Scout_in_da_house

The hidden gem, Obj. 430 II

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who's ze best?

98 posts in this topic

Originally I didn't plan on continuing the 430 line after the 416 but I didn't like the latter that much so I went ahead and bought the tier 9 pancake.

Obligatory pic of tenk (will make new when I get home to my beloved GTX660 oh yes)

2mqru40.jpg

A deeper look into vehicle characteristics;

Gun: OK

Armor: OK

View range: OK

Camo: OK

Mobility: OK

Gund handling: NOT OK

Arty-protection: WHAT PROTECTION?

Seriously though, this tank is one of the underdogs on the battlefield and I just love it. You constantly have to work to use all the strengths (gun, view range) and to mitigate the weaknesses (gun depression, low profile) but when it works, oh boy...

53fcdff29c81a54e94010000.jpg

53fd89a99c81a5324e010000.jpg

5438c1099c81a55e90010000.jpg

Another pro is that you don't have to research the next gun (if you haven't already) as the stock one is obviously superior. You don't need the tracks for any upgrade/equipment either and the engine barely makes a difference (in HP).

Something else that surprised me (and that you don't have as often with the 416), is the amount of bounces you can pull off with that armor. The values (hull) are the same as the T-54, but it's obviously angled quite a bit better. Try to keep some distance to your enemy to prevent them shooting down on the top of your tank.

Turret armor values are superior to the T-54. I haven't checked with tank inspector yet but it would surprise me if the effective armor was less.

When you see that E100 turning his turret.

fp0d39.png

After non-damaging impact

333xszq.gif

What else is there to like...

Sidescraping actually works. Despite the low armor you can still work with your sides if you peek quickly (which you can thanks to that rear-mounted turret). People tend to shoot tracks...

Surely I've forgotten some things...

What's your experience?

mjok5e.jpg

Edit: didn't know Garbad already did a review (http://wotlabs.net/articles/object-430-ii-review/)

I watched a platoon mate in his Obj. 430 II face-hug an AMX 50 120 to death this past weekend.  The 50 120 unloaded a full clip into him, bounced every shot.  I can't wait to get mine!

pls tell me no, you dont get dose stats playing with this resolution!

I tell you what, they've been going down since I play with this resolution and without mods.

Been soloing around 60% with 2.8k dpg in this so far, even with the teams from last weekend o_o

Btw, I planned to add some replays but for some reason wotreplays.org doesn't work properly? Everytime I press 'upload a replay' I have to log in again...

Added

Gem? More like 36 tons of rare earth metals! 

Love ram/facehug combo. My E50 is jelly of how effective this thing is when it comes to bouncing. Also, either nobody can hit that lower plate or they autoaim and expect to pen my Stalinium dome.

My favorite thing is reversing up the slope of peek-a-boo corner on Westfield and deploy forcefields.

I made sure to elite my 416 before I sold it (even though I knew I was buying the T-54 next from the start) so I'll have to give this thing a try after I elite my T-54.

Just had an awesome tier X game in this gem. Blocked 3k DMG (and god knows how much went into my tracks) while facing a tier X uni toon. This tank works flawlessly as an armored beast, even though its not advertised as one. Unlike the E50, here you can yolo and survive to tell about it.

Just had an awesome tier X game in this gem. Blocked 3k DMG (and god knows how much went into my tracks) while facing a tier X uni toon. This tank works flawlessly as an armored beast, even though its not advertised as one. Unlike the E50, here you can yolo and survive to tell about it.

Mostly because of traverse and profile I guess.

Somehow got it into a t7 game this morning and noticed that it's lower than the german jagdpanther :D

Resurrecting dead thread because I need to splerg. Challenge me, I fucking dare you.

original.gif

Alright then.

This tank is literally everything I wanted the 416 to be and more. The armor is hilarious at long-medium distance, but holds up very well in short distances as well. The gun has lackluster pen but is manageable and the not-shit gun handling makes it relatively easy to pen most shots. A good HEAT shell just adds to the package.

The little shit will go 50 on a field and then laugh at the people who shoot at it. Any people who have a 416 but not this glorious monster have issues, and need to fix them.

Oh neat this thread is a thing. I got this a couple weeks ago, and good god this is the best tank I have played in a very long time.

(Nabbing scouts format for my own opinions)

Gun: Same as T-54, so what low AP pen? Heat is a fine ammo type to liberally use.

Armor: AMAZING. Shit will bounce off of this for days. The turret is tiny so cheek pens are rare, and the weak spots are all quite small. The UFP is at a crazy angle, so unless up above you is shooting at it, all standard shells should bounce (except T10 TDs because fuck you) This tank is super duper effective at long ranges, and its low enough in CQC that a lot of tanks simply don't have the gun dep to hit your tank at all. Sidescraping is very effective, provided you keep aware of the angle you are backing out at. (The camera mechanics from not having a full turret causes some issues).

