Scout_in_da_house

The hidden gem, Obj. 430 II

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who's ze best?

100 posts in this topic

General tips for playing this thing? I have it in my garage (crewless as I continue to enjoy the 416) and I'm unsure how much the playstyle differs from the more passive Obj. 416 style.

My guess:

Early game: CHAIsnipe/save hp

Mid-game: Push where needed, bully inferior capitalist tenks

Late-game: Bully more

46 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

General tips for playing this thing? I have it in my garage (crewless as I continue to enjoy the 416) and I'm unsure how much the playstyle differs from the more passive Obj. 416 style.

My guess:

I tend to play it like:

Early game: rush into heavy corridors and secure hulldown spot. Dab 2 key and start smacking heavies with HEAT.

Mid game: sidescrape to save your HP. Keep spamming HEAT.

Late game: if still alive facehug isolated tanks while penetrating their strongest parts HEAT.

Do you see a theme here? Keep your enemies within 200m and spam HEAT liberally. There are probably ways to make more out of this tank since its just a handicapped T-54 with a stronger UFP and tougher turret, but playing as a heavy is probably the most consistent way to minimise your flaws and capitalise on your strengths

5 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

My guess:

If im not dead with 4k dmg in the first 2-2.5 minutes I'v played it wrong.

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Oh boi. 430v2 or 430? 

I wrote in the wrong topic, but 430. Actually, I'm about finish the grind of the 416 and 3 marking it, will powergrind the 420 2, and 430 will be my last russian med. I loved that tank on CT, so if you have some time, I could very much use a little more detailed recommendation of use :^)

1 hour ago, Vindi said:

I wrote in the wrong topic, but 430. Actually, I'm about finish the grind of the 416 and 3 marking it, will powergrind the 420 2, and 430 will be my last russian med. I loved that tank on CT, so if you have some time, I could very much use a little more detailed recommendation of use :^)

Ill get to that tomorrow. I've never written a guide before so let's see how hard i can fail 

17 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Ill get to that tomorrow. I've never written a guide before so let's see how hard i can fail 

430 2 is much more interesting than 430 IMO, would make a better subject unlike Soviet hovermed clone #4

7 hours ago, lavawing said:

430 2 is much more interesting than 430 IMO, would make a better subject unlike Soviet hovermed clone #4

Yeah, but still. It has been requested of me

On 12/04/2017 at 8:45 PM, SchnitzelTruck said:

Yeah, but still. It has been requested of me

How are we doing on this article @SchnitzelTruck ? Been looking after it on this tank ! :bigdoge:

2 hours ago, DHP said:

How are we doing on this article @SchnitzelTruck ? Been looking after it on this tank ! :bigdoge:

Eh, tbh it probably wont happen. Not feeling up to it 

Did you see that the 430 II turret was changed during the HD model ? Seem's stronger to me. They have completely change the position of the weakpoints.

Also the HD model looks dank now ! 

Against 330 HEAT:

zH28011.png

yIzJIRO.png

48 minutes ago, DHP said:

Did you see that the 430 II turret was changed during the HD model ? Seem's stronger to me. They have completely change the position of the weakpoints.

Also the HD model looks dank now ! 

Against 330 HEAT:

zH28011.png

yIzJIRO.png

The cupolas are indeed stronger (and bigger), but larger chunks of the cheeks became 260mm where they used to be 280 or above. The UFP also lost one degree of angle which could mean being penned by IS-3's occasionally now. OTOH the weird drive wheel hitbox got shaved off, which means more consistent armour.

Overall, the difference will be negligible. At least it looks much better now.

Today I facehugged a V4 and lived.
Tomorrow I am going to get penned by T29s in the turret face.

#lyfe #WG #consistent #lines

Currently on CT, WG went back on the idea of making both guns viable. Now there isn't a reason to use anything but the 54U.  It is the CT so nothing but gold rounds all the time so it's hard to tell about the armor but the troll bounces were gone. 

On 6/2/2018 at 2:14 AM, lavawing said:

Today I facehugged a V4 and lived.
Tomorrow I am going to get penned by T29s in the turret face.

#lyfe #WG #consistent #lines

And people still saying those are good changes, only if they actually OWN the thing

37 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

And people still saying those are good changes, only if they actually OWN the thing

I'd play the tank if it got like .28 accuracy without food and something like 1400 shell velocity with AP. As it is, NO.

Yeh it's crap now. 

It's lost the armour which made the turret position almost like an actual advantage because of the side scrape ability.

Now you have armour that most tier 8s will punch through, you are hoping for auto-bounces on the turret and you still have the -4 gun depression and rear turret.

A bit more DPM, pen and shell velocity does not compensate for it.

It's just an awkward tank to play now, whilst being no better than other meds in pen, DPM, gun handling, mobility etc. 

Just play an AMX 30, can basically do everything the 430 v2 can do but better, and the Patton/E50 is pretty much better in every way aside like pen. 

Time for someone to change the "gem" part of the thread name to turd?

430v2 was my favorite t9, now I can't stand playing it.

I bought it back to finish the mark grind (90ish %) and to get the k91..

Oh boy it feels awkward now.

The top gun is really nice, 246 pen with good accuracy, aim time and dispersion..

The armour though.. I thought I could sidehug tanks and be totally fine (just like it was pre "buff") but nope, I have to hide from tier 8s as well now..

Any tip on pushing the last 5%?

Currently i'm running it with rammer, optics and vstab.

Bia, repairs, firefighting, camo and sit awareness..

Running food in place of a fire extinguisher.