Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

693 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

So, this was a pure test project (currently un-listed, will not full release). I need to use something other than Shadow Play to record, as you can see it does funky things with the color and the resolution isn't what I want.

OBS is what I use for all of my gfys

1 hour ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

OBS is what I use for all of my gfys

OBS can be clunky, I'll experiment more with Action Recorder, or even try out Vegas Pro 14's video capture stuff

I like OBS as well. Crank dat bitrate up and gg

1 hour ago, Trobs said:

I like OBS as well. Crank dat bitrate up and gg

Once I have my 1700x up and running, best believe Im upping that freaking bit-rate!

15 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

OBS can be clunky, I'll experiment more with Action Recorder, or even try out Vegas Pro 14's video capture stuff

What do you mean by clunky?  I've never really had an issue with using it - the only beef I have is that I have to remux each recording from FLAC to MP4 before I can gfycat it and there's probably some setting that I'm missing that eliminates even that.  After my original setup (which is easy because the only window I need to capture is the WoT client) was finished and the settings were done I haven't touched anything config-wise; just open it up and press F9 when I want to start recording and F10 when it's done.

E: Also, did you get the replay links from that fucked up post I made?  If not, I'll grab them again and repost them here - the times are on the descriptions on WoTreplays as well

Ive had to keep my bit-rates low with OBS, so the quality hasn't been the greatest for quite some time. I did get them, Im going to be re-recording many of them in the near future!

So what is the actual strategy for this thing? I've basically just been strategically yoloing things, like if they just fired at someone else and have a long reload, or at least long enough for me to derp and then make my escape. About like I play autoloaders, actually, without the sniping.

lulz

GvAUWYs.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is spoilered, only open if you want to see deep into the mind of a Chode$tar......you've been warned!

wMVko8V.gif

48 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

lulz

GvAUWYs.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is spoilered, only open if you want to see deep into the mind of a Chode$tar......you've been warned!

Hide contents

wMVko8V.gif

The mind of a Chode$tar is a beautiful thing. It looks like the Sheridan derp handles quite a bit better than the T49?

Those are two of the greatest chode gifs I've seen @dualmaster333. Fabulous work. I was right that my PoV on the E5 would be cinematic!

As for that E5 explosion, we basically broke that flank so fast that the enemy couldn't grind through our Southern forces. Our team never really contested the hill and our Derpidans weren't going to be able to take on Batchats for that position. We hung out South for 1 shot from camo taking 700 off a 50B, and then had the choices: stay South, playing direct fire arty with heavier tanks and frisky mediums, try to go onto hill from mid (only works if your team has snipers and theirs doesn't, really not a good choice above tier 7), or switch flanks. We counted 10 south, 2 north and 1 in base during this rapid decision process. The JpE being south was a factor also, in affirming the choice. The E5 pair were a surprise, having expected them slow South or mid, but as you can see, E5s when isolated and flanked are delicious.

This was an early flank crush that turned a completely undecided match into a relatively hard to lose based on position match - although I tried to throw by suiciding because I was laughing too hard. But dying with 2400 damage done and 4 tanks dead isn't the worst sin. We derp for the lulz.

The actual count was 4v4 North with 1 in support from base. Their north group split into 2 and 2, so when we chose to switch we turned a strung out 4v2 cautiously poking into a hulldown E5 and 140 into a 6v2 with better angles. In order to encourage our pubbies i ate the first E5 shot, but got lucky with my return and got a 900+ side pen - trades! The confidence that instilled, plus me and dual focus chodeslapping, routed those first two easily. And the trailing two...the gif tells the story there.

20 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

So what is the actual strategy for this thing? I've basically just been strategically yoloing things, like if they just fired at someone else and have a long reload, or at least long enough for me to derp and then make my escape. About like I play autoloaders, actually, without the sniping.

Vision control when you can, don't trade hp - instead use speed and camo, vision defense if you must, pick on softies either to establish vision dominance or for spite, track tanks in the open, eliminate isolated tanks when you can at low risk and use your massive alpha to speed up clearing overmatches. If all else fails (looking at you Ruinberg South spawn) then splash superheavies and track them exposed.

18 hours ago, Nicarasu said:

The mind of a Chode$tar is a beautiful thing. It looks like the Sheridan derp handles quite a bit better than the T49?

It has a few noticeable differences ( to the discerning chode connoisseur ). Worse track bloom, but better accuracy, aimtime (like a T49 with GLD). Third person gifs under represent the bloom and I think the frames are sped up. It's not really much better, to the point where you can choose different engagements. Maybe you can take more shots without full aim because of the handling and reload, but the fundamentals are the same.

@Dualmaster333, all I hear when I watch that gif are the seagulls from Finding Nemo calling 'butts' instead of 'mine'.  Good stuff. 

4 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

@Dualmaster333, all I hear when I watch that gif are the seagulls from Finding Nemo calling 'butts' instead of 'mine'.  Good stuff. 

100% accurate to my internal monologue

I'll shift the focus, for a moment, from acts of chodery to moments of getting choded. I've had my entire crew KO'ed in my Lorraine 40t twice at E5 on Ruinberg by T49s; the only two times it has happened in nearly 20k WoT outings. 

Things learned in chode class today:

• rear 1/3rd of a 183 turret is 51mm, and the back is 31mm. Much easier pens that going for flat ass. 
  • from Abbey N you can shoot through the "window" into the enemy 3 line spot

Things we reviewed in chode class today:

• Pubs are too stupid to position for resets, even when you try to hand it to them

How many of these GIFs and replays are from typical games? Is this like every game, every other, or one in ten? 

T49 is one of those tanks I decided to sell after having game after game of misses, or splashing tanks for 200Hps of damage on rear shots.