View range: Pretty much the same as any of the other RU meds, excellent with optics.

Camo: Very strong. 2nd best on the move, top 6 for stationary/firing.

Mobility: This tank is properly fast. Good hp/ton (~16), average top speed (55), and good traverse (48).

This is steadily becoming my best tank (70% wr, 2960 dpg). It can scout, it can snipe, it can brawl. Since the nerf of the T-54, I honestly cannot see why anyone would actively play it over this besides grinding out the 62a/140.

also if you are in third person mode while scraping a tank it's so low that you don't need to worry about shooting over a tank so you don't need to go to 1st person view.  3rd person will pull the shot high enough that you shouldn't run into problems shooting under a tank either.

I love this thing as well. I might be a bit too aggressive with it. Can't resist looking for any opportunity to snuggle up on the side of an enemy. Then laugh as they struggle for depression or bounce off my turret all day.

I love mine too. Around a 60% W/R after 100 games and it was my first T9.

This whole line was amazing. After playing the british meds to T8 as my first line so coming to this line was amazing. Loved every damn tank.

The 430v2 seems to have to have the playstyle ppl wanted out of the A-44(Still love it too tho, yeah I know I'm weird).

Things that are amazing about this tank: Camo, Armour, Speed, Dpm is pretty awesome once upgraded but kind of brutal stock. Otherwise great stock grind because the stock gun is better anyway. Can be effective for finishing off small tanks with rams when needed. 

if you can hide your LFP and/or sidecrape properly you are basically a heavy. 

I saw someone claim this to be better than the T-54, but I just brushed it off as nonsense. This thread continues on that though, which surprises me.

I apparently need to get it.

I watched a platoon mate in his Obj. 430 II face-hug an AMX 50 120 to death this past weekend.  The 50 120 unloaded a full clip into him, bounced every shot.  I can't wait to get mine!

0/10 would strongly recomend against

50-120s to this things face rarely ends well and if the 120 isnt a pancake he may pen his entire mag at point blank range     

but this thing is pretty beastly... if you can survive the credit hemorrhage

and for some strange reason sacred valley has become my new favorite map

http://wotreplays.com/site/1487982#sacred_valley-zapyoug-object_430_version_iialso an excellent example of me trying to throw a game

Literally every game Ive had on that map with the 430 2 has been over 5k dmg

Sure is, although the rear turret and lack of gun depression are annoying enough that I'd usually rather be in a T-54. The rear turret does allow for some pretty silly terrain abuse in the right situations, but more often than not it just gets in the way.

With that said, this thing is crazy sturdy. Very small, respectable hull armor, very tough (yet tiny!) turret. Does everything either acceptably or very well and only pays for it with an uncomfortable turret setup.

Sure is, although the rear turret and lack of gun depression are annoying enough that I'd usually rather be in a T-54. The rear turret does allow for some pretty silly terrain abuse in the right situations, but more often than not it just gets in the way.

With that said, this thing is crazy sturdy. Very small, respectable hull armor, very tough (yet tiny!) turret. Does everything either acceptably or very well and only pays for it with an uncomfortable turret setup.

I love rear mounted turrets, so nice for sidescraping and fancy moves.

Ya I still haven't gone up this line. I got the T-54 and absolutely ADORE it. The armor is troll, the gun is good, pen is lacking but HEAT fixes that. The speed is nice. But I really want the 430 II as a change of scenery... The T-54 gets old after you play 200 games in it non stop to get the 140 and 62A. The bad thing is; I have to start at tier 3 to get all the way up there. I also heard the A-43, A-44 and 416 were mediocre at best. Thoughts/and or advice?

Ya I still haven't gone up this line. I got the T-54 and absolutely ADORE it. The armor is troll, the gun is good, pen is lacking but HEAT fixes that. The speed is nice. But I really want the 430 II as a change of scenery... The T-54 gets old after you play 200 games in it non stop to get the 140 and 62A. The bad thing is; I have to start at tier 3 to get all the way up there. I also heard the A-43, A-44 and 416 were mediocre at best. Thoughts/and or advice?

Don't know where you heard that. A-43 is fine or good, A-44 is widely panned, and 416 gets rave reviews. Personally I didn't find the A-44 bad although the gun handling is .. sub-optimal

Don't know where you heard that. A-43 is fine or good, A-44 is widely panned, and 416 gets rave reviews. Personally I didn't find the A-44 bad although the gun handling is .. sub-optimal

Okay thanks. Ill have to go down it. Im going down the E 50 line atm, still at Vk 3002 M. So I may wait a few months, but I'll give the a-43 and 44 a try.