OOPMan

The Object 416: SerB's Gift To Mankind?

The Object 416  

153 members have voted

1. 1. The Object 416 is...

• ...awesome!
    • ...incredibly awesome!!
    • ...fucking amazingly awesome!!!
    • ...so awesome I'd bear its children if that were physically possible!!!!
    • ...terrible (Warning: Picking this option will out you as a hopeless baddie 4 lyfe)
  2. 2. What I love most about the Object 416 is...

• ...the amazing gun!
    • ...the superb camo!
    • ...the manuverability!
    • ...all of the above!!!
    • ...all of the above AND the rear-mounted turret!!! (Warning: Pervert option)
    • ...nothing. I hate it and am a baddie by extension.
  3. 3. Do you think the Object 416 will ever be nerfed?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Depends on whether unicums keep using it to farm wins...
    • Never. SerB loves this tank like a child and it will never be nerfed!

194 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Felicius said:

They used to, until WG banned the general chat.

Whatever, I'm still one step ahead of WG becaise I have "banned" team chat aswell. Its so good when you perma track a 1000 wn8 leo1 (or any non armoured tank) behind a corner while spamming heat, you can only imagine how triggered that makes him, triggered beyond the realm of kurwa/cz;sk?/pozz-nes...

And as a reward you get a juicy PM for just 19.999 more credits

I got my first MOE on this before I even had 60 games in it. This is an absolute monster.

On 5.12.2016 at 10:01 PM, Jug0sLovEn said:

Whatever, I'm still one step ahead of WG becaise I have "banned" team chat aswell. Its so good when you perma track a 1000 wn8 leo1 (or any non armoured tank) behind a corner while spamming heat, you can only imagine how triggered that makes him, triggered beyond the realm of kurwa/cz;sk?/pozz-nes...

And as a reward you get a juicy PM for just 19.999 more credits

I still think digging out pple with 400pen heat rounds from t10 TDs is a better trigger than this but yeah. This tank makes people rage.

Ok, so I just unlocked the top gun last night and did 4.2k dmg in a tier 8 match the second game with it. Crew is still ghetto (just finished training camo, starting on repairs and will retrain the Commander for 6th soon) but I'm wondering about viable equipment setups.

1. Rammer- No questions about this one.

2. Vert. Stab- Seems like a pretty common choice for tanks that can mount one, but the delicious gun handling of the 416 has been discussed at length already. Not sure if this is worth it if the gun handling is already so good.

3. Optics- I'm leaning towards optics over binos because I'd prefer the vision bonus to always be active. As I mentioned earlier, crew is pretty bad so I might pick binos just to compensate.

Other options:

Vents- Not as good as I used to think they were, but they add a flat boost to crew skills and thus help with a little bit of everything.

Camo Net- Who likes being invisible? I do! But would this be overkill and thus a waste?

Binos- Bad crew is bad. Binos will remind me to play at longer ranges instead of YOLOrush like I did with the A-44.

Anything I'm missing from this list? I appreciate your input.

6 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Ok, so I just unlocked the top gun last night and did 4.2k dmg in a tier 8 match the second game with it. Crew is still ghetto (just finished training camo, starting on repairs and will retrain the Commander for 6th soon) but I'm wondering about viable equipment setups.

1. Rammer- No questions about this one.

2. Vert. Stab- Seems like a pretty common choice for tanks that can mount one, but the delicious gun handling of the 416 has been discussed at length already. Not sure if this is worth it if the gun handling is already so good.

3. Optics- I'm leaning towards optics over binos because I'd prefer the vision bonus to always be active. As I mentioned earlier, crew is pretty bad so I might pick binos just to compensate.

Other options:

Vents- Not as good as I used to think they were, but they add a flat boost to crew skills and thus help with a little bit of everything.

Camo Net- Who likes being invisible? I do! But would this be overkill and thus a waste?

Binos- Bad crew is bad. Binos will remind me to play at longer ranges instead of YOLOrush like I did with the A-44.

Anything I'm missing from this list? I appreciate your input.

If it can mount Vstab, mount it. No discussion. Even on a tier X med, with food and BIA.

It is a better choice of eq than even a rammer ( it is worth dropping a rammer on certain lights like SP 1 C, T49...but not here, ofc)

camo net is useless, and there are countless threads that prove it. Vents add too little on a tank with so good soft stats. We are in the zone of diminishing returns here...vents are more useful if you have crap soft stat (and crap camo, like Panther 2).

I lean towards Binos. if I ran food, and had BIA + full vision skills (commander is a radio operator, too, so it will take a while), i would have picked optics. As of now, i prefer to play safe (and cheap) with AFE and binos.

You can not go wrong with either...but optics add just 38 m view range (when you have fresh crew) to a paltry total of 418, and at least 430-440 is considered decent. You can get there in a few hundred battles or so.

finally, Stalin guided enough HEAT shells to get 3 dank stars on my barrel.

