OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

153 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

194 posts in this topic

This is the most wonderfully broken tank in the game. If you're not too much of a scrub to deal with the depression and rear turret, it's absurdly OP. Even playing stupidly aggressive this thing works wonders as long as you have a building/rock/tiny hill to hide behind. Supposedly the depression/rear turret/not full turret balance out the mobility/size/gun/camo, but I'm not seeing it. I'll take a tank with some downsides that are easily ignored with a bit of foresight that gains tons of advantages any day!

I'm not even remotely a good tanker and I dominate in this thing. I don't even want to think about what unicums can do in it.

Garbad and 416 is pretty scary .-.

I am now an avid follower of the Object 416 club. This tank makes me a dark green (above my average), and I've only just started playing it! A keeper for sure.

Seems to combine the best qualities of Tier 8 TD's and mediums in one package.

severogorsk-soviet-union-object-416-4288

3500 damage unscratched carry today. Getrekt pubbies, the serbtrain has no brakes.

EDIT: How on earth does this thing only have 1200 expected damage? Pubbies be bad.

The Object 416 is THE MOST DANGEROUS tier 8 on the battlefield.

In good hands it will simply collapse a front, I've seen it too many times.

It is effectively a full upgrade of the ELC AMX, it is no longer the Commando's tank, it is fucking Rambo's tank.

An active and competent Obj416 should always be among the top Priority Targets, if allowed to live, it will eat you, and your team, alive.

I´ve actually only met this thing eye to eye once on Fjords, mostly because I´ve been playing lower tiers the most and people on EU don´t seem to drive it that much. It literally disintegrated our team into molecules, when I met it, he had 8 kills already and I was the last of 3 alive, just returning to the base to help out killing cap attackers, this bugger skyrocketted from the north slope (west base) I managed to put one ~270dmg shot into its turret bottom with my T-34-1, leaving him with around 400 HP, then he snapshotted me and killed full health T34 heavy tank while keeping it between him and SU-152. That day was probably one of the few I actually felt so good we lost, just because he was too amazing to watch. Clearly this thing makes any other T8 burn in envy.

EDIT: How on earth does this thing only have 1200 expected damage? Pubbies be bad.

For the average player, rear-mounted + minimal gun depression == QQ all the way to the bank.

Can I say (again) how much I love this tank? Ground out my second MOE on it today and just got it. Also managed to complete the medium mission in 14 battles because of the 416. 100% wins helps :P

JDthpVp.png

If people want a replay pack, just let me know.

Here are the unfiltered replays. Just follow the image I posted before as to finding the good games.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/01uh2pmv3a22jub/Object%20416%20replays.rar?dl=0

Ok I will call my self out as a [email protected] in this thing. I don't have the top gun which is a factor but overall I can't make this work. I really enjoy gun depression tanks and if I don't have that I tend to try and work with my armor or some other strength. However I'm not a great campy TD player and I feel like that is all I can do in this thing but struggle to find where to go. Most games I'm either out of the action for to long or to close and die quickly. 

I just checked my stats after 22 games and I'm sitting at 55%WR (shocked because it feels like it should be 45%, just finished an 8 game streak of 25% WR in it). However the real issue is my damage per game.... 944....  :# With the stock gun that's about 4 damaging shots a game! Like I said I struggle to put this tank into play on anything other then a bush sitting map. 

Clearly you are all lucky with this tank and I have shown it's true color's, my skillz are being hand-cuffed by this tank. 

Get rid of that stock gun. Gun makes the tank. You can't call yourself bad in this tank if you're wasting your time fucking about with the stock gun. Stock gun is shit, end of story.

Get rid of that stock gun. Gun makes the tank. You can't call yourself bad in this tank if you're wasting your time fucking about with the stock gun. Stock gun is shit, end of story.

Ok, so it's a stock tank syndrome then. Wasted alot of my free exp on the Cent 7/1 I drunkenly purchased on the weekend.

UPDATE: Threw some gold at this thing and unlocked the top gun, makes a big difference. I'm still shit, but at least now I am a shit putting out damage. 

How do I play this thing? I find myself getting killed a lot because I am overextending, and taking hits as a result. I also try to use the turret armor to trade more effectively, but it seems to work poorly.

The rear mounted turret is interesting, and I can live with it because the traverse speed is so high. But the the turret traverse limit, oh, this gets me sometimes. So far my winrate is shit, and damage/WN8 is not too good either.

