Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

676 posts in this topic

So yeah, some of these are the Sheridan, but I feel like the memes need to all be in this thread:

mkeaMjz.gif

shpDIKz.gif

Q2y89iO.gif

ThUo09a.gif

Probably my best and most amusing Kharkov game yet (spoiler: contains butts):

5iVV3LD.gif

ygY3T9w.gif

sai9C6l.gif

Aight I just got home, was busy most of the early evening, but I added you Crab.  

Also, nice memes from the both of you, that DP on the E5 butt was sick nasty

Here is some more T49 stupidity. I am having a hell of a streak in it recently. Over 3k all the time. So much softness, so much ass, such nice MM. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3820189#himmelsdorf-crabeatoff-t49 I should absolutely have not lived through this, but who cares, I had fun. 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3820191#swamp-crabeatoff-t49 There is nothing particularly special in this game, but its pretty funny nonetheless. Watch to the end to see big payoffs!

Derp 49 is my go-to-for-fun tank ever since I got it.  It was the first line I went up when I started the game.

Tried the 90mm for a handful of games after it came out, and it is just not as fun.

The pacing is so much fun, every ambush is exciting roulette.  mmmmmMMMMmm that feelgood moment when you HE pen a batchat, set on fire and they burn to death because of food>AFE.

Fabulous GIFfage Chode Friend. I especially like how we shuffled in synchrony to delete the heretic. You miss that subtle detail in the heat of the moment.

Ok, time for more T49 silly bullshit replays. Chode class is BACK IN SESSION.

First off, we have a game on Live Oaks. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3822317#live_oaks-crabeatoff-t49 @dualmaster333 and I have been having a debate about whether or not to go tracks from the N spawn. Its unclear unless you have an overwhelming medium advantage and they actually take the bowl(s) if its worth it. Mostly we end up wasting time dropping back, trying to spot for arty, hoping their mediums are dumb and over-expose. It hasn't been going well. In light of that, he's been promoting middle dominance. We compromised on this match though. You'll see though, that for 2.5 minutes we do basically nothing, lose 4 tanks to their 2, and our WZ-120 who is a sniper is bitching about us not suicide lighting middle for him. So he bitches again, and I decide I'm done with him. You'll see of course that Crabmaster333 is in good form here, being in near perfect unison on dispensing with useless teammate, and then crushing some enemies. 

At 5 minutes in, I've still barely done any damage, but we located and eliminated an AFK, cleared 1 corner and have evened the score to 8-7 with the destruction of the T34 middle. I would do some scouting stuff...but I'm useless! I spot and tag out the 1 Skorp, locate the Bat and the 40/43 and then tag out a second Skorp. Still useless of course. The E4 is in a place that would be good if the swamp was secure, but his demise is basically inevitable with me and dual now scouting opposite sides of the swamp - completely secure vision control (but useless). With the Skorp down to an easy 1 shot, the Bat stuck in the corner and also a 1 shot, I basically just sit in camo and shoot off dual's scouting for a bit - the game is more or less won at this point, which of course makes you wonder why our Foch B is sitting in A0...but since @imoody is healthy and has 3300 dpm, even if dual or I fuck up, we should win this. Ergo the cheeky HEAT shot into the E4 :-D Feelsgoodman. Heck its even a double tap. Our pubs then agree, we suck. 

On the E4 pen. The side is huge, and the rear has no spaced armor. It's a winger of a shot, but since I have time to aim and I'm not sniping for a little weak spot, it felt it was worth it. In a more dire situation, I might choose HE for a guaranteed damage and module wreckage. I also might have just driven up the 1-4's ass like dual did later.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3822429#sand_river-crabeatoff-t49 I give myself a little pep talk at the start of this one, if only because the one pub who makes a comment about top tiers seems not to know of the chode$tarz, At 13 minute mark, our retarded WaffleIV things it gg, game over, which is remarkably premature for a 0:0 game with a reasonable team distribution. He's probably just salty that I didn't suicide scout for him, so he could MAYBE pen a shot. So I ambush the RU, with a beautiful 995 rear pen. This is of course offset by a half aimed kinda bad shot that costs me 500 hp, when i fail to kill him 20s later...but it gets our north team moving. Aspiring chode$tarz, take note of how I check my angles on reload after missing the RU. This preserves hp - yes arty is a threat, but there isn't anything that can be done about it at this moment, so at least I can avoid being shredded by the JT88. Then the L40t is clearly on reload, so I expose before being fully aimed to time it with my reload, make sure I carefully pen him, and get moving (I am indeed worried about arty). Instant switch to HEAT for the JT88. 

