OmarTheBear

Type 64: Still worth it?

123 posts in this topic

I saw the Type 64 is on sale this weekend and I really want it. it is a combination of me starting that line and I am looking for something to fill the void when my beautiful Chaffee is gone. So, I am wondering if you all think the Type 64 will still be competitive when the new lights come out next patch.

YES. GET IT.

It will always be a powerful flanker and interceptor, in any tier.

I think it will be just as good as it is now. Sure the old chaffee will be gone, but the new T37 US tier 6 light will be just as amazing, you can follow that discussion here; 

So I dont think you need it if you just do it to fill up the gap, but if you want another experience (like driving 72!), then get it!

And i just got my Mastery in my Chaffee, highlighting the need for a similar tank when the Chaffee is neutered

its OP

pls get

Its awesome

I personally use mine mostly in strongholds, i profit 30-40k/match with it. Amazingly fun!

a better T21

The t21 isn't that fun because it isn't that fast. The 64 is fast.

Isn't it basically a T21? I thought that everyone hated the T21...

The t21 is garbage because it's slow and huge for a light tank. The Type64 is a lot faster and more agile, especially if you use the cheap fuel which I would recommend since, similar to the Hellcat, you don't really need a fire extinguisher with the Type64

I think its like a chaffee with shittier gun handling, would recommend still

I use the removed speed governor for economy.

You don't feel that big a difference, and it provides a better boost for when you need it: evasive, circling, etc...

In short, its WEP (War Emergency Power).

IMO the Type 64 is the best tier 6 light at the moment.  Haven't played the tier 6 AMX 12T, though I can't imagine it being much better than this.  The Type 64 is like someone took a T21 and made it go fast.

Type 64 is a great tank to just have fun in. Easily my favourite non-tier 8 scout. Mobile, fast and good camouflage.

Does require some APCR at times, but that is fine as you still make money if you penetrate the majority of the shots.

Was thinking about buying it too.  But I read on FTR we might be getting a mission next month that would give us a Type 62, so if I do that mission I'd be stuck with 2 Chinese Premium light tanks instead of just one, and that seems a bit overkill considering I'm OCD and force myself to do the daily doubles in every tank in my garage every day.

If you manage to get the 62... do so.

However, the 64 is a great little plaything and is superior in T6 SHs.

Best spent 15 yuros so far in this game.

Aunt edit wants you to know that the crew on the 64 is composed of 5(!) crew members, opposed to 4 on the rest of the light and medium line. Cant tell for the heavy line, as I dont own them. So in general, you will have one crew member surplus, which might give you problems with your crew skills. Still, this does not have an impact on the fun the vehicle is :D

Bought it, played 5 games in it, and I'm hooked on it.  The gun lacks pen but I kinda like it that way.  Makes me feel kinda like I'm going back to my roots in WoT where I have to aim carefully and think about my shots.  The low ammo capacity also helps me make the most of each shot too since I can't afford to just spam a target with lots of shots hoping they pen.  This thing makes great credits too for only being a tier 6.  98 credits per shell and only 2.6k credit repair cost?  Freaking fantastic little tank.

I got it. You all were right, I love it. In my first game, which was on Himmelsdorf, I got 2k damage!

Nice! Glad you like it. I finally managed to ace it, and got my first MoE on it :3

Does anyone know what the credit multiplier is for this tank?  As Luna suggested, I'm seriously thinking about getting it for T6 strongholds.

Does anyone know what the credit multiplier is for this tank? As Luna suggested, I'm seriously thinking about getting it for T6 strongholds.

It makes about 35% more net credits over a T37 or A43 in tier 6 SH.

If you didnt get the Bromwell when it was on sale, the Type 64 is an excellent credit grinder for tier 6 strongholds

Type 64 is still the best tank for fastboiz.  Cromwell is almost as good but the gun handling is just too awful.

T21 is pretty much on par with the Type since it got buffed.  Only advantage for the Type is a better top speed.  T21 has better gun handling with a VStab.  All in all they are very slightly different flavors of the same tank.