and IMO exactly the diff between this and the 54e1 is what WG is trying to do with 50b/57

50b was one of my first tier X (got it after the first nerf), and my most played tier X. My love for this tank is eternal, even if I suck with it (well, I suck at this game, so...).

Worth the grind just for those rare times when you can ram a Batchat at full speed.  :smallsmile:

They can generally be summarised as fat boxes with little to no armour, mounted with guns that are derpy but packing good fire power. The ARL is the exception with some hull armour and a semi-useful mantlet. The AMX M4 is nothing spectacular. Best bet would probably be to fire gold out of the 105. Otherwise, it's just a really really bad Tiger.

The 50 100 has spectacular burst, enough for engaging multiple wounded opponents or even full health ones if you have support. I would advise not sitting still to unload unless no one is shooting back. Firing two shots for free then pulling back is much better than trying to dump the clip. Same for everything up the line. The reloads on the 100 and 120 are fairly lengthy, so learning how to manage that is a must. The 120 is the saddest of the three autoloaders. It tries really hard but its just so unwieldy. All the guns have excellent penetration for tier, so gold rounds are not really needed. This is a big plus considering how much money the T69 and, for some, 54E1 burns.

Wow, its like you read my mind.  I loved the T69 and I am currently on the epic T54E1 but I can't grind these tanks because then I'd be living under a bridge.  Those tanks definitely opened my eyes to the power of autoloaders but I find it difficult to switch shell types as they need to capitalize on opportunities that can't wait 30 seconds.   Thanks for the run down.

When I got this tank, I thought 3k dpg would be ez pz. I soon realised however, that playing solo meant I spent most of my games running away while on reload because the pubbies could not live long enough for me to get a second clip off on that flank. This tank pretty much needs a platoonmate in a solid heavy to lock down a flank while you reload, but then during that 50s, your platoonmate cleans up all the damage so its a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't really.

I ended up just playing mine solo with about 60% and 2.2k dpg.

I'm probably going to be platooning 90% of the time. 3k isn't easy in any Tier 8 tank but I'm just pushing myself to see what can be done with the 50 100. 2 clips ~= 3000+ but that's not even counting misses/bounces/RNG. I guess I'll see where it stands when I finally unlock the 120. 

You might be able to do it using a damage centered playstyle. I suspect it might be easier to do so in a platoon, because your platoon mates can buy you an easy 1200-1800 damage just by taking a couple hits. 

also dont think anyone mentioned that the amount of ammo on the 50b is super sexy v batchat.

The ammo count on the 50b is a big plus compared to the T57 and Bat Chat. I really don't understand why they can't fit more shells into something as big as the T57. Balance?

You might be able to do it using a damage centered playstyle. I suspect it might be easier to do so in a platoon, because your platoon mates can buy you an easy 1200-1800 damage just by taking a couple hits. 

Solo pubbing I would probably pull off 60-62% in this thing to be honest. I will also be aiming to play for the win so I won't have them purposely simp shots for a few seconds just to get an extra clip's worth of damage in. I'll post results in this thread once I unlock the 120/if I ever want to go for it. 

Solo pubbing I would probably pull off 60-62% in this thing to be honest. I will also be aiming to play for the win so I won't have them purposely simp shots for a few seconds just to get an extra clip's worth of damage in. I'll post results in this thread once I unlock the 120/if I ever want to go for it. 

I got mine yesterday (yay on track)!  Problem is potato teams. 2 wins in 7 battles to start off is kinda miserable while averaging a 3k WN8.

Oh and really really hate clickers now. 1100 damage from a freaking BC arty non-ammo rack. ugg

The 50b is by far my favorite tank in the game right now, it's literally the only tank I've played in the past week.  It's a little frustrating though, I'm still trying to repair my dpg after my first 20 or so "learning" games haha.  

I got mine yesterday (yay on track)! Problem is potato teams. 2 wins in 7 battles to start off is kinda miserable while averaging a 3k WN8.

Oh and really really hate clickers now. 1100 damage from a freaking BC arty non-ammo rack. ugg

I feel your sorrow, bro...

Just got mine yesterday on sale and it seems to attract a lot of red/orange players so far.

Guess I just have to give it time, but it's annoying when you have to take a 50b to the front lines cause your well-armored heavies are sniping from the rear...

I feel your sorrow, bro...

Just got mine yesterday on sale and it seems to attract a lot of red/orange players so far.

Guess I just have to give it time, but it's annoying when you have to take a 50b to the front lines cause your well-armored heavies are sniping from the rear...

I love the front lines, I don't love my team hiding when I am clipped. 30 seconds and dead.

There is NOTHING wrong (IMHO) in hiding behind a pubbie till you can reload then dashing out and clipping the enemy down. Its kind of a bitch move in an E5/E100, but a 50B? 50B's W/R seems to correlate pretty strongly with how many times you reload the clip. :)

There is NOTHING wrong (IMHO) in hiding behind a pubbie till you can reload then dashing out and clipping the enemy down.

I'm pretty sure that is SOP for this tank.

There is NOTHING wrong (IMHO) in hiding behind a pubbie till you can reload then dashing out and clipping the enemy down. 

I'm pretty sure that is SOP for this tank.

Not many options, and the team has to account for it. I keep track of nearby autoloaders - you have to give them room to back up, and you have to be ready to plug the hole they leave when they do. Most autoloaders can't hold ground - they can make it painful for the first tank to push their position, but they can't defend squat once the clip runs dry.

Not many options, and the team has to account for it. I keep track of nearby autoloaders - you have to give them room to back up, and you have to be ready to plug the hole they leave when they do. Most autoloaders can't hold ground - they can make it painful for the first tank to push their position, but they can't defend squat once the clip runs dry.

Pubs rarely make room or support.

I had a blue/light purple platoon mate (not you Marduk don't worry) that used my 50B as a meatshield for his T110E5. I was not pleased, to say the least.