Why HEAT this time? Because pubs are fucking awful at clearing overmatches quickly - and T49s are amazing at it, especially in pairs. Pubs fumble around, they flub shots, they shoot the hardest armor, they waste time, they get artied, they awkwardly flank and get shot by TDs  - its a disgrace to behold. I am nimble, agile, fast, and I can shoot this JT88 for 700 pretty easily, leaving my idiots a smaller error margin. I know that Chinese TD is lurking on their base ridge too, so I do give a modest effort to spot it, before going in hard. 

Now I see that the enemy had middle, but we've taken minimal losses and 4:2 with a TK not too bad. I know my idiots are going to stall on this Chinese TD. And the mod1 and T95 are pretty nasty to crack middle too. But if you look at the layout of the map at 11:20 or so, you'll see that we've basically got an assault distribution here, and one that is good. South is almost unloseable if you can control the F5-6 and the K0 corner. Speaking of which, remember when assault mode ever happened? I do, it was useful for learning to play the maps in mid and late game scenarios on regular modes. Too bad WG killed it, probably by accident.

I see the Type 61 is getting frisky. The STB on track is great, because Type 61s are a great deal of fun to shoot. I want to kill the Type 61, but first I want to make sure we're ok to keep K0 corner. I sit in the usual assault first spotting position. The IS-3 is making a dash for the K line, once he's back there he can be VERY painful to dig out, even for a WaffleIV and T30. Luckily I have time to aim, hit and track him,and more IS-3 problems! Now for Type 61 yummy times! Aspiring chode$tarz make note: I let my reticle settle before cresting. This is a great shot for the T49 and should become second nature. There is depression! Let your shit calm down, then peek at moderate forward backward speed, with very minimal mouse inputs. I have a general idea of where the 61 is, so just keep my turret still as possible. When you yolo right up to the edge, auto-aim, fail to pen, over expose thats when you get double tracked by the Lorraine and clipped out, and think your T49 has a sucky gun. It does have a sucky gun, but its not an excuse for poorly executing such a delicious shot as this one. 

So I drop lights as always, have a look around, decide since its like 8-2 we're gonna win, and think to myself "man I haven't penned the tier 9 Chinese TD yet!". He's in a 4v1 and has been holding for like 2 minutes now, but his time has come. A tasty pen and a fire. Lower rear plate wasn't giving me green, but the upper was. Yum. During my elimination of the casemate subhuman, the Super Pershing shoots me twice, so I decide I don't like him. As you can see from both his line and how quickly he turns into me, he has a moderate to major LT boner. This means I have to snap a shot, but I get a nice 382 splash. I am now pretty salty though, so I load up the HEAT and have enough hp to eat a shot on the way in...zoom zoom, watch out for random rocks!, autoaim, and fuck him right int he side. Aspiring chode$tarz - Super Pershings can be penned in the rear and upper side with HE, but HEAT means you can pen more angles, and in this case is a satisfactory FUCK YOU. Especially as the Caern also seems to have a little boneritis. A final juke of his shot is a final fuck you to that team. 

And last one from yesterday http://wotreplays.eu/site/3822512#tundra-crabeatoff-t49 As you can see from the first shot, the T49 gun ...takes a while to aim. I should probably have set up further left, but I was busying singing, dancing and typing out Britney Spears lyrics. Of course WG in their infinitely good map design has given the N spawn of this map secondary access to the hill, and thus secondary access to butts. The M41 is an easy kill, and you can see how the 54LW wants to come after me on reload, but can't, and so I can just drive right back up, aim carefully and put it in his butt. 949 roll, so brutal. And because it worked the first two times, why not do it a third? Its 3-0 105 seconds into the game, and I've got 3 kills and map control on a NON OVERMATCHED SIDE. Dis gun be good! The gameplay from thereafter is not such much instructive as it is enjoyable. Game is over in just over 4 minutes, and would have been a 15-0 but the T30 ammo racked the Bulldog. The lesson here is simply...pen your shots aspiring #chode$tarz. That 54LW could have caused some real trouble there if backed up by a 112 and Jp2!

You might notice some views on that video Marcus. I shared it to reddit. I appreciate a good T49 comp.

Lmao I can totally see the thought process on that E4 revenge shot too.

It basically goes "BUTTS? BUTTS?!?!?!! BUTTS!!"

So... Apparently it's a bad idea to tell platoons of Scouts they suck, I get TK'd enough that I don't really need a platoon going for me

On 9/15/2017 at 9:11 AM, CraBeatOff said:

. I should probably have set up further left, but I was busying singing, dancing and typing out Britney Spears lyrics

You're a little sick.  (Also lesson learned, never tell a scout platoon they suck...apparently they take it personally)

Watched a few of your replays and you always seem to carry premium HE, don't think I've ever seen you use it, what do you carry it for? 

EDIT= Also want to thank you guys for making/posting in this thread.  I've discovered the sheer number of completely useless players running around in T49's with 152, either singularly or in platoons is staggering, playing the 54lt has never been so  much fun.

