OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

154 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

194 posts in this topic

There are how many maps in WoT? 40? Even more if you play Assault/Encounter. Play like a regular medium or a TD in 20 problematic ones and invisi-kill in the other 20. Where's the problem in that? Many tanks are subpar on all maps, not just half of them.

416 doesn't even have issues playing like a medium. It has an extremely wide arc, great pen, insane HEAT, and godly DPM. You should be able to crush mediums like T-44 even in cqc.

Thing is, peeking on new city maps is done by sidescraping where rear mounted turret is an advantage and gun depression is mostly irrelevant. Exposure time <1 second.

Well yes but how do you control mid on ie. cliff without gun depression?

You don't? Pick engagements according to the strengths of the tank. Shoot down the 1 or 8 line. In the end game the tank can trade hitpoints in the middle if necessary.

Well, that kinda confirms the tank ain't for me. Sitting near the rocks on 1st lane and waiting for anything to be scouted (sometimes nothing happens for like 5 mins) is insanely boring. I quit TDs because of that stuff :sad:

When fighting on hills with this tank or any tank with bad depression you just play at the bottom of hills. You still get cover from it and don't get screwed driving all the way over.

I never saw a rule that forbids you to do anything.

I've climbed the mountain many times in my Object 416 when my team needed a scout for example. I've also sniped heavy tanks crossing the fields from F5/6 (E5/6), I've fought with mediums to gain control of the E3/F3 doughnut and than supported mid from there, I sometimes even climb the little hill on F2 to invisi-snipe middle or go to C7/G7 towns and sidescrape against everything coming from around the bend.

With a small, fast and invisible tank that stings like a truck-sized bee you can do whatever the fuck you want to and still get away with it.

I'd like to see how you guys do it. Can you upload a replay where you manage to work around the shitty depression when doing hill fighting? Just not with under-tiered guys or guys who can't see you, please :)

Yuri_Yslin: It has been established that with 3° of gun depression, rear turret and no functioning armor, this tank is a terrible hillfighter.

If you try to play to it's weakness, the game will treat it accordingly. Legedi provided a reasonable solution I beleive.

@Yuri: It's worth noting that with the 416 you need to be come very adept at using reverse slops to make up for your lack of gun depression. Most maps are filled with all kinds of little bumps and mounds which can be used to somewhat negate your poor gun depression. Overall the 416 plays like and extremely mobile TD. You want to stay hidden and try to hit people from outside their spotting range (Given your camo, this is actually really easy as a lot of people will have trouble spotting you even when you're 300m away and drilling holes in them every 7 or so seconds), much like a normal TD. Unlike most other TDs though (Except maybe the T67 and Hellcat) you are very mobile and thus camping in a bush all match waiting for the enemy to come to you is almost never a good idea.

The first games I did with this tank I hated it because it had no armor and poor gun depression. After 140 games the second barrel-star was handed out for the glorious performance of this machine. Thanks to camo and binocs, armor and gun depression are irrelevant since it can just park on top of a dune or hill or whatever and destroy with its great DPM. This is definitely a tank to keep until it's nerfed.

The Obj. 430 II I am skeptical of. T-54 may be the better choice.

If you are only going to unlock one of the two, go for the T-54. It provides the possibility to unlock two tier X's (140 and 62A) and it is an easier tank to drive compared to the 430 v2.

I've been trying to live by the minimum "more than your HP in damage, and 1+ kill per game" in this thing, and it doesn't seem to translate into success. (low 30% W/L)

What kind of averages does it take to make this thing work?

I'll answer my own question, since I'm getting the hang of this thing at 113 games.

1500+ dmg avg, and 1.5 kills avg, will average you a 51%.  The last 50 games are far better than the first, so the average is depressed, but that seems to be what it needs.

Critical Needs for playing this thing, 100% Camo, HEAT rounds, and 6th sense.  When I got 6th I jumped from low 20% survival to 36% survival, in those respective blocks of matches.

With German dispersion and accuracy, this thing would be just insane.  As it is now, I can pull both Scout and Tank Sniper in the same game, which makes me chuckle.

Because I suck at weakpoint aiming, compared to the 26" monitor crowd, with my 17" laptop screen.

Also, there are lots of big armor T9-10 tanks to hit from a distance, where a decreasing 216mm isn't good enough.  If I make a shot, I want it to stick.  

Regardless, I carry all three because you don't know what you will find.  HE'ed a T29, and an Arty last night in the same game I went HEAT at an E75.

Mind explaining why you feel HEAT is necessary with 216 base pen?

I believe the base pen is 201. Anyway, HEAT is strongly recommended as this thing will see the fronts of tier 10 tanks. You could flank, but sometimes it's easier to slam through the lower plate of an E 100 if you're in the back somewhere sniping.

As to camo being critical, I disagree. I ran full camo on mine for a while which was nice, but ended up retraining for repairs. Eventually I'll have both on the 140, but quick track repair has served me so much more than additional stealth.

Elited mine yesterday and purchased the T-54. Feeling good.

I believe the base pen is 201. Anyway, HEAT is strongly recommended as this thing will see the fronts of tier 10 tanks. You could flank, but sometimes it's easier to slam through the lower plate of an E 100 if you're in the back somewhere sniping.

As to camo being critical, I disagree. I ran full camo on mine for a while which was nice, but ended up retraining for repairs. Eventually I'll have both on the 140, but quick track repair has served me so much more than additional stealth.

Elited mine yesterday and purchased the T-54. Feeling good.

Isn't the HEAT pen 330 of something ridonkulous? Blap the E100 through the turret face with that, damn the LFP.

Correct, 201 or whatever the AP is it doesn't cut the mustard on T10's.

And yes, 330 is just badass.  It beats my 4202, 215b, E1 and equals my 50M.  As a T8, no less.

Free xp'd out of the A-44 today cause I couldn't take the bad gun handling anymore (and I love Chinese tanks, go figure). This thing is amazing. The camo is excellent on it and it deals out the damage like mad. Sucks, because now I want to keep it and I'll have to start ANOTHER Soviet Med crew.

I love my 416. Its really easy to actually do well in it. It'll definitely be getting a new crew after I move the current one into their new home of the OBJ 430 II. ^^ I never want to get rid of my super pancake and that BEAUTIFUL gun. XD

Could we please merge this thread with Kewei's replay pack thread for the Object 416? 

His replay pack tells you all you need to know about playing the Object 416 and shows you why this tank (a) has a ridiculously high skill ceiling and (b) is extremely rewarding to master and © why you are a scrub with your mediocre 2-3k dpg.

Could we please merge this thread with Kewei's replay pack thread for the Object 416? 

His replay pack tells you all you need to know about playing the Object 416 and shows you why this tank (a) has a ridiculously high skill ceiling and (b) is extremely rewarding to master and © why you are a scrub with your mediocre 2-3k dpg.

I dont see the point to merge the general discussion thread with an "e-peen"-thread from one of the members of this forum. Just provide the link in this discussion (as you have already done) so that people can see it when they read through here. :)

Got my ace tanker in it last night. I am getting the hang of this since this is my first rear mounted turret tank. I think when i'm done grinding out the T-54 and the Obj 430v2 I'll decide at that point if it's a keeper or not.

Object 416 - Ace Tanker, High Caliber, Radley Walters, Top Gun, 4403 damage, 195 spotting