PityFool

The new meta and the T110E5: Diamond amongst the rocks? Or just simple salt?

832 posts in this topic

Double ammorack from a shitter in a PzMutz.

Despite the ridiculously weak ammorack, this is such a beast...

I'm getting that this tank needed a buff. It was a slice pile of meh with a lulzy tumour weak spot.

Now?

Even hitting the LFP with no angle is a risky shot with even 268mm of pen. The cupola buff is a fucking joke. Yeah, 300mm+ of pen an bounce? The Fuck?

All the while the fucker is enjoying great gun control, great gun depression and using HEAT (as 80% of the tosspots who use this on EU seem to.)

Can someone explain to me, logically, how this shit isn't fucking OP? Because I'm failing to see it myself.

14 hours ago, FreddBoy said:

I'm getting that this tank needed a buff. It was a slice pile of meh with a lulzy tumour weak spot.

Now?

Even hitting the LFP with no angle is a risky shot with even 268mm of pen. The cupola buff is a fucking joke. Yeah, 300mm+ of pen an bounce? The Fuck?

All the while the fucker is enjoying great gun control, great gun depression and using HEAT (as 80% of the tosspots who use this on EU seem to.)

Can someone explain to me, logically, how this shit isn't fucking OP? Because I'm failing to see it myself.

Yeah, some people still think its completely balanced, and i dont get it.

E5 doesnt have one ridiculously OP point (okay, cupola is kinda bullshit though) like many other tanks had. In, fact, it actually kinda reminds of KV-1S now. Multiple great points combined together, giving tank very few flaws is what makes E5 and made KV-1S OP. E5 doesnt have ridiculous alpha like 1S but in return gets very strong armor and great gun handling, reload and DPM, something what KV-1S lacked. This basically means E5 is nearly flawless tank. Its only drawbacks are:

- side and rear armor, and still mostly against cancer, since 76mm side + large tracks are still enough to sidescrape.

- ammo rack problems

- "low" alpha (hardly matters because gun stats make up for it)

- "low" HP (again, hardly matters because armor makes up for it)

It has good gun, great armor, and good mobility. I dont see how that is not overpowered.

26 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Yeah, some people still think its completely balanced, and i dont get it.

E5 doesnt have one ridiculously OP point (okay, cupola is kinda bullshit though) like many other tanks had. In, fact, it actually kinda reminds of KV-1S now. Multiple great points combined together, giving tank very few flaws is what makes E5 and made KV-1S OP. E5 doesnt have ridiculous alpha like 1S but in return gets very strong armor and great gun handling, reload and DPM, something what KV-1S lacked. This basically means E5 is nearly flawless tank. Its only drawbacks are:

- side and rear armor, and still mostly against cancer, since 76mm side + large tracks are still enough to sidescrape.

- ammo rack problems

- "low" alpha (hardly matters because gun stats make up for it)

- "low" HP (again, hardly matters because armor makes up for it)

It has good gun, great armor, and good mobility. I dont see how that is not overpowered.

Not saying that I disagree but it is funny that you say its a 'nearly flawless tank' and then go on to list some flaws. By that logic pretty much every tank in the game is 'nearly flawless'. I find the ammo rack issues to be extremely annoying, getting racked in 8/10 games.  

1 hour ago, Ferox4 said:

Not saying that I disagree but it is funny that you say its a 'nearly flawless tank' and then go on to list some flaws. By that logic pretty much every tank in the game is 'nearly flawless'. I find the ammo rack issues to be extremely annoying, getting racked in 8/10 games.  

ehh

so by your logic: nearly flawless = flawless

either way, those two last "flaws" cannot be even really considered as flaws, leaving only ammo rack and weak side, i.e 2 flaws. Maybe not "nearly flawless" probably but pretty close.

17 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

ehh

so by your logic: flawless = nearly flawless

either way, those two last "flaws" cannot be even really considered as flaws, leaving only ammo rack and weak side, i.e 2 flaws. Maybe not "nearly flawless" probably but pretty close.

Not at all, no tank is flawless, some are just better than others.

You know what sucks?, having a T57H coming out of nowhere, tracking (with damage) you in the first shot, repair, pens you again with ammorack included and so on.

ggwp.

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.com/2016/02/03022016-q.html

Personally, I don't get why everyone is chomping at the bit to nerf the T110E5. Why not keep the new machine gun turret as-is? It still has other weak spots to be exploited. From what I can gather, getting that armor buff now allows it to act as a real heavy on the battlefield.
-E5 will not be kept as it is, no chance to avoid nerf – it is simply the best heavy AND the best US T10 medium (it has more fire power and survivability than an M48A1 while comparable on mobility) defacto at the moment.  That might be not the armor nerf tho, mobility nerf is another option, or some other option

On 22.1.2016 at 5:40 PM, BlackAdder said:

I think that people started to losing grip here.

1. mediums are for flanking not direct attack (unless you got super pen gun, but this is weird mix of MBTs and HTs on higher tier)
  2. Heavys are heavy for reason, if you want pen (and shit on HT) you get self a TD (tank_destroyer)
  3. You can pen it with GOLD, dont be cheap cunt

At beginning i played mostly HTs and TDs, but meta shifted towards MTs and high mobility + high pen guns, and HTs and TDs especially lost their mojo. I consider E5 murican IS7, you go frontally and you have less chance. Simple as that. And tumor before was so fuckin bad. 

EDIT:

What seems to be the officer, problem?

