Worstpoaster_na

Anime Thread

4,821 posts in this topic

R2?

And I always tell people to go watch Baccano!

So go watch Baccano!

I am in R2, on episode 18. WTH is Baccano?

Knobby's avatar is Baccano. Good show :D

If you've seen Snatch, somewhat like that just as an anime.

I beg you pardon? If anyone here would count as pro, its Kraft.

I would agree with that had I not seen Kraft devolve for the last two weeks. He's redeeming himself now, but I can't say with certainty that he's the go-to animu man.

Fuck, I almost sounded like Solono there... 

I have the shittiest rankings on MAL. I rank in binary, so if it didn't deserve a 10, it gets a 9

Still haven't accpeted my frendo-request.

Why are you cyber-bully .-.

In other news, I'm done with Tokyo Ghoul rad(A)

Let me know if it gets better

Still haven't accpeted my frendo-request.

Why are you cyber-bully .-.

In other news, I'm done with Tokyo Ghoul rad(A)

Let me know if it gets better

oops. Accepted

I would agree with that had I not seen Kraft devolve for the last two weeks. He's redeeming himself now, but I can't say with certainty that he's the go-to animu man.

Fuck, I almost sounded like Solono there... 

The thing with anime is that every1 sort of has different tastes in what's good, so in the end you really watch the stuff that appeals to you.

Finished Mayo Chiki today, and I really liked it through and through. Konoe is such a win character, the imouto-chan Kureha is really awesome too. Pretty light hearted, comedic most of the time, some drama at times.

Man, really catching up on a lot of missed stuff this season, since so few good shows are actually airing. Watching Katanagatari next :), as I'm having trouble getting into Nagi no Asukara, even tho it's supposed to be really good...

The thing with anime is that every1 sort of has different tastes in what's good, so in the end you really watch the stuff that appeals to you.

No, they have different tastes in what they like not what is good

For example: I like good things. Thus why I wait for something to come out that isn't:

A) Vapid as hell.

B) Insultingly put together.

C) Stupid.

D) Above 1% fanservice.

Which means I can retire.

No, they have different tastes in what they like not what is good

For example: I like good things. Thus why I wait for something to come out that isn't:

A) Vapid as hell.

B) Insultingly put together.

C) Stupid.

D) Possessing less than 1% fanservice.

Well said.

Or, to put it my bluntly. Everybody has different tastes and most people have pretty awful taste regardless of how different it is. 

As with most entertainment, there's something for everyone and most of it is trash.

D) Possessing less than 1% fanservice.

Wait, does this mean you like fanservice?

Well said.

Or, to put it my bluntly. Everybody has different tastes and most people have pretty awful taste regardless of how different it is. 

As with most entertainment, there's something for everyone and most of it is trash.

It isn't even trash that is the problem. I wouldn't even call most anime in this thread trash.

True trash is interesting, things like "Manos: The Hands of Fate" and, more closely related to this topic, the original Sailor Moon dub are amazing pieces of trash that are interesting because of how awful they are.

A good analogy: A shooter at a gun range missing a target is a non-event, a poor showing but completely uninteresting. A shooter at a gun range missing, ricocheting the shot off the dirt, hitting a low flying helicopter and sending the helicopter crashing into an oil refinery is a spectacularly interesting failure. 

Solono so tsun.

Okay, that said, the number of shows I've been watching are getting fewer and fewer. 99% of the new season is stuff I've seen before, and while I fear I may be losing my sex drive, I actively dislike fanservice now. I used to be merely ambivalent, but the scenes feel more and more aggravating. They feel like they increasingly come at the expense of the story, the characters and anything interesting the show has to offer.

Still, I still like the stuff I used to like, mostly. I just downgraded half the "meh" to "annoying and not worth the time".

So i'm almost done watching Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion. Wat 2 watch next?

Yuru Yuri. Because fun things are fun.

from Random Curiosity's Takaii, on Mayo Chiki! (i changed all the spoiler parts to ...)

