OmarTheBear

Type 64: Still worth it?

105 posts in this topic

Alright, i decided to take it out for a spin...

Highway, south spawn.. after 2 minutes of absolutely nothing an enemy 13 90 sneaks in our base, unloading his clip into our arty and our afk sturer emil.. as soon as he started reloading he felt a little chinese paper tank chewing his HP away :trollface: after that i tried to farm more HP from the remaining HTs but a t10 managed to snipe me from god knows where :feelsbad:

here's the result..

Spoiler

AQe07b2.jpg

HEe9hqL.jpg

ymfIqdx.jpg

GNLO2kJ.jpg

I am shitter so I must post it somewhere :disco: This tank is my first 3 moe tank ever :D I am proud of myself. Yeah, this tank really prints wn8.

shot_104.jpg

Don't have it, but apparently this can mount Vstab after the scout update, worth picking up?

(Since this anniversary weekend I believe this is 30% off)

1 hour ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Don't have it, but apparently this can mount Vstab after the scout update, worth picking up?

It also gets 6-8 matchmaking after the patch instead of 7-9, with no real nerfs like some of the other mid-tier lights will get. The vstab can only help, especially since it likely has an open equipment spot anyway (no vents). Vstab/rammer/optics?

It's a fun tank.  Staple of stronks.  Weak pen on the AP round.  Weak even for T6-8.  

7 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

It's essential to SH6 and money grind. 

After the next patch, it will see tier 4s . . . . basically it will be the even sexier love child of a T37 and a Hellcat.

Posted (edited)

Post-9.18 this thing is absolutely brutal

EAAAAAAASYYY_MONAAAAAAAYYY.jpg

it_prints_money.jpg

Edited by ganja_warrior
added image

7 hours ago, ganja_warrior said:

Post-9.18 this thing is absolutely brutal

Can't wait EU update, also i'll grab Type62 as soon they push it to store (again) since i liked 131 very much. 

Title of this thread should be "Type 64 Still at tier 6 ? No way :jebaited:"

4 hours ago, DHP said:

Title of this thread should be "Type 64 Still at tier 6 ? No way :jebaited:"

It's hilarious. I was complete garbage when I got the tank. I broke 800 battles in it yesterday, and I plan to 3-mark it today. Gonna be running the General Tso Chicken and everything.

Ran it once yesterday to try it out. Top tier. Team full of retards, so just me and a Wolverine after only a few minutes against most of the enemy team. I killed seven, three after the Wolverine died, and would have killed the last three if I hadn't target fixated and so didn't notice a second enemy tank had joined the first on cap. I was just seconds away from resetting. 

TL:DR: it's a beast. 

I'm torn between using this and the type62. Remember having some really idiotic view range on this with food basically negating all camo. Hacks will be had.

I've really enjoyed the few battles I've done in this tank. Pretty much easy mode. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, hazzgar said:

I'm torn between using this and the type62. Remember having some really idiotic view range on this with food basically negating all camo. Hacks will be had.

I have 485 vr

1 minute ago, cavman276 said:

I have 485 vr

When grinding for marks I used binocs + optics. Don't know how much with optics but acording to the game binocs gave me 560. 

1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

When grinding for marks I used binocs + optics. Don't know how much with optics but acording to the game binocs gave me 560. 

Yeah I run vert/rammer/optics and food with a 5 perk girl crew.  2k and 3k games are ezpz since the patch, not sure how WG could let this go.

18 minutes ago, cavman276 said:

Yeah I run vert/rammer/optics and food with a 5 perk girl crew.  2k and 3k games are ezpz since the patch, not sure how WG could let this go.

Can't wait for it to hit EU. I want to "hak" people more

This is now the best T6 LT right?

Yes. But 59-16 is good too. Nice buffs for it. Kind of a twofer, one crew for both. 

21 hours ago, Griphos said:

Yes. But 59-16 is good too. Nice buffs for it. Kind of a twofer, one crew for both. 

The type is literally better in every way except for engine power. 

Did I say the 59 was better?  No.  I said it was good too. It's probably the second best T6 light, with a very nice buff to pen. So, even if you don't want other Chinese lights, it's worth having the 59 because one crew works for both. And being top tier in a T6 light is easy carry mode now  

And engine power is not the only advantage of the 59. The Type is sluggish for a light, particularly its turret traverse. The Type doesn't circle strafe nearly as effectively for that reason alone, and it's tank traverse is more sluggish as well. Also the Type has fairly bad camo values for a light, whereas the 59's camo is very good indeed. 

So...no, not "literally" better in many ways, unless you make the common mistake of misusing the word "literally" to mean "really," and even then you're wrong.

The tanks play differently. One is not a straight up replacement/improvement on the other. 

But, as usual, you spout off inaccurate opinions based on your perusal of tanks.gg rather than much if any experience playing, and then don't even get that right. 

On 28.04.2017 at 4:24 PM, Griphos said:

Did I say the 59 was better?  No.  I said it was good too. It's probably the second best T6 light, with a very nice buff to pen. So, even if you don't want other Chinese lights, it's worth having the 59 because one crew works for both. And being top tier in a T6 light is easy carry mode now  

And engine power is not the only advantage of the 59. The Type is sluggish for a light, particularly its turret traverse. The Type doesn't circle strafe nearly as effectively for that reason alone, and it's tank traverse is more sluggish as well. Also the Type has fairly bad camo values for a light, whereas the 59's camo is very good indeed. 

So...no, not "literally" better in many ways, unless you make the common mistake of misusing the word "literally" to mean "really," and even then you're wrong.

The tanks play differently. One is not a straight up replacement/improvement on the other. 

But, as usual, you spout off inaccurate opinions based on your perusal of tanks.gg rather than much if any experience playing, and then don't even get that right. 

Aaah the digs come back. 

Yeah the type has sluggish acceleration but it has 12kph better top speed so it can flex much better on the battlefield and I meant literally I just didn't mention turret traverse because it's not a super important factor. Ass for Camo I agree I didn't look at it because tanks gg doesn't list it but then again the difference is smaller than you think it's 17.3 vs 15.2. The thing is overal type64 is better at dealing dmg + it has better vr. Not saying the 59-16 is bad but even considering I forgot those 2 factors it is still better both at spotting and at dealing dmg in most situations (circle strafing is not the primary mode of dealing damage, even on lights). Plus it's a prem so you can run food without loosing money.

As for t6 lights being top trier being easy - kinda. Depends on the map and enemy team comp. If you get your light + 2td's vs 3x heavy your team will roll over faster than you can drag them up. Don't get me wrong lights are fun to play and they feel super powerful in many situations but in most cases I still find some t6 meds more reliable in influencing games.

Also look up t37. Despite ppl complaining about it it is still better in most ways than the 59-16. The only area it sucks is shit final dispersion but since it' t6 it's workable. 

10 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

[snip] Poor attempt to buttress bad argument, including mistakes about practical difference in camo value as usually equipped and ignorance about actual speed of tanks on the battlefield rather than listed top speed in stats pages[snip]

Also look up t37. Despite ppl complaining about it it is still better in most ways than the 59-16. The only area it sucks is shit final dispersion but since it' t6 it's workable. 

I don't have to "look it up."  I play it.  And it is in no way better than the 59-16 on the battlefield.  The big advantage the 59-16 has is almost best in tier (<---that's how you spell tier) pen.  At 138 avg, it's better than all lights but the AMX, and better than some mediums (and not far behind the others).