PityFool

The new meta and the T110E5: Diamond amongst the rocks? Or just simple salt?

814 posts in this topic

Are you guys out of your minds?  If the Maus had not been uber-buffed, the E5 would probably still be the best tier X heavy even after the nerf.  1.83 second aim and 0.32 dispersion without food on a tank that has to be aimed at to pen is still OP.  Its more mobile than all of the heaviums except the 113 - and it better than the 113 in almost every other way.  The cupola only got nerfed to 230, which is unfortunate but a far cry from the 208 they originally showed.  Oh yeah, its HEAT round travels 1067 mps.

Its not IDDQD anymore, but it still shits on almost every other tank it will face.

22 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Are you guys out of your minds?  If the Maus had not been uber-buffed, the E5 would probably still be the best tier X heavy even after the nerf.  1.83 second aim and 0.32 dispersion without food on a tank that has to be aimed at to pen is still OP.  Its more mobile than all of the heaviums except the 113 - and it better than the 113 in almost every other way.  The cupola only got nerfed to 230, which is unfortunate but a far cry from the 208 they originally showed.  Oh yeah, its HEAT round travels 1067 mps.

Its not IDDQD anymore, but it still shits on almost every other tank it will face.

Well, it is a mixed bag. 

Arty is not so devastating as before, but other heavies, with at least some side armor benefited more. Lavawing summed it up just nicely:

On 08. 05. 2017. at 8:49 PM, lavawing said:

Finally, the E5 got the short end of the stick when it came to arty changes. The arty changes essentially mean that base armour thickness and tank size are the only things that matter when you're splashed by a bad bout of cancer. The E5 has terrible side armour ranging between 44 to 76.2 milimetres. Even the 113, which used to be a favourite target, gets 90 milimetres + 30 spaced on top of that. Unlike in superheavies and other things with actual side armour, the E5 is still screwed by arty, and by screwed I mean having chunks of health torn off you from half a map away.

Driving a Maus and taking no dmg direct hits from BC 58 cancer, or 100 hp dmg is so nice. Driving (and firing) a perma-stunned Maus is not that bad - using the medkit when you face the real opposition.

the real problem for E5 is the Type 5 top of the tree. 

I remember 6 months-1 y back I used to kill first (and fear ) O-Hos (rare then) more than most tier X tanks, since it was the only tank that would dmg me for sure (except E3/4, and 183 HE/HESH slingers.

A good O-Ho player could hit you for 300-400 for every shot of yours+module dmg back when kits were precious (and repairing a gun meant leaving ammorack issues later on, when you pushed), and you needed 5 shots to kill him meaning 1000 dmg taken at least.

types can derp you for 600 easy, and I managed one full pen for 1450 in side of an E5 (on a sure loss 4 me, but still), and 7 modules damaged.

They also have a ton of HP, and you need at least 7 shots to kill them, 10 more realistic. they also need to aim way less than you unles you snipe (and giving up the brawl area and win).

E5 is still very strong and consistent and flexible. It is not E5´s fault that they have introduced just broken stupid tanks like type4 and type5 heavies and Maus. E5 Cupola nerf was a good thing, now you can actually pen it with a tier10 gun if you hit it properly.

I am still running double repairs just to mitigate tracking and ammorack issues. Works very well, got twice ammoracked in last game but had no trouble still winning the game and aceing the tank because repair was constantly available.

E5 is still a good tank. If u want to press W and be impenetrable ,  play type 5 or a Maus instead :gachi:

Finally picked this up on Sunday. I like it, but holy fuck, the amount of perfectly aimed shots that are just critical hits, never seen anything like it. Tinfoil hat applied..

Got it as my first tier 10, I like it but ranked is making me wish the cupola was tougher when I get unlucky peeking while hulldown.

43 minutes ago, RC_Tank said:

Still a great tank

mPvliVX.png

How mich for 3MOE? I'm floating around 88% because i lose my shit when JPE100 snaps me in cupola @ 300m.

when i do 5k combined MOE starts to go up, but problen is I can't force my self to play like that for 20-30 games...

11 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

How mich for 3MOE? I'm floating around 88% because i lose my shit when JPE100 snaps me in cupola @ 300m.

when i do 5k combined MOE starts to go up, but problen is I can't force my self to play like that for 20-30 games...

Not sure, but I know the "safe spot" for the MOE was something like 4.2k.

The final session (~20 games) was something like 5k damage + 2.5k assisted, with a 10k combined on Malinovka and ~8k on Kharkov where I got the mark.

I got the marks to ~94% several times before playing like shit and trashing it back to 91%. Played 20 games lastnight and got it to 93%, finished the final 2% tonight. I'd just recommend doing it in small sessions where you're playing at your best.

2 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

I got the marks to ~94% several times before playing like shit and trashing it back to 91%. Played 20 games lastnight and got it to 93%, finished the final 2% tonight. I'd just recommend doing it in small sessions where you're playing at your best.

I know, but I'm not playing on my account so I'm not super composed. 

Thanks on numbers. 

Just bought mine.  About to take it out for its maiden voyage.

(edit)

First battle, 3.5k, 2nd class, Confederate, didn't have to fire a single round of HEAT, we won handily.  So far, so good.  Tank's better than I am, but that's not saying much.  But I am loving the gun handling, I will say.  It's like the Fatton's sturdier cousin.

Tried to mark this thing.

In 4 games I went from 90% to barely 88.

This tank is so out of meta now. Everything autopens the cupola and the drivewheel it's not even funny anymore.

The gun is still nice (because untouched) but the platform is absolute shit.

On 9/13/2017 at 10:34 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

Tried to mark this thing.

In 4 games I went from 90% to barely 88.

This tank is so out of meta now. Everything autopens the cupola and the drivewheel it's not even funny anymore.

The gun is still nice (because untouched) but the platform is absolute shit.

I actually haven't had many issues with my cupola betting penned.  The drivewheel...well, that's not really a weakness specific to this tank.  I don't find it out of meta at all - to me, it's a medium that's been adapted to this meta.  Having said that, you're a way, way better player than I am, but I don't find that this thing is out of the meta at all.  It's FAR less frustrating to me than, say, the IS-4.