237 posts in this topic

50-120 isn't the worst, it is just between 2 awesome sauce tanks.

Lorraine 40t could be worse than 50-120 as lorraine is just an amx 50-100 with a small camo bonus, acceleration boost...but tiers 9..:)

Absolutely loving this beast. Granted, only 2 games into it but I've always had a thing for those French cuties. I even liked the 40t & 120, both of them were hilarious to play and reward you just enough to keep playing despite the occasional fails. But this 50B, omg:

- lol-speed

- very good gun handling compared to 57 & BC 25t

- sweet APCR

- looks awesome

- decent reload of 28s or so (running vents but no food, poor me)

Definitely one of my favourite tier Xs.

Today I sockpuppeted a 50B (on NA) for 22 battles on stream (So I'm pleased because I did better than I thought I would, I play much better off stream)

JAuMBhn.png

I find (and it's true for any tank) playing a single tank for a long session rather than doing my usual swap over with the 20 some odd tier 10s i have I also improve. I guess it makes sense. 

On my own 50b twice I got to above 94% MoE only to be 1 shot and sent back down and tilted (once by a conq GC and then by a 261). So once I get some time i'll have a 3rd go at it.

I am interested in playing the 50B on EU too if anyone has one and wouldn't mind me playing it, if it has 0 battles that would be amazing but not a must.

I am interested in playing the 50B on EU too if anyone has one and wouldn't mind me playing it, if it has 0 battles that would be amazing but not a must.

I have one with about 80 games in it. 2 full skills and 77% on third skill. Vstab, GLD and vents along with full premium consumable standard setup but if you want another equipment/consumable setup just say so and I will edit it accodingly. It is on 65.8% on MOE.

If that is off any interest feel free to PM me :)

My current stats in it: 

ueSjBwc.png

I have one with about 80 games in it. 2 full skills and 77% on third skill. Vstab, GLD and vents along with full premium consumable standard setup but if you want another equipment/consumable setup just say so and I will edit it accodingly. It is on 65.8% on MOE.

If that is off any interest feel free to PM me :)

My current stats in it: 

ueSjBwc.png

Sure this'll work, i'll post my findings after I play a certain amount of games in it to compare how I feel on each server.

The only thing i'd swap is the GLD for Optics as I feel with the buffed aimtime and rations the GLD is redundant.

Shoot me a pm with info + times you won't be on the account so I know im okay to log onto it.

Hey guys, 50B is my 1st tier 10 that I bought(after 13k games :D) so I wanted to see how am I doing at the moment.

I played like 5-6 games in platoon, rest is solo.

shot020.jpg

Is this good for 50B?

You are doing pretty good, yeah, but if you continue with that exact performance you'll probably normalize down a lot. Still purple, but nothing like your current winrate, especially if you start platooning less. One thing I can see is that you have a really low spots/game. This is usually a sign of being passive early game. I bet you can get a bit more performance out of your 50B if you try a little harder to get that first clip off earlier. After the first clip, you're free to get as passive as you want - but you really want to take advantage of the fact that you're one of the only fast autoloaders in the game. The only tank that can really rival your early game influence is a batchat.

You are doing pretty good, yeah, but if you continue with that exact performance you'll probably normalize down a lot. Still purple, but nothing like your current winrate, especially if you start platooning less. One thing I can see is that you have a really low spots/game. This is usually a sign of being passive early game. I bet you can get a bit more performance out of your 50B if you try a little harder to get that first clip off earlier. After the first clip, you're free to get as passive as you want - but you really want to take advantage of the fact that you're one of the only fast autoloaders in the game. The only tank that can really rival your early game influence is a batchat.

Yeah I expect that... WR is still high as damage could go lower, depending on days and my mood....

Sooooo,...early rush and clip? Got it.

If you happen to have any replays showing what is 50B's good game post it please :)

EDIT: Tried it and got rekt by USSR OP mediums. (and yes, you can't talk me out of saying that they aren't OP)

I'm totally starting to hate the teams (or tank?), I can't even utilize the burst or anything. With platoon it is very nice to play, but solo pubbing is pain...

I actually have no problems soloing in the 50b, try and be more patient with it (unless you can get an early clip off with little risk to yourself).

Anyway finished the 3rd mark this morning:

9xsdYuu.jpg

Final 3rd Mark Session:

Dd6kmPu.png

So we should aim for a 6k combined damage per game to get the third mark on the 50b?