This and the Sheridan thread are kinda making me want to buy it back (although I don't have any more exceptions until 2018) but I\m not sure my results will be any different.

The gifs are usually aesthetically pleasing, the payoffs from the work. But the T49/XM551 do yield pretty consistent results for me, after...2000? battles of practice. Knowing how to pen shots, both theoretically (tanks.gg) and in practice (managing the gun) is the specialized part, the rest is just usual light tank stuff. Most games I pen a shot often more, maybe 1 in 5 I don't either because of early mistake or steamrolled. And if a game goes long enough those splashes add up. I guess I've also spent time recently working on maximizing splashes, especially on German boxes. But @dualmaster333 could probably make 1 good gif for every hour that we play (about 6 games/hr) where "good" has a pretty high standard. Mostly we've stuck to the double tap deletes, because they are by FAR the funniest. A montage of an hours worth of penned shots would have so many explosions though. 

This reminds me I should post a few replays...right @monjardin?

I cannot emphasize enough how much FUN these two tanks are though.

46 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

How many of these GIFs and replays are from typical games? Is this like every game, every other, or one in ten?

From my experience in chode class this morning, @CraBeatOff is a GIF making machine. We played 7 games and I think he had 3k damage in all but that last one--where he got ambushed by a bunch of TDs because our heavies wouldn't push up--with two around 5k.

27 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

This reminds me I should post a few replays...right @monjardin?

You were on a rampage. There should be some good ones. Even that one loss where I died early like a chump was really fun to watch. 

My damage output was poor, but I learned a lot!

1. I need to be more constinuously observant and make quicker decisions. It was obvious that @CraBeatOff never lost situational awareness even when we were in difficult technical situations where I tunnel visioned. As a result, he was constantly in a better position to get shots off much quicker.
  2. Don't rush the safe shots when you have time, but don't take too long when you are point-blank on an ISO tank or aren't in a safe position. I missed shots and took hits that I shouldn't have.
  3. I dropped the rammer after the first match. @CraBeatOff's style involves so much re-positioning that raw reload didn't come into play. It's more about making the shots count. This may differ for the Sheridan.
  4. I need to get my vision skills up! @CraBeatOff did most of the spotting while I hung back a bit because he had 520 m versus my 490 m view range with BIA/6th/camo on the commander.
  5. RNG is still a thing. It was on display when @CraBeatOff snapshot an LTTB on the run and I then missed fully aimed. However, the lulz when you make absurd shots more than make up for the misses. My opening shot in the first match was ridiculous. I penned a full speed scout partially hull down going 90 degrees right to left from over 300 meters. I won't lie; I giggled.

:party:

Oh yea, we double tapped on the very first shot...I forgot about that, ha!

Welcome to chode class. First lesson http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818219#swamp-crabeatoff-t49 always double tap enemy LTs to delete them early. Then you're free to roam. This and the following replays might be useful, because all of my communication with a new Chode Friend is included in the text and pings. No voice. 

Next game, in which we zoom about and get butts. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818235#sacred_valley-crabeatoff-t49

As monjardin notes, here I snap a LTTB. This is a good case of ... strategically not doing anything, so as to win the game later. Which is what I outline in the game text, as the plan, because thats what happens to work. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818237#highway-crabeatoff-t49 

@Canadian_Reaper I consider this next game fairly boring. It still means I delete their scout with a well held/timed shot early, and then get a bunch more pens and arty murders. You be the judge http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818240#siegfried_line-crabeatoff-t49 and judge it against all these others. 

Overlord is always boring. But I like to win, so here is how I play Overlord when my team isn't trying to win, but I refuse to suicide and let them lose. It is NOT an interesting game, because its Overlord, and there is nothing to do. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818257#overlord-crabeatoff-t49

This game is Silly Bullshit. @monjardin makes an early mistake with the TD firing lanes. Its lost pretty early, but at least you can see how I manage to squeeze some serious lulz out of a lost match. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818255#fjords-crabeatoff-t49

Here is some stupid Karelia gameplay, in which a team of stupid TDs does their absolute best to lose. See how @dualmaster333 and I constantly reposition to do the most useful possible thing, and avoid trading our HP until its absolutely required and for great payoff. I do bait him to kill the Strv 103-0. This is a sad thing that happens, because once the Chode Friend is dead, then you cannot double tap people, but sometimes you need to win matches, and in this case, with us stumbling on more tanks than expected (I thought the arty would be elsewhere), someone gets hurt or exploded. But I made it worth, and the upside of playing with a Chode Friend is that even if you get exploded early you can vicariously enjoy silly bullshit like me penning a Pershing and T110E4 in the sides from 400m+ on consecutive shots. Carried these stupid fuckers despite their best efforts, and even got a pubbie to recognize my #chode$tardom http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818262#karelia-crabeatoff-t49

Here is another of what I consider to be unremarkable @Canadian_Reaperhttp://wotreplays.eu/site/3818263#mines-crabeatoff-t49 We do indeed double tap delete a RU251 on the approach to hill, and then kill the arty so that at least its not totally awful to be spotted. There is also a retarded T57 who is so stupid he doesn't even recognize that 1. He pushed me to the edge of the hill and I ate 4 1390 shots 2. I TK'd him. He does notice when dualmaster finishes him off. 

And one final one http://wotreplays.eu/site/3818268#sand_river-crabeatoff-t49 Again, not anything that I'd consider GIF worthy, but just T49 gameplay. I delete their heretic 90mm T49, which is fun. And when the Lorraine40t tries to rush my Chode Friend I show him why #chode$tarz work best in pairs. 

As always, comments and questions welcome. You know I like to talk about chodes and butts.