Honestly, I think it’s been a pretty interesting run. Ever since the first episode grabbed my attention with its interesting twist, I’ve had high hopes for Mayo Chiki. Especially when the lead roles consist of Iguchi Yuka, Kitamura Eri, and Hino Satoshi being rounded out with the likes of Hanazawa Kana and Ise Mariya; I could almost say that even if the show was downright horrible that the voice acting would make up for it.

... I think that there were some serious problems in how this show built up the drama and then let it drop without utilizing all those trapped emotions. The best example is probably all of those slow episodes padding the middle of series — it felt like a chore to just get through some of them! The thing is, as much as I want to hate on the show for small problems like that, I can’t help but look over these things when there were other factors that kept drawing me back in.

Looking at how much I loved all the characters and how unique they were, I can only imagine how much bigger of a hit Mayo Chiki could have been. Kitamura Eri taking the role of a dubious troll named Kanade, Iguchi Yuka giving Subaru her indescribable charm, and Hino Satoshi using that voice of his that I love only helped in selling their respective characters that much more. Throw in a little bit of Kureha beating the life out of Jirou and Usami getting so close to figuring out Subaru’s secret and there’s more than enough variety to make even the slow episodes interesting.

...Seeing how it actually made it to a point that most shows rarely arrive at even after multiple seasons, I’d say that it should satisfy the thirsts of anyone looking for a good high school rom-com. In terms of being a good show, I think that watching Jirou deal with Kanade’s antics is more than enough to reel in the comedy lovers. If anything, the only thing this show lacks is something in the “will make you cry” department, which if you look at how well it does everything else, isn’t really all that important.

In the end, if you’re looking for a show that will surprise you with it’s interesting cast of characters and will provide you more than enough laughs, I’d highly recommend Mayo Chiki. From it’s cast to its story, there’s a little bit of everything for everyone who don’t take things too seriously.

I've literally never watched any anime in my life, but after seeing it everywhere on wotlabs I'm curious. Name one that I should start with, preferably something easily accessible and free.

Hellsing Ultimate. Balls deep, go big or go home.

In Dragon Ball lives a piece of my 12 year old soul for all eternity.... probably couldn't bear to watch it as I am today except for the laughs, it was a pretty fun show at times (*hint* character name translations).

About to start fate/stay night unlimited blade works

I'd skip on that and wait until its finished if you didn't bother to watch it yet. Not good enough to be worth a damn half year long cliffhanger.

Hellsing Ultimate. Balls deep, go big or go home.

Gorefest par excellence. Soundtrack is awesome, animation is top notch and I've even liked the story.
My favourite part is probably that true vampires are depicted as inhuman, immortal monsters and the man created version is just referred to as freaks.
Vampires how they should be, thanks Hellsing.

I have the shittiest rankings on MAL. I rank in binary, so if it didn't deserve a 10, it gets a 9

not even joke.

It isn't even trash that is the problem. I wouldn't even call most anime in this thread trash.

True trash is interesting, things like "Manos: The Hands of Fate" and, more closely related to this topic, the original Sailor Moon dub are amazing pieces of trash that are interesting because of how awful they are.

A good analogy: A shooter at a gun range missing a target is a non-event, a poor showing but completely uninteresting. A shooter at a gun range missing, ricocheting the shot off the dirt, hitting a low flying helicopter and sending the helicopter crashing into an oil refinery is a spectacularly interesting failure. 

Queen's blade was a good show :^)

Yuru Yuri. Because fun things are fun.

now I remember why I thought you were cewl.

on the wotlabs minecraft server in gonna build a maid cafe ;)

I'll help you build it. You know, for professional reasons only.

Wait, does this mean you like fanservice?

no it means he dosn't like it and if more than 1% of a show is fanservice he can't stand it thus can't watch it.

and on the topic of yuru yuri yui is best girl >.>