PityFool

The new meta and the T110E5: Diamond amongst the rocks? Or just simple salt?

815 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

The buffs to the capola were needed. It was a GLARING weak spot that rendered the tank un-playable but for a special few. 

The lower front... eh... 

I dont think WG will ever change its armor model, but they will probably on the live server kill its traverse and reverse speed

It is deserved, and good for the Meta. It behaves too much like a medium. role of armor is good as it is. I just hope they do not over nerf it by worsening the gun handling, too. That would kill it.

Since i'm still banned, i'm enjoying treats of other people accounts. I'm feeling to comfortable when isn't my acc, dunno why. 

7K DMG, very nice game, almost fucked it.

REPLAY

Apparently it is a good tank. I wouldn't know because I am such a baddie in mine. I kind find the armor it apparently has.

Finally got mine, only five games for now. But aside from the best thing to ever happen to this game, taking healthy ~900 health chunks every time they fire fart in my general direction, the armor is retarded, specially combined with it's gun handling (for a heavy).

Rammer/Verstab is a nobrainer, but what would you guys recommend for the third slot? Optics, vents, or WAR because shit ammo rack?

Never WAR, double rep is a much better solution to that issue.  Optics or vents,  personal preference. I think I run vents?  Also have 5 skills crew ( from before the buff!!!)

Just coming back to this thread to say I can't stand this tank and will have to sell it. With the nerf that is coming I am going to suck even harder in it than I already do. so it really has no place in my garage.

I had SH mission for 1k gold (needed to go 5 games with 4k damage each), so i take the E5 for a spin and lo and behold HT15-4...

I actually ground out the entire Maus line just for this mission (just finished the grind, haven't bought the Maus yet.. :frenchy:

If i remember i actually did it another time during the E5 last Top of the tree. i just didn't have it activated.

Probably one of the best tank to do HT-15 right now (before buff).

300462e9-3f05-421b-814d-3ab4d1ef18e5.jpg

On 2/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, DHP said:

300462e9-3f05-421b-814d-3ab4d1ef18e5.jpg

Did this one with 112 on my bro acc. 12 k blocked, 3 k dmg done, and I lost just 800 k health. He even does not have a tier 9 or 10 heavy (aside from Conq, which is not gonna make it anyway).

:bigdoge:

So, the patch is live. I'm mildly afraid to take my E5 out now. Has anyone ran a decent enough number of pub battles to reflect on the nerfs?

2 hours ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

So, the patch is live. I'm mildly afraid to take my E5 out now. Has anyone ran a decent enough number of pub battles to reflect on the nerfs?

I did a few. tried forcing myself to sell it by proving myself how crap it became...and failed to do it.

Armor is still surprisingly bouncy, if you are just a bit more careful. You can no longer survive a close-up brawl without bleeding at least some hitpoints, but shelling at range by meds/tds, and medium-range brawls (100-200 m), and you are still golden. Enemy E-100 has no benefit from your hatch nerf if you stay far enough.

Bounced even a few monster AP shells from arty.

I guess that it is still gonna be a straight-up better M48. You just dont have the super-heavy level of armor any more...

a small plus is that I have lost much less ammoracks, now when the hatch is a viable weakspot (albeit a much worse one than a LFP).

Its retained most of what was important about the armor buffs. You can still juke with the cupola. Minor nerf, still strong.

Thank goodness , E5 is my first Tier X. I was worried it would be nerfed into shit. 

7 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Its retained most of what was important about the armor buffs. You can still juke with the cupola. Minor nerf, still strong.

HZ3yFth.png

vs 50B AP, they really killed cupola, only retards can't hit ~230 @ mid ranges. I did few games on CT but they ar 99% retarded, so i have to see on live. 

A giant autopen weak spot on turret kills it as a heavy, but the gun handling is probably good enough to play it like a better M103.  Its all about the derp guns now bois.  The E5 is just another medium.

183 HESH will reliably pen cupola now, so yeah.

Had a match in this post-nerf, went town in Ruinberg. Crushed my flank, then tried smashing my way through the swarm to reset cap. I wasn't fast enough in killing and I died and they capped :(

u7LV9pv.jpg
6aE2r4F.jpg

Surprisingly the armor held up pretty well, and I just try to play it like a buffed M103 these days thanks to the lolcupola

On 2/24/2017 at 10:48 AM, CraBeatOff said:

Playing the old E5 was like being a peasant: simple and dirty and not very exciting.

Before the patch I often went full tomato thinking my armour would save my ass - which it did - most of the time. Post 'improvement' (WG PR doing its job here) I find myself relying on the combination of gun depression and gun handling to get cheeky shots off. It's true that it's no longer going to be a superheavy with heavium mobility, but the tank has so many strengths to leverage - as well as abuse - that it's probably still pretty formidable as a package. It's like switching from one crutch to another.

That, and playing the tank makes me feel like a hipster, which is always nice.

It was already solid before the buff and still will be a potent tank I think. I think the cupola is still stronger than it was back then and at least won't be reliably penetrated by HESH (whose pen got nerfed in the meantime). I was actually more worried about the drive wheel than the cupola, as the weaker armor there might lead to more track+ammo rack issues, which are a pain in the ass in this tank. Has anyone had some experience with this? I don't really know how to check the old armor model to compare, but, looking at the new one, the drive wheel seems to be a very easy pen.

9 minutes ago, Whole_Nutjob said:

It was already solid before the buff and still will be a potent tank I think. I think the cupola is still stronger than it was back then and at least won't be reliably penetrated by HESH (whose pen got nerfed in the meantime). I was actually more worried about the drive wheel than the cupola, as the weaker armor there might lead to more track+ammo rack issues, which are a pain in the ass in this tank. Has anyone had some experience with this? I don't really know how to check the old armor model to compare, but, looking at the new one, the drive wheel seems to be a very easy pen.

They are, but ppl dont read the patchnotes. They go only for the LFP or cupola, anyway. 

I shoot them there now, though.  You have to expect nasty surprises from competent players from now on.

Haven't played mine because I hated it before the nerf now I will not touch it except to sell. However I have played against a few and they are easy to kill now. Tier 9 and 10 meds can eat them up. Even the jiggling doesn't seem to help much. 

Considering the cupola is actually weaker now than it was before the armor buffs... yeah, no thanks. Before it was covered with slopes, so only maybe a third of the cupola was a pennable shot. Now try 70%. So they managed to start at "maybe a bit weak", go to, "Jesus, is this shit for real", and back down to, "lolfreekill".

still better than M103 :doge: 

2 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

still better than M103 :doge: 

Of course.