It is now fully upgraded. I run V.stab and rammer, but the last one I am not sure of. I run optiks on most of my meds, but here I go with GLD. Not sure about this one.

Crew skills are repair so far, at about 90% now. Should this be changed for camo?

M7otmtP.jpg

I also try to use the turret armor to trade more effectively, but it seems to work poorly.

The turret cannot bounce anything, so that is a bad idea to rely on.

It is now fully upgraded. I run V.stab and rammer, but the last one I am not sure of. I run optiks on most of my meds, but here I go with GLD. Not sure about this one.

I personally run Rammer, vstab and binoculars. I just wrote a pm to someone explaining why (He asked me why I used binoculars):

"Because the base view range is so poor that even with the optics it is still left out of contention against other medium tanks (Pershing, T69, T-44, Centurion). Binoculars boost the view range above the other medium tanks. 

Another reason is that part of the the playstyle of a 416 is sniping bush-wanker which means it will be stationary in a bush spotting/shooting targets. For this binoculars are effective as it allows you to spot and shoot enemies before they can spot you.

Also you can quite often just shoot at what other tanks spot for you, meaning you dont need optics/binoculars to spot."

Crew skills are repair so far, at about 90% now. Should this be changed for camo?

Here is your main problem. The camouflage on the 416 is stupidly good for the tier, so you need to train camo ASAP. Repairs wont be needed if you play it right.

Think of the Obj. 416 as a more mobile Borsig. You have stupid camouflage that lets you hide (while firing) at surprisingly close ranges. The top gun is almost the same as the T-54 but a tier lower. The 330 pen HEAT allows you to pen anything you can meet and the DPM allows you to shred anything alive.

Stay in the second line and snipe from stealth and keep on using your mobility to move around the map to find firing lanes in order for you to keep your gun in the game. 

As WaterWar said. Personally I use optics because I tend to move around a bit more in my 416, but otherwise I agree with everything he wrote.

416 is invisible tank,,even a B-c25t and 62A in front of me (78m),,,can't detect zhis tankz lol

but,,,the problem,,is 416 is easily ammo rack and Engine lost,,,make u tank like hot bbq -,-

Damn, that's some broken engrish :-)

I am ok with that part, trying to get fluent in Spanish myself and it's painful. It's the ,,, that I don't get; I see it all over the place and it isn't a translation problem afaict.

It's probably a character set encoding issue.

IP.Board is written in PHP, a programming language known, among other things, for having terrible unicode support (It makes that unicode stuff in Python 2 look good).

Damn, that's some broken engrish :-)

yea my egnrish is poor,,can u teach me more plz D:

The turret cannot bounce anything, so that is a bad idea to rely on.

I personally run Rammer, vstab and binoculars. I just wrote a pm to someone explaining why (He asked me why I used binoculars):

"Because the base view range is so poor that even with the optics it is still left out of contention against other medium tanks (Pershing, T69, T-44, Centurion). Binoculars boost the view range above the other medium tanks. 

Another reason is that part of the the playstyle of a 416 is sniping bush-wanker which means it will be stationary in a bush spotting/shooting targets. For this binoculars are effective as it allows you to spot and shoot enemies before they can spot you.

Also you can quite often just shoot at what other tanks spot for you, meaning you dont need optics/binoculars to spot."

Here is your main problem. The camouflage on the 416 is stupidly good for the tier, so you need to train camo ASAP. Repairs wont be needed if you play it right.

Think of the Obj. 416 as a more mobile Borsig. You have stupid camouflage that lets you hide (while firing) at surprisingly close ranges. The top gun is almost the same as the T-54 but a tier lower. The 330 pen HEAT allows you to pen anything you can meet and the DPM allows you to shred anything alive.

Stay in the second line and snipe from stealth and keep on using your mobility to move around the map to find firing lanes in order for you to keep your gun in the game. 

Thanks. This is solid advice. My average damage is up considerabely.

Is fire extinguisher necessary? It's nice to run two repairkits, and this tank does not seem to catch fire.

With a forward mounted engine you do take a considerable amount of shots to the engine - increasing the likelihood of engine fires. But I must admit I dont feel like this tank catches fire often

Only problem with the tank is it doesn't make credits well, if at all without a premium account

All the tier 9 and 10 Russian meds don't make much for credits due to the expensive premium and standard ammo.  The 416 falls into this category too as it uses pretty much the same gun that the tier 9s do.