OmarTheBear

Type 64: Still worth it?

122 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I don't have to "look it up."  I play it.  And it is in no way better than the 59-16 on the battlefield.  The big advantage the 59-16 has is almost best in tier (<---that's how you spell tier) pen.  At 138 avg, it's better than all lights but the AMX, and better than some mediums (and not far behind the others).  

Mate chill out. I suggested that because previously you claimed several times something that is not true acording to in game api data. I agree 138 pen is good and I agree 59-16 is a good tank now. Still standard pen on the US light isn't the problem. The problem is 20mm less on sprem. 160 vs 180 is more noticeable than 126 vs 138 on a highly mobile tank.

Been playing this a bit tonight.

Since the MM changes....

GODDAMN, SON!!!!!!

I've exchanged SU-100Y for it... definitely a pleasure with a new MM. Overall I don't like LT and I don't know how to play them either, but with this one, well :D

Bez tytułu.png

The Type 64 is stupid good now!! If a shitter like me can get purple in it so can you!

Good lord this is OP now in the new MM.  2400 recent in it

10 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Good lord this is OP now in the new MM.  2400 recent in it

DMG or WN8. First one is excellent, second not so much. 

Both to be honest.  Consistently doing around that in combined dmg and spotting and it roughly translates to printing WN8.  What's more important though, I have actually been having fun playing WoT for the first time in ages...

Mmmmhm, was wondering if that much damage is really only 2.4k WN8, and no, it's not really. Kind a doubt you have 1.7K average assist also :) 

Type 64 China LT 6 46 50% 718 5.98 2.09 0.87 70% 710 32655 3rd Class 2460

Now it can mount vstab, and gets normal tier 6 mm. If you can play with paper tanks, then it is excellent. It clearly earns less than a tier 8, but is much more fun. Let me also show off my e-peen, because that is important.

0pAlROy.png

I have only two problems with it:

1. low hp
  2. low ammo capacity (I often had to fire APCR because I was out of AP)

1.2k dpg should be no problem, if someone competent plays it.

I checked DPGwhores and some people have around 1,7k recent DMG in it. I have 1,3k @ 75% WR in last 30 days. It's stupidly broken, better than lots of T7 LT's bar HP and a little pen I guess.

My biggest issue is actually AP velocity not pen, 792m/s is really slow. 

1 hour ago, Marty said:

I checked DPGwhores and some people have around 1,7k recent DMG in it. I have 1,3k @ 75% WR in last 30 days. It's stupidly broken, better than lots of T7 LT's bar HP and a little pen I guess.

My biggest issue is actually AP velocity not pen, 792m/s is really slow. 

Then I wasn't far of with the dpg. I don't know, the AP velocity for that tier doesn't felt too bad to me, but I guess that is somewhat the matter of personal preference. 

8 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

Then I wasn't far of with the dpg. I don't know, the AP velocity for that tier doesn't felt too bad to me, but I guess that is somewhat the matter of personal preference. 

It's just, tank is fast, very nice depression, good handling and quick reload - I find myself poking hills or corners (obv not against heavies) a lot, all being quick pokes because no armor and in those scenarios you don't really have time to adjust for huge lead. Plus lots of engagements are mid-long range so the velocity is kinda important.

On 15/07/2017 at 2:08 PM, HS5 said:

Mmmmhm, was wondering if that much damage is really only 2.4k WN8, and no, it's not really. Kind a doubt you have 1.7K average assist also :) 

Type 64 China LT 6 46 50% 718 5.98 2.09 0.87 70% 710 32655 3rd Class 2460

Over the course of the 10 games previous not over the course of all the games in it

Well 10 games is hardly "consistently" is it? And I still highly doubt you are making 1.7k average assistant, because that would be needed for 2.4K combined damage to result only 2.4K WN8.

Got a hard on for this don't you?

W/E dude.

Well you made a claim that sounded very strange, I checked it and it was wrong indeed. I guess you didn't really get my point. I have no interest in your performance, but you claimed that 2.4k combined translates to roughly 2.4k WN8, which clearly is very far from true. That would be closer to something like 8K WN8 I guess if distributed between damage and assistant normally. I'm afraid you do get called out for making stupid claims here :)

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Got a hard on for this don't you?

W/E dude.

Welcome to wotlabs. Don't lie about your stats/performance. We check that shit.

I wasnt lying I won 10/11 games in it and did some good numbers, I was just quoting stuff from memory rather than having the hard figures to hand. Apologies if my memory is faulty, it comes with age....

15 hours ago, canadiantrex said:

Welcome to wotlabs. Don't lie about your stats/performance. We check that shit.

Always :doge:

On 7/16/2017 at 1:54 PM, TAdoo87 said:

Now it can mount vstab, and gets normal tier 6 mm. If you can play with paper tanks, then it is excellent. It clearly earns less than a tier 8, but is much more fun. Let me also show off my e-peen, because that is important.

0pAlROy.png

I have only two problems with it:

1. low hp
  2. low ammo capacity (I often had to fire APCR because I was out of AP)

1.2k dpg should be no problem, if someone competent plays it.

2. Is more annoying that 1. because it’s already OP. 

My ghetto crew misses lots of shots so i end up with APCR spam. 10-15 more would be great.

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

2. Is more annoying that 1. because it’s already OP. 

If I ever re-install the game then I will club the hell out of the low tiers with this tank.

1 hour ago, TAdoo87 said:

If I ever re-install the game then I will club the hell out of the low tiers with this tank.

VR is so addictive, poor fucks don't know what hit them. Still waiting my account with proper crew and money to don't give a fuck to seal club. Really entertaining LT.