PityFool

The new meta and the T110E5: Diamond amongst the rocks? Or just simple salt?

832 posts in this topic

On 13/04/2016 at 2:19 PM, ProfessorMunroe said:

What sort of dpg are people pulling in this post-buff?  I'm curious if ~3500 is "good" for someone at my "level" or I'm slacking.  It's always hard to tell with significantly buffed tanks as I can't just look at dossiers of similarly skilled (or better) players.

Because the WN9 expected values are based on recent data, they should work pretty well as targets. Pick the 500 WN9 skill level here and read off the expected damage column:

http://jaj22.org.uk/expvals.html

Might add a few more skill levels.

45 minutes ago, hallo1994 said:

Please excuse my poor play, but E5 cupola now easy to pen with HEAT?

http://wotreplays.com/site/2738369#stats

It's not a huge deal. HEAT will do the job almost always, unless you hit it around the .50 cal which is quite bouncy. Had a E5 and a Skoda T50/51 constantly penning my cupola earlier today, with HEAT of course.

In my experience, people just struggle to pen the cupola if they're firing AP or the occasional APCR.

On 6/5/2016 at 11:31 PM, Torenico said:

In my experience, people just struggle to pen the cupola if they're firing AP or the occasional APCR.

You basically mentioned only meds (other e5s can pen you with HEAT, but it is very accurate gun for a heavy, with great handling). I avoid going against them If i have no support.

But Derpy guns like 150/130 mm... they can load whatever they want, a bit of wiggling and not point blank, and they are fried...let them load HE if they wanna make any dmg.

Even  122s have big troubles hitting the right spot with HEAT.

Besides, heavies have all much slower heat than meds, you can feel it.

Lol it's retarded how people defend the E5 from not being stupidly OP when it's clear it obviously is.

I like the fact that we can get real heavies in the game that people just cannot pen unless they outsmart the opponent. But the E5 is literally better at being impervious than the IS-7/IS-4 who are notorious for that exact thing. 

It's not bad at anything, it's great at literally everything which is a problem in the game here. People whined about the T18 in tier 2 because armour+gun+mobility is just broken. E5 has all of those things, while always being top tier and the only thing that can really shit on an E5 is arty. And even then it's way more arty resistant than other heaviums.

The tank has a great gun, great depression, strong armour, mobility and thick tracks, all of these traits literally make the tank better suited than any other tank in so many scenarios it's not even funny when it's supposed to be a generalist tank. Why would you play any other heavy in T10 for the sole purpose of doing well? I know I would go with other things, but that is also ten times the effort because 60%WR E5 is something I could pretty much do in my sleep. RRR-chokepoint-farm while nothing can pen you nor dig you out because DPM and gun handling-proceed to next chokepoint.

the only weakness there is is an ammorack, and do I really need to go into the problem of module damage as a reliable weakness of a tank with RNG involved? It's nowhere near as bad as a Conq or PTA in terms of getting ammoracked either? It is just too good at everything right now, whether it's due to the recent powercreep, WG being stupid or maps simply favouring them isn't even important because the tank is fucking easier to play than arty

At least an overextending shitlord in a TVP is easy to deal with, but a retard in an E5 will have good games because the tank works the player and not the other way around like it's supposed to be.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

By Milkym4n

WG is stupid for not giving him contract for these models. They are amazing.

13 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

His models have one disadvantage - there're much bigger than WG's ones so slower computers might have problem with loading them during a battle (2-3 sec freezes everytime when such tank is spotted - thank you for this knowledge, my old notebook). Of course playing on SSD kills this problem without mercy.

14 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

His models have one disadvantage - there're much bigger than WG's ones so slower computers might have problem with loading them during a battle (2-3 sec freezes everytime when such tank is spotted - thank you for this knowledge, my old notebook). Of course playing on SSD kills this problem without mercy.

Yeah, excessively high-poly models will play hell with some computers.

9 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

He can reduce the size if he wants. That should be fairly easy compared to making fucking awesome models.

@MacusFlash I couldn't downloaded, could you ? 

Just picked this thing up with the NA On Track discount. 'Tis a thing of beauty. That gun is fantastic. 

See's that E5 is top o fthe tree, :kjugh: activate HT12.4.. Finished it after 12 games.. :kwim:

Brace yourselves then in T10 games. So much freedom.

41 minutes ago, hallo1994 said:

Brace yourselves then in T10 games. So much freedom.

TBH on EU hasn't much changed, every shitter is driving E5 already.

I'm having the WORST time fighting 215B's. The precision on the move and stationnary just say's FUCK YOU to my armor and they're DPM + HP just eat me alive.. . 

I'm sure this has been discussed many times in this thread but I'm far to lazy to look through it but which is preferred on the E5 optics or vents?

With that stupid armor + Optics, you can make some hilarious pushes that no one else would dare to even attempt.

I prefer Optics MUCH over Vents on this. But then again, I prefer Optics over Vents on many things.

Playing this again for a bit. Is it only me, or do everybody get double ammoracked every 3-4 games?

16 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Playing this again for a bit. Is it only me, or do everybody get double ammoracked every 3-4 games?

That is why you carry 2 rep kits

I don't have many issues with ammo racks. Although I always look for some hull down spots, and you have to be careful when peeking corners. It's easy to track and rack an E5.

The buffs to the capola were needed. It was a GLARING weak spot that rendered the tank un-playable but for a special few. 

The lower front... eh... 

I dont think WG will ever change its armor model, but they will probably on the live server kill its traverse and reverse speed

22 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Usually only happens if you are exposing the sides of your hull (particularly the front portion). I had a couple of games in the past 100 or so where I got double racked.