Scout_in_da_house

The hidden gem, Obj. 430 II

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who's ze best?

100 posts in this topic

Okay thanks. Ill have to go down it. Im going down the E 50 line atm, still at Vk 3002 M. So I may wait a few months, but I'll give the a-43 and 44 a try.

Didnt like the A43 or 44, but I was green/light blue recent then and got ~60% so idk.

416=god, although its strengths emphasize a passive playstyle mostly. 

I'm one of those weird people that didn't mind the A-44 either. Might be horrible post acc.-nerf though.

Got the 430v2 now, and man is it good.

The armor on this tank is bloody insane, it bounces everything so well if you hide that tiny lower plate, the turret can even withstand TDs pretty well.

The armor on this tank is bloody insane, it bounces everything so well if you hide that tiny lower plate, the turret can even withstand TDs pretty well.

iirc The turret is comparable to 62A levels of armor. Definitely not the kinda soft T54 turret. 

I seriously hate that turret, despite really liking the tank. 

Was able to go hulldown on the south west side of the 8line in himmlesdorf against 2 E100s. Admittedly they were tomatoes but bounced 3k damage from them lol and managed 1500 in return before they were killed lol. Definitely better than the 54 imo. (50% vs 58%wr)

I just started driving mine. I love the armor on this thing. T9's and some T10's that I could never knife fight before this thing just doesn't care about. I love side hugging tanks to death. ^^ All I have atm is the turret and radio upgrades so I guess it can only really get better. XD

I finally caved and upgraded my 416. Holy shitballs the camo, the speed and the dpm. Nggh tier 8 heaven, if there was one.

416 was good, 430 II is just MOAR. Rear mounted turret can cause some problems but nothing that can't be worked around as with the 416 plus it has armour and not paper. Great tonk.

Just purchased. 20 games 70% WR DPG slightly over 2k (hoping to improve upon once all modules unlocked - just have turret)

Pros

- Absolute troll armor outside of LFP

- Gun gets 180 rotation. I found this to be the 2nd best improvement over the 416 after armor.

- Engine doesn't shit the bed every hit.

- It's a relatively rare tank in pubs, so weak spot knowledge is limited.

- Side Hug of Death is gud fun

Cons

- Despression (duh)

- I find the gun to be derpier than the T-54 at longer range. Haven't played the 54 since the acc nerf though.

- Expensive as sHEAT in BT11.

- Lower-end speed and agility compared to other meds

Tonk is fun as shit if you can handle the credit bleed.

Remind me again why more people don't drive this thing?? (Outside of the lackluster T10).

Remind me again why more people don't drive this thing?? (Outside of the lackluster T10).

It doesn't lead to a pub or CW viable tank, people still think its 2012 and "the T-54 is gud", and most pubs still go up the older RU med line because it is a more standard playstyle of tank (rear turrets are hard to get used to if you haven't played TDs).

It doesn't lead to a pub or CW viable tank, people still think its 2012 and "the T-54 is gud", and most pubs still go up the older RU med line because it is a more standard playstyle of tank (rear turrets are hard to get used to if you haven't played TDs).

At the same time, the comfort of the T-54 does lend itself to a lot of people, myself included. Found peeking ridges etc too difficult in 430 II, but at the same time I didn`t even manage 3k in it, so take this how you will.

Really I just felt more comfortable in a T-54, 430 II is probably more abusable for pubs but I could not for the life of me get used to it. 

You know what the T-54 / 430 II needs?  It needs the second gun to become a valid choice.

• D10T2C is the standard / Best Choice because of the 2.3 Aim, 0.35 accuracy, and better ROF but it suffers from the underwhelming 201mm pen Round so people lean on gold heavily to compensate for this.  Hence why it leads to so much butt hurt from players over gold spammers
  • D54 Gun on the other hand has 2.9 Aim time (Very Bad for a med), 0.39 Accuracy (Bad at tier 8), but it does have a very good 219mm of pen standard AP Round with Heat gold Ammo being the same on both guns

The Solution to all this butt hurt?  

• Change the stats of the 2nd gun (D54) to 2.3 Aim time, 0.35 Accuracy, same ROF, but the Gold round becomes a 264mm pen APCR round same as on the tier 10 (Much like what the E50 does).

People can then choose which gun goes best according to their play style and you have viable "Fun" Choices rather than 1 must have BEST gun and the rest rubbish, xp waste / dump.

The 2nd gun is a valid choice if you don't want to use the heat-machine of the D10. Admittedly using base pen as a balance factor isn't that great, but what else to expect from WG. And a gun similar to the E-50 on the v2 might make it the best tank in tier, and we can't have that.

The 2nd gun is a valid choice if you don't want to use the heat-machine of the D10. Admittedly using base pen as a balance factor isn't that great, but what else to expect from WG. And a gun similar to the E-50 on the v2 might make it the best tank in tier, and we can't have that.

I would consider the 2nd gun to be a very difficult one to use due to the very poor Aim time and Accuracy.  

Does anybody around here use it?  Anyone care to report on their results?  I would be interested to see if anyone actually considers it a viable option after all?

I would consider the 2nd gun to be a very difficult one to use due to the very poor Aim time and Accuracy.  

Does anybody around here use it?  Anyone care to report on their results?  I would be interested to see if anyone actually considers it a viable option after all?

I used the 2nd gun for a while and managed ~3200 dpg with it. Didn't realize you were "supposed" to use the one from the 416. 

Got 2900~ with it, switched and got ~3.2k before tanking my stats to like 2800 66% : / 

I notice in both above examples you both switched to the "Correct" Gun after a while. Hence my point. I don't see anyone singing the virtues of it and using it as the primary gun.

Because the only virtues it has is in an ok boost in standard pen. 201 vs 219 wont make shit difference against a lot of the tanks you face though,  (E-75, Tiger II hulls, E-100, maus, IS-7/4, T95, E3/4, etc etc etc.) whereas better gun handling will improve every single shot you take, regardless of who you are shooting at. The benefits (read multiple) of the D10 far outweigh the drawback (read single).