Hidden Content

That's bullshit. Mediums have the same pen as heavies at T10 so it applies to both, the amount I've bounced perfectly straight shots off the lower plate is ridiculous, at this point I just instantly load gold because I know he will shit on my face if I don't. The IS-7 is (somewhat) balanced because it is extremely sluggish, has no gun depression and a terrible gun, the E5 has none of these problems. The IS-7 also gets penned everywhere in the frontal hull with gold, the E5 doesn't. The only thing that the IS-7 does better than the E5 is the lack of a cupola that could be penned with gold, but that is already countered by shitty gun depression.

You got the wrong tab for the IS-7 btw, here's how it actually looks, one big fat lower plate to get penned by 258 pen easily.

q6STrFS.png

15 minutes ago, breeeze said:

That's bullshit. Mediums have the same pen as heavies at T10 so it applies to both, the amount I've bounced perfectly straight shots off the lower plate is ridiculous, at this point I just instantly load gold because I know he will shit on my face if I don't. The IS-7 is (somewhat) balanced because it is extremely sluggish, has no gun depression and a terrible gun, the E5 has none of these problems. The IS-7 also gets penned everywhere in the frontal hull with gold, the E5 doesn't. The only thing that the IS-7 does better than the E5 is the lack of a cupola that could be penned with gold, but that is already countered by shitty gun depression.

You got the wrong tab for the IS-7 btw, here's how it actually looks, one big fat lower plate to get penned by 258 pen easily.

q6STrFS.png

I got pened by E100 with AP two times straight in E5 lfp. I remember times when everyone could shit on E5. I think it's ok. 

3k on avg for me, nothing spectacular. AND I don't enjoy that much playing it, with all that ammoracks... 

But whatever, everyone have some preference. 

5 hours ago, breeeze said:

But that's supposed to be the weakness of the E5, the lower plate. Now it's pure RNG. Plus the bullshit cupola.

shoot the left or ride side of the lower plate, center is the trollish part.

If you shoot left or right side of the LFP, the trollish part is just replaced by tracks. There's no winning aim. You either knife fight an E5 or start rolling dice.

Where did the myth about Americans lower plates being weaker on the side come from?? Was it like that before? I often see streamers aim at sides of LFP of E3 for example, but when i look at the model the sides are basicly the same, if not worse to pen.

The thing about the lower plate on E5 is that:

1-Unlike E 100 or IS-7,it is hard to tell where exactly it begins,e.g.the upper part of the lower plate,right below the connection between upper and lower plate has 330mm of armor.

2-The lowest part of the lower plate,which naturally should be weakest, actually has 320 armor as well.

And these troll people a lot.

But apart from that ,I have been penned in the lower plate of my E5 by is-3s ,E50 etc,the rest of the lower plate is only 180-210mm thick. Pretty weak for a tier 10 heavy.

You can try to angle and hope they go for outer part  of  the lower plate but the ammo rack it too vulnerable IMO.

56 minutes ago, JuiceQuadre said:

Where did the myth about Americans lower plates being weaker on the side come from?? Was it like that before? I often see streamers aim at sides of LFP of E3 for example, but when i look at the model the sides are basicly the same, if not worse to pen.

HD change?

1 hour ago, brun0_banani said:

2-The lowest part of the lower plate,which naturally should be weakest, actually has 320 armor as well.

Actually if you are on flat ground and flat plate raw thickness and angle remains the same, lower plate has more thickness at the bottom because the angle from your gun increases thus making bottom of the lower plate have more angling than the top of the lower plate.

2 hours ago, JuiceQuadre said:

IIRC pre-HD models used to have weaker armor values on side of LFP. Can't remember if it's actually true though. You can check out M48 Patton model, it has bigger nominal armor closer to beak.

On 平成28年1月18日 at 5:51 PM, breeeze said:

So it being impenetrable apart from small parts of the lfp and (with luck) gold to the cupola is fine? 

Right now its overbuffed as fuck, platoons of this thing just shit on people. 

Sure, it was rather average before but now its just stupid and makes me not want to play T10, just as the IS-3 makes me not want to play T8.

Just like platoons of T-62As shit on people? :P

Fighting against nearly 11k DPM :^)

Well, if they nerf it, I do hope that they only nerf the lower plate, the cupola buff was much needed, albeit a mistake.

Yeah, its like an IS-3 of T10 at the moment. Just too good overall, cupola is fine as it is, but lower plate is way too strong. This makes tank not able to just hull down, but also attack and push like really nothing else. IS-7 used to be the fast heavy for that role, but now it is pretty much useless compared to E5. Nerfing lower plate and keeping cupola as it is now would be the best option probably. 

18 minutes ago, HS5 said:

Yeah, its like an IS-3 of T10 at the moment. Just too good overall, cupola is fine as it is, but lower plate is way too strong. This makes tank not able to just hull down, but also attack and push like really nothing else. IS-7 used to be the fast heavy for that role, but now it is pretty much useless compared to E5. Nerfing lower plate and keeping cupola as it is now would be the best option probably. 

It's saying things like that "It's stronger than the equivalent Russian tank now" that gets stuff hit with the nerfbat ;)

On 25.2.2016 at 10:41 AM, JuiceQuadre said:

Back in the day, you could pen E5 lower plate with 120 pen next to the sprocket.

2 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

How to tell if E5 is OP:

enIRpQd.jpg

That prove nothing?

He has 38% over 120 games and 1k wn8 in the thing. One decent match proves little...