OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

153 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

194 posts in this topic

Except for the fact that my first 12 games in it were only tier 10s..

True I had 3k dpg stock in the two tier 8 matches I had, but if I see tens all the time, I really don't want to grind to the top gun

How to play it stocked 

Don't do this. Free XP exists so that you can prove yourself to be better than a windowlicker in every way possible :-)

I like it, but having spent my entire tanks career in things with depression, it hasn't quite clicked with me fully... Yet...

Mort put it best; "The only thing wrong with the 416 is its lack of logs."

One of the nice things that the low profile does is it mitigates some of the depression issues, since you can actually hit tracks and lower plates if you're forced to brawl. Makes hill poking difficult but that's not really what this tank is built for.

I have had so many games where that extra alpha and accuracy would have saved my ass. Now learning that mm on the west server is many more same tier than the east.... 12 games on east and I get 2 tier 8, 3 tier 9, and the rest 10. Log onto west and all games are insta tier 8

No reason to keep another T8 medium after this tank. Heck, I would rather play this than any other T9 Russian medium. It feels just like a T8 Hellcat to me. If you are top tier just abuse everything bellow you. And if you are bottom tier you can still carry, you just have to play careful.

The gun is amazing, I was able to week the front of an E3 and finish him off while he was distracted, only to move on and wreck a Batchat and 50 120 on reload. Even when your team is losing you can do so much damage to the enemy just my keeping your gun hour for 1 to 2 minutes. Heat round is superb as well

I'm getting sick of asking how to play new tanks, but this thing is about ready to hit the trash can.

You say go island on mines, (tried hill, not so good!), but how about Airfield and Salient?  (I'm sure this is part of the learning curve for no depression, no armor, no 6th...)

I'm getting sick of asking how to play new tanks, but this thing is about ready to hit the trash can.

You say go island on mines, (tried hill, not so good!), but how about Airfield and Salient?  (I'm sure this is part of the learning curve for no depression, no armor, no 6th...)

When in doubt, hang back a bit and camo-snipe. Use your insane DPM to help your pubbies win fights.

When in doubt, hang back a bit and camo-snipe. Use your insane DPM to help your pubbies win fights.

Gotcha.  On those two maps, any general regions to hang back, in?  I'm trying to avoid wandering around looking for flat enough areas, since I haven't had such low depression before.

Also, I see people sprinting around in these things trying to rush slow tanks.  Is this an alternative to the camo-snipe, or a last ditch effort?

FYI - The DPM doesn't help the pubbies win squat.  Even at this early stage I'm averaging more Dmg than the HP, but the WR is in the 30%'s.

Gotcha.  On those two maps, any general regions to hang back, in?  I'm trying to avoid wandering around looking for flat enough areas, since I haven't had such low depression before.

Also, I see people sprinting around in these things trying to rush slow tanks.  Is this an alternative to the camo-snipe, or a last ditch effort?

FYI - The DPM doesn't help the pubbies win squat.  Even at this early stage I'm averaging more Dmg than the HP, but the WR is in the 30%'s.

This maps are no problem for this tank . you just go play like a TD . Remember you are td / medium . Shoot go into the cover . wait for 10 to 12 sec go back behind the bush , shoot , and so on . Later game use your speed and dpm for clean up . 

Gotcha. On those two maps, any general regions to hang back, in? I'm trying to avoid wandering around looking for flat enough areas, since I haven't had such low depression before.

Also, I see people sprinting around in these things trying to rush slow tanks. Is this an alternative to the camo-snipe, or a last ditch effort?

FYI - The DPM doesn't help the pubbies win squat. Even at this early stage I'm averaging more Dmg than the HP, but the WR is in the 30%'s.

It's not that great until you hit top gun, I started with 18% for 20 games stock, managed to hit 44, with turret.

Got top gun and was able to hit 60% by the tune I unlocked the t54

Give it time, play it until you learn it. It reaches you many things. Sometimes rear turret tanks are awesome. Unlike the a44.

Now that my stats have stabilised in it (>50 games), it's still my strongest Tier 8 medium. One match on Tundra I flanked the enemy hill defence and tore up a T30's sides. This tank is evil, and I still love it.

It's amazing at mopping up late-game.

Ok, I'll bite.

I thought about trying this thing out, but I already suffer enough from "where the fuck do I go" issues with bush-humping tanks.

Literally! Where can you go at:

- Severogorsk

- Abbey

- Pearl River

- Himmel

- Winter Himmel

- Stalingrad

- Hidden Valley

- Airfield

- Tundra

- Windstorm

- Swamp

- Reworked Murovanka

- El halluf

And like many many other maps to make camo sniping meaningful?

On most of these you just sit in a shitty placed bush (or not - some don't have bushes lol) and wait for HTs to emerge from the chokepoint for you to have something to shoot at.

Too bad that the game is lost at that point.

Is there anything to do, at all, with this tank on those maps?

This is just a short description of where I would go. It of course depends a lot on team compositions and so on.

Severogorsk: Play around in the middle as a medium tank. Here your gun depression shouldn't matter.

Abbey: Either set up sniping down the east or help defend the base if the enemy team is pushing hard. Play mainly like a TD on this map.

Pearl River: The south allows for some decent combat so follow the other mediums down there.

(Winter) Himmel: You can go up the hill with decent effect but you will most likely be more effective down the west. You can possibly set up a sniping to shoot at the hill if your team is being pressured.

Stalingrad: Try and sneak around the city areas. Play as a medium tank, but dont drive around on the slopes. If you want to go east, go all the way down and snipe along the beach or stay up in the transitional zone.

Hidden Valley: You can set-up sniping positions in the south, or try to play the middle. 

Airfield: Play it like you would play a TD. Stay back and snipe either into the middle area or to help the heavies in the brawling area.

Tundra: try and find a sniping area where you can shoot either flank when/if it falls.

Windstorm: North works decent but there is quite a bit of terrain to fuck you up. If the city is not too densely populated you can go there. Otherwise the middle area might work. This map is quite dependant on where the team deploys.

Murovanka: Just try to stay in the second line to snipe on either the east or west flank. Think TD's.

El Halluf: Either sit near/at your base and snipe whoever might dare to cross the valley, and if that doesn't work out try and move up and help the heavies but stay on the flat ground. 

I hope this helps just a bit. :P

Yeah, those were my ideas as well but it didn't work too good in TDs (which caused me to sell them) after those maps got introduced/reworked.

I was basically sitting in a bush bored out of my mind and waiting for tanks to emerge from victorious brawls.

If our team won the brawl, I could as well end with 0 damage in Obj704 :tongue:

If our team lost the brawl, I would do decent damage (3-4k) but get overwhelmed afterwards most of the time.

Guess this one doesn't differ too much. Better at mop-ups, I guess. Well, assisting brawls is just way more fun and action packed. Bushwanking, not so much with little to shoot :(

The last 30 games I've managed to pull 2,4k avg dmg in this machine. It has help me understand how to abuse the vision and camo system. Learning how to farm damage without taking return fire was a big epiphany for me. This is definitely my current favorite tank, along with the 50M.

vPaW9y5.jpg