OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

154 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

194 posts in this topic

So, this thread will hopefully become the official Object 416 fan club thread.

Do you love the O416? Tell us about it!

I'll start off:

My name is OOPMan and I'm a hopeless O416 devotee. I think the 416 is the next coming of RNGesus and should be worshiped as such.

Didn't like it as much as the A-44/43 and the 430 vII.

I'm also pretty sure there's already a topic for this one, title had something to do with TD's

Grinding this tank atm. Not even top gun yet and 70% wr over 53 battles. Not sure if luck or luck but i like it so far :)

The DPM on it is "only" 2400, but that still blows all other tier 8 mediums out of the water.  320 alpha feels truly epic when all its counterparts are only doing 230-250, and don't even get me started on the fact that it gets those dirty 330 pen HEAT rounds.  This tank will put the fear into even tier 10 heavies.  I enjoyed the long grind to getting it elite, and I don't regret any of it.

It's a T54 gun with almost equal DPM at T8 on a chassis better suited to my play style. It's bonkers good. The armor isn't much to write home about but you can get some hilarious troll bounces off the UFP and turret. That's if the enemy can ever see you. And assuming that they can ever hit you if they see you because you can pop in and out of cover like lightning with that superb gun handling and rear turret. Poke, bang, back in before the shot comes. SO GOOD. It also brawls hilariously well because it's so flat. Drive round the back of a heavy with poor gun depression (E75, Maus, hundo) and he can't actually hit you.

Definitely a keeper tonk for me.

Its good, was kinda fun to play, BUT its only real strength is camo sniping, the akward turret + none-exists armor make it in many situations ``not that good``

All in all in like my T44 much more :P

Sit in a bush 300m away from enemy tanks and you will rake in obscene amounts of damage.

Get within 200m from another tank and be destroyed helplessly and mercilessly.

Meh, it's alright.

There is one map where i really dont know what to do with this tank tho. Anyone got advice or maybe replays for mines? you dont have enough gun depression to go hill and other positions seem useless

There is one map where i really dont know what to do with this tank tho. Anyone got advice or maybe replays for mines? you dont have enough gun depression to go hill and other positions seem useless

I usually set myself up to take a shot at the enemy mediums going hill. After that camo sniping from the island.

I'm hungry for pancakes...Thanks thread.

On the more serious note....This tank is amazing in the right hands but I feel like the average pubby does poorly in it.  

Please don't Nerf the ultimate design in soviet tanking.  

voted terrible because im a baddie 4 lyfe

just bought this tonk and yes, i quite like the dpm it puts out.

i started with v-stab + rammer + binocs but switched binocs into vents after maybe 20 battles and have not regretted making this choice

my cru is awesome enough to spot even without optics/binocs and now the gun is even better, if only by a little bit

The Object 416 is THE MOST DANGEROUS tier 8 on the battlefield.

In good hands it will simply collapse a front, I've seen it too many times.

It is effectively a full upgrade of the ELC AMX, it is no longer the Commando's tank, it is fucking Rambo's tank.

An active and competent Obj416 should always be among the top Priority Targets, if allowed to live, it will eat you, and your team, alive.

Except the 416 is just too dependent on terrain and vision games to be effective. It's an excellent tank to pubstomp in, but it's simply not versatile enough to become a staple in 7/42 unlike the Pershing (or T69).

I just started playing it a few days ago and it's really fun. The lack of depression is depressing, but other than that it's great.

I think it will get worse once more players realise how dangerous it is and you may get targeted more.

What do you guys even run on this tank?

Standard medium setup of Vstab/Rammer/Optics, small repair and med kits, gold extinguisher (would run food, but way too poor to sustain it), camo paint.

For my crew skills: 6th/camo/camo/camo > BiA (all) > camo/snapshot/smooth ride/safe stowage

I have swapped the optics for binocular telescope because of how bad the view range is compared to other mediums. I only really need to spot things for myself when I am sitting and spotting late game and here binoculars are better. Mostly I try to shoot at what other people spot, as this keeps me hidden.

So in other words: when I need to spot, I want to SPOT things, and therefore binocs are better for my playstyle. Although for CW I've swapped the binocs for vents as the role my 416 has is different to what I do in randoms. :)

This is the most wonderfully broken tank in the game. If you're not too much of a scrub to deal with the depression and rear turret, it's absurdly OP. Even playing stupidly aggressive this thing works wonders as long as you have a building/rock/tiny hill to hide behind. Supposedly the depression/rear turret/not full turret balance out the mobility/size/gun/camo, but I'm not seeing it. I'll take a tank with some downsides that are easily ignored with a bit of foresight that gains tons of advantages any day!

I'm not even remotely a good tanker and I dominate in this thing. I don't even want to think about what unicums can do in it.