PityFool

The new meta and the T110E5: Diamond amongst the rocks? Or just simple salt?

815 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

still better than M103 :doge: 

Not many tanks are worse than an M103, anyway :doge::doge::doge:

20 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I dont recall seeing it in CW/Silver since the nerfs

Is this due to E5 nerfs or emerging Maus meta?

40 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

Is this due to E5 nerfs or emerging Maus meta?

Capola nerf. It can no longer poke and have the chance to not lose health

Kurrrrwajebanamac.

kCjsljE.png

Bought it a few days ago and I AM IN LOVE!!! After trying to complete HT 3.12 (bounce triple HP + do 2k damage) in IS-7 for a hundred or so battles I abandoned all hope and started researching German heavy line from the scratch just for this damn mission. 200+ battles in E 75? Nope. 200+ battles in E 100? Still nope. And then I've purchased E5. 15 battles later it bounced more than 8k without me even trying too hard.

Yeah, even with cupola nerf, it's still pretty bouncy at range because 25% RNG will protect the cupola, and it's easy to find some cover to hide the lfp behind.

On 3/9/2017 at 6:00 PM, Jesse_the_Scout said:

Considering the cupola is actually weaker now than it was before the armor buffs... yeah, no thanks. Before it was covered with slopes, so only maybe a third of the cupola was a pennable shot. Now try 70%. So they managed to start at "maybe a bit weak", go to, "Jesus, is this shit for real", and back down to, "lolfreekill".

It still feels better than it did pre-hd, when in my experience ~200mm pen. guns could somewhat reliably go through it. 

http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/mlittle1023/media/Weakspot2_zpsc1ee09cd.jpg.html

As for it being "lolfreekill", that's just a wild exaggeration. It's still a very strong tank when played properly. 

The cupola is definitely stronger than pre-HD. Pre-HD cupola was extremely vulnerable to 225 pen, and can be penned half the time if hit by 203 pen dead on. 230 at the worst point is still a pretty big improvement, and far less likely to get penned by 183 hesh than pre-HD.

I've officially fallen out of love with the E5. I've been wanting to put my thoughts on paper for a while now, but I could never nail what it was which frustrated me. Turns out it was a couple of things.

I would say the armour has become crap, but that isn't entirely true. The armour still works, sometimes, and other times you get autopenned with silver on random. The thing with the armour is that it's no longer abusable. In order to shoot, you are bound to present some weakspot to the enemy, which you then try to minimise by rocking back and forth like an idiot. Your reverse speed being arbitrarily limited to 12 doesn't help. The point is, that's completely RNG dependent. 

The E5's armour also does not reward positioning work - at least compared to almost every other Tier 10 heavy tank. Your chance of being penned while sitting in a hulldown spot are much the same as the likelihood of your being penned while in the open. As a result of that it's pretty crap as far as heavies are concerned for holding positions. In theory, wiggling should make your armour strong - sadly your cupola is only strong from the front and at tier 10 it takes about 2 seconds to pre-aim a corner.

Another trick that the E5 used to have was showing the tip of its hull and a bit of drive wheel. That entire zone was pretty much autobounce. Now, doing the same thing will get you penned and ammoracked, most likely. OTOH the M103 retains the autobounce strip for some reason. What this really means is that unless you have some form of hulldown cover, the E5 no longer has a way to peek corners without presenting autopen zones to its enemies. This is a problem because it's so limiting to aggressive play.

As a result of these armour changes, I find the E5 increasingly shoehorned a 2nd line support heavy role which it really isn't that suited for. The 215B does it better, and tier for tier, although I hate to write this, maybe the M103 as well.

Finally, the E5 got the short end of the stick when it came to arty changes. The arty changes essentially mean that base armour thickness and tank size are the only things that matter when you're splashed by a bad bout of cancer. The E5 has terrible side armour ranging between 44 to 76.2 milimetres. Even the 113, which used to be a favourite target, gets 90 milimetres + 30 spaced on top of that. Unlike in superheavies and other things with actual side armour, the E5 is still screwed by arty, and by screwed I mean having chunks of health torn off you from half a map away.

Of course, the E5 remains a passable tank. It still has that combination of a good gun, decent mobility and troll armour which always deserves a look. But I suspect WG has overnerfed it by a fraction. The LFP nerfs were good, but the tumour nerf decidedly isn't. All this means that the E5 cannot outtank most heavy tanks, nor is it able to outshoot mediums.

The E5 used to be hailed as the jack of all trades heavy. Now, I think that title, if it goes to anything, would go the 113. The 113 is actually fast, doesn't go -12 in reverse, can sidescrape, has extremely abusable and gold resistant UFP and turret armour, and even has higher DPM to farm those sweet, sweet damages. Of course, it's pretty inaccurate at mid ranges, but as a volume shooter that's hardly fatal.

In its current state, I'd really love it if WG did something to make it a bit more......rewarding to play, but the truth is that there are many worse tanks at tier 10 that need buffs far more than this one.

3 hours ago, lavawing said:

The LFP nerfs were good, but the tumour nerf decidedly isn't.

It's funny, but I feel it's the opposite for the very reason you stated: can't bait shots/corner brawl with your hull now without getting ammoracked. Before the nerf everyone spammed HEAT at the E5 anyway. So I don't feel I'm getting penned through the tumour any more in randoms then I was before.