Also, congratulations on the marks. They look nice :P

I'm totally starting to hate the teams (or tank?), I can't even utilize the burst or anything. With platoon it is very nice to play, but solo pubbing is pain...

same like what anfield said, be patient, dont agro and use ur mobility (keep moving/change position when reloadng).

shot_588_zps9b89abce.jpg

So we should aim for a 6k combined damage per game to get the third mark on the 50b?

Also, congratulations on the marks. They look nice :P

Well that was just the final 3-4% i had left on it ;p I think overall I was doing 4.2k~

grats on your 3rd Mark, Anfield!

The 50B was my first (and only) tier 10, and I love it. I don't play it often because it is expensive for me to run w/o a prem account, but bouncing a Jp. E100's shot off the beak made my day.

I actually have no problems soloing in the 50b, try and be more patient with it (unless you can get an early clip off with little risk to yourself).

I got a bit hang of it... I guess. I even got Ace tanker with help of my brother in his E-75(I did 8k damage, he blocked 8k :))

Tell me, how big difference BiA and coffee make? I'm going for BiA for next skill to get that derpy aim into place but I'm too cheap for coffee... Oh, and congrats on 3rd mark.

Just got my 50b. I really enjoyed my 50 120 even though I opted to skip the top engine. Liked it even more so than the 50 100 because of the faster reload.

Had a nice 4k dmg game to kick things off and I feel like I'll do fine with the early dmg/medium denial playstyle. Plus that APCR is ridiculous. But I am looking for examples of how to use the armor I have. Obviously it's a French tank so I'm not expecting much but since I will get derp rushed plenty when I'm clipping it'd be nice to understand the best way to take an otherwise unavoidable shot.

I'm going to watch some of anfields 3-mark vid pack tomorrow to see if I can see examples but it's be nice if some of the experienced 50b folks could chime in on the best way to save those HP.

EDIT:  Found this clip from Anfield.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0S7QBsPqYA

Frontal hull is pretty troll, I hear that pointing your gun up as far as it can go turns part of the turret into an autobounce zone. Can anyone confirm?

Still, it's a Frenchie so the best armor is not getting shot at all.

Frontal hull is pretty troll, I hear that pointing your gun up as far as it can go turns part of the turret into an autobounce zone. Can anyone confirm?

Still, it's a Frenchie so the best armor is not getting shot at all.

Haven't heard anything about the auto bounce part. But what you can do with the turret is to elevate your gun when you are backing off with a hull if you were hull down. This hides the little strip on top, makes your turret slightly lower as you're backing off into lower elevation, and only exposes the main part of your gun, a much smaller and much harder to hit target when you're backing off. This has saved me from getting hit in the turret on more than a few occasions. 

Looking at my 50b, it's so sexi and flawless, two thick stripes on the barrel, those shapes, mm.. :maniac::$

And then I see Anfield and his god damn third mark, and I cri. Y U DO DIS 2 ME ANFILED? Y!? :

Raising your gun might get you a few more bounces in some places while backing off, but its still less than 200mm effective and well below 70° in most areas so I wouldn't depend on it.

Raising your gun might get you a few more bounces in some places while backing off, but its still less than 200mm effective and well below 70° in most areas so I wouldn't depend on it.

Yeah.  Hopefully anyone who's gotten to the 50b understands that the only real armor you have is something between your tank and the tanks trying to shoot you.  A wall, a hill, a pubby, etc.  Anything but your armor.  But I'm sure there will be times (derp rush, good player counting shots, etc.) where I'll have no where to hide.  If raising my gun gives me a 15% chance of bouncing instead of a 10% one then that might be the difference between winning 55% and winning 56%...

First match in this was a great success. GLD worth it because the aimtime doesn't seem to be much of an issue so I just put vents on which still helps it a bit anyways.

6zCuvB2.jpgEdit: First few matches makes you feel like a goddamn beast, then the gun starts to troll you and and arty finally gets around to clicking you. Still a great tank nonetheless, especially with how the meh the 50 120 was.

So I realized that I had trained camo for the fourth skill on this tank and that this thing has the camo value of a neon barn. I plan to drop camo and change around skills. They are about 75 percent in the fourth skill.

Sixth sense, bia, repairs, recon

Deadeye, bia, repairs, snap shot

-----, bia, repairs, smooth ride

Safe stowage, bia, repairs, situational awareness

I dont know what to put on the driver. I run food instead of afe. Thinking either preventative, clutch breaking, or controlled impact. Comments?