CWMQXwF.jpg

APQPefX.jpg

JX0xhsd.jpg

060jZrH.jpg

Ammo and equipment loadout used for the last session:

10 AP, 25 HEAT, big rep kit, food, AFE.

I am a scrub but I don't run vstab on this, I use rammer/vents/optics. The handling is so incredible on this tank already that I feel like I never miss even without it.

Inb4 gtfo green shitter

5 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

I am a scrub but I don't run vstab on this, I use rammer/vents/optics. The handling is so incredible on this tank already that I feel like I never miss even without it.

Inb4 gtfo green shitter

if a tank can mount vstab, use it...

gtfo green shitter btw :kappa:

If it makes me any less shit this is the only tank so far that I haven't used vstab on

It takes some pretty incredible natural gun handling before I would even consider it.

God tier gun handling + vstab = heaven. I've won several games due to ripping across a field full speed while sniping weak points because reasons. As a bonus I was unspotted the entire time because why not give the E 25's camo to a medium.

Got to 84.95% on the marks, got artied (pre 9.18), and several bad games later it's sitting around 83%. I'd given up on trying to 2-mark it for the time being.Took it out for a spin in a platoon today, first game looked like this.

Victory!
Battle: Abbey
Vehicles: Object 416
Experience received: 3,211 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits earned: 41,789
Battle achievements: 2 Marks of Excellence, High Caliber, Confederate, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

http://wotreplays.com/site/3515531#abbey-favrefan4ever-object_416

Filthy. This tank is filthy.

9 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Filthy. This tank is filthy.

As long as you can afford heat and rations.

During my 3 mark grind I felt the need of a shower after every game.

There's only one downside to this tank.

The low ammo count.

Gonna be honest, i'm really not feeling this tank. Way too niche IMO. Gun performs like a potato, and while the heat rounds are great, they have to actually hit. I'd much rather play almost any other tier 8, barring the 65t and TVP.

Has the gun been nerfed when WG touched the t54 guns? It feels super innacurate now. 

Guessing you've copped a load of RNG. Seems the usual mish mash of random unaimed shots going dead center and fully aimed hitting dirt.

10 hours ago, Ezz said:

Guessing you've copped a load of RNG. Seems the usual mish mash of random unaimed shots going dead center and fully aimed hitting dirt.

Both of us have the same problem and I used to play the 416 so that's why I'm asking. Can't hit shit over 300m. 

I’ve never played it before and only a few games in it so far but the gun feels really derpy.

And I thought it would bounce/avoid damage more due to the pancake profile.

On 1/19/2018 at 6:29 AM, Nalok said:

I’ve never played it before and only a few games in it so far but the gun feels really derpy.

And I thought it would bounce/avoid damage more due to the pancake profile.

I generally tried to avoid damage by being in hard cover or ideally not spotted at all in this tank 

Anyways I actually ended up selling it because I found it boring to play. I was like 10k away from the 430 II so I just free xp'd it when they announced the 430 changes.

I'm an average player* and I weight my opinion accordigly to that but I really struggle in this tank. Yes I have too my high dmg games every spare match but it's so uncofortable and I feel you really have to strive to obtain from it the same you can from other tanks with so much less effort, allowing you to care a lot less about the micromanagement of the tank itself (hello -3 gun depression) and more about the grand scheme. Of course this is a problem to me more that is to a unicum, I get it.

But how do you guys cope with the horrible gun depression and with the gun? Sometimes I hate this gun, when it behaves it quite good but in a lot of occasions it just doesent hit a damn thing. I mean, is this supposed to be a brawler? Beacuse I really can't play this like a brawler: the more you get close the more you feel the non exsistence of gun depression and the non fully rotating turret surely doesn't help as a lot of positions are unusable. Playing as a distance TD is also difficult due to the gun, everytime I pull the trigger it feels like rolling a dice (I mean, even more than it really is), accuracy is meh as also the shell velocity to be a sniper (probably I'm a bit spolied?), HEAT is super good even more so from distance but again you have to hit the targets in the first place. Then when you can unload the DPM is so nice, expecially compared to other T8 MTs, but getting to that pure theoretical DPM is so hard for me.

So, ramble a part, the question remains: how do you cope with the gun depression and the inflexibility of this tank? I'm playing this until this weekend when I'll unlock the T-54 before they split the line next week or I'd have to buy the T-34 to grind to that again (yes, I've never unlocked the T-34-85) so I'm just asking opinions out of curiosity. I'm selling this, no question: money is kinda important as I'm grinding a lot of stuff and I've no prem account, the crew is 80% on the 3rd skill and is going in the T-54, I've not so many garage slots left (1?) and I'm not intrested in the 430 II, don't burn me.

*Just checked and I just turned from green to slighly bluish, is there a rite of passage or some kind of party I have to give?