12 hours ago, lavawing said:

Of course, the E5 remains a passable tank. It still has that combination of a good gun, decent mobility and troll armour which always deserves a look. But I suspect WG has overnerfed it by a fraction. The LFP nerfs were good, but the tumour nerf decidedly isn't. All this means that the E5 cannot outtank most heavy tanks, nor is it able to outshoot mediums.

The E5 used to be hailed as the jack of all trades heavy. Now, I think that title, if it goes to anything, would go the 113. The 113 is actually fast, doesn't go -12 in reverse, can sidescrape, has extremely abusable and gold resistant UFP and turret armour, and even has higher DPM to farm those sweet, sweet damages. Of course, it's pretty inaccurate at mid ranges, but as a volume shooter that's hardly fatal.

It's time to stop. :doge:

E5's still an amazing tank, and one of the best T10 solopubbers. The fact that it has lost its idiot-proof status doesn't mean it needs any buffs whatsoever.

Also, fuck the 113, it's garbage gun, turret placement, bad depression, dubious upper plate, and the ridiculous module damage it takes. That's what I would call a passable pub tank.

1 hour ago, Sapros said:

E5's still an amazing tank, and one of the best T10 solopubbers. The fact that it has lost its idiot-proof status doesn't mean it needs any buffs whatsoever.

Also, fuck the 113, it's garbage gun, turret placement, bad depression, dubious upper plate, and the ridiculous module damage it takes. That's what I would call a passable pub tank.

Reusable rep kits brah

Besides, the E5 takes comparable ammo rack damage, plus the commander/loader/gunner die every time your turret gets penned anyway.

The E5 is forgiving of bad positioning, but I hate that feeling of being ez penned even when in a perfect place; IMO the 113 is kind of the opposite if you get what I mean.

The E5 is easier to solopub, though.

The module damage is in no shape or form comparable, the 113 is in a whole different league. Just like the e5's in a different league when solopubbing.

2 hours ago, Sapros said:

E5's still an amazing tank

This^. I'm not really feeling the nerf and I need all the help I can get at tier X. Just need to be a tad smarter how I play it. Much less yolo face-hugging and I'm having better games for it. 

1 hour ago, lavawing said:

Reusable rep kits brah

Besides, the E5 takes comparable ammo rack damage, plus the commander/loader/gunner die every time your turret gets penned anyway.

The E5 is forgiving of bad positioning, but I hate that feeling of being ez penned even when in a perfect place; IMO the 113 is kind of the opposite if you get what I mean.

The E5 is easier to solopub, though.

Reusable rep kits replenish 90s. That's a long time. Also no way. 113 is an ammorack on wheels. The tank explodes, not just goes orange for any reason. I'm pretty sure it happens even when the gunner needs to pass a fart.

As for being penned when in perfect place - same could be said for a ton of other tanks that are good. Using that logic e50 is weak because turret face.

5 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Reusable rep kits replenish 90s. That's a long time. Also no way. 113 is an ammorack on wheels. The tank explodes, not just goes orange for any reason. I'm pretty sure it happens even when the gunner needs to pass a fart.

As for being penned when in perfect place - same could be said for a ton of other tanks that are good. Using that logic e50 is weak because turret face.

The E50 can actually reverse, is effective over very long ranges, and is much faster so you can take positions easily.The E50s turret isn't that big of a problem  because it was never that reliant on the armour to begin with. Comparatively, the E5 has fewer strengths to leverage, which magnifies the effect of a weak turret. 

My logic was never that the E5 has become weak because of the turret weakspot. Its just that the armour has become frustrating and RNG dependent. Coming from a heavy player who's used to using armour to buy time to take potshots, the glaring unreliability of the post-nerf E5 is nothing short of jarring. 

2 hours ago, Sapros said:

fuck the 113

YES!!!

finally I found a common point with you :bigdoge:

btw, 5700 recent omg.. what tanks do you play these days (like top 5) may I ask?

27 minutes ago, lavawing said:

The E50 can actually reverse, is effective over very long ranges, and is much faster so you can take positions easily.The E50s turret isn't that big of a problem  because it was never that reliant on the armour to begin with. Comparatively, the E5 has fewer strengths to leverage, which magnifies the effect of a weak turret. 

My logic was never that the E5 has become weak because of the turret weakspot. Its just that the armour has become frustrating and RNG dependent. Coming from a heavy player who's used to using armour to buy time to take potshots, the glaring unreliability of the post-nerf E5 is nothing short of jarring. 

I am not saying to compare e50 and e5. What I have simply said is given you another example of a tank that if it wants to shoot it will have to expose a weak part of it's armor. 

As for unreliable armor - e100 turret face will get shot if you aim at the enemy, same for Maus, the PZ VII has a mantlet weakspot, 113 has shit lfp and problematic ufp vs high tanks. fv215b overal has a horrible platform and only the gun and hp save it. The only heavies that don't have some kind of a weakness unless fired at with gold are is7 and type5. 

E5 still has good enough gun handling and good enough acceleration to take quick shots therefore limiting exposure. 

2 hours ago, Vindi said:

btw, 5700 recent omg.. what tanks do you play these days (like top 5) may I ask?

Sadly, VK 30.01 (P) for a shitty contest. 

1 hour ago, Sapros said:

Sadly, VK 30.01 (P) for a shitty contest. 

Care to tell the details?

1 hour ago, Sapros said:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/community/6ansixshooter/ 

Haven't played the VK since it ended 2 weeks ago, but on wotlabs stats are still inflated from it.

Nice. I never participate in those since they make me rage too hard (well that and the fact that a 55% scrub would have to be really lucky to win). Great choice for it though.