On 9/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, Canadian_Reaper said:

So... Apparently it's a bad idea to tell platoons of Scouts they suck, I get TK'd enough that I don't really need a platoon going for me

You're a little sick.  (Also lesson learned, never tell a scout platoon they suck...apparently they take it personally)

Watched a few of your replays and you always seem to carry premium HE, don't think I've ever seen you use it, what do you carry it for? 

EDIT= Also want to thank you guys for making/posting in this thread.  I've discovered the sheer number of completely useless players running around in T49's with 152, either singularly or in platoons is staggering, playing the 54lt has never been so  much fun.

Uh, dualmaster told me to bring some premium HE, so I did. There are technically a few shots that move from "no" to "decent chance of full pen" in the 76 to 85mm range, but the thing is, the HEAT is a lot more reliable on those plates, so we'll see if I can adapt to using it, otherwise its mostly just for end-game clutching I guess. I enjoy my revenue positive (with 10k cola) and neutral (with 20k cola) T49!

Just be glad your running into bad T49s, and not the kind that just track you in the open and hit you for 350 and break all your shit :-D

(Ke$ha and Britney give T49 drivers powers, as does rum)

On 9/17/2017 at 9:37 AM, Canadian_Reaper said:

45 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Uh, dualmaster told me to bring some premium HE, so I did.

I never usually TK teammates, but Crab does it so often that it is rubbing off on me :-D

The premium HE is/was an experiment. The idea was that in an end game scenario the difference in potential splash damage could be enough to clutch the game. Crab also mentioned the increase in penetration; this was driven by the change to Foch side armor that went from a juicy 40mm to a marginal 70mm.

Doing the math, using premium HE increases your penetration chance by ~20% for armor in the 70-80mm range. Since those are marginal shots to begin with (you need a good angle) I'd load HEAT anyways or just hold the shot for the butt.

If you check the splash damage increase for premium HE (check the Sheridan thread) the bonus is tiny unless you're hitting fairly far away (like, whiffing into the ground next to a tank distance) so I don't think it has much use for damage potential.

Basically I never load it anymore. But at the same time it doesn't really hurt to carry it. You almost never use all your ammo and if you do, you're just burning a few thousand extra credits. The only place I've actually seen it be a problem was last night where Crab burned through all his HE and was firing HEAT without realizing it.

On 15.09.2017 at 7:13 PM, Trobs said:

You might notice some views on that video Marcus. I shared it to reddit. I appreciate a good T49 comp.

Thanks. I think about making more of them.

-------

For last 137 battles in T49 I reached 69% WR and 4,7k WN8 (wonder what DPB it is). Everything solo. Maybe I should re-work random emblem to "FUN" and buy it for T49.

EDIT: Forgive me this abomination. It's time to sleep...

On 9/18/2017 at 0:11 AM, dualmaster333 said:

When maximum aggression wins a flank:

Reveal hidden contents

cRZbu9H.gif

that was dirty but oddly beautiful

3 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

that was dirty but oddly beautiful

We deployed middle as usual on Esnk. Our team had a small overmatch field but was stalling because of the E3. City was losing because bad players lose brawls. The city was going to be slow though, and had tons of tanks we couldn't do much damage to, and refusing to move into places we could arty them down. So dual made the call to just fucking go for it on clearing the field. It was messy, but brutal, and basically over within that 32s it took to reload twice. We cleared that flank with no further damage taken from our team, and then our field swept into turn a dwindling brawl into a win. 

@rev01ution asked me about my high assisted damage. I wanted to write a big thing about it, but its basically just a combination of: 

Very high view range - 508-520 in the T49. Use all the view skills on your commander. Run cola, and optics. Vents if you can make the gun work.

Staying alive and active - if you're dead, you can't spot. Learn some bushes, don't be afraid to peek a ridge after you've been dark for 20-30s. Relocate frequently and always try to be spotting any open areas or lanes of threat. Aka, vision control

Know your camo and your VR - Properly set up, you negate about 1/3rd of most enemies VR, so ranges from 380-420 are pretty safe. Beyond 420 you're effectively unspottable, You spot everyone who doesn't have 15% or better coverage at 445. 

Here is the replay asked about. Its a pretty good game, on a pretty good map for 152mm LTs. Long distances, bushes, hill, slow paced gameplay. http://wotreplays.eu/site/3830967#swamp-crabeatoff-t49 The only time I recall trying to "spot" in the game is when I determine that the area under the TD ledge is now free of things that can spot me, so I make a run towards them, to see if I can peel them out of camo. And it works. Otherwise, most of the spotting is just incidental towards having high VR, knowing my camo, and being alive and active.

Here are some more T49 games with short write-ups

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3831248#paris-crabeatoff-t49 - Paris sucks, But sometimes your team can bunker, and then you can kill an RU and end-game abuse some tanks. 152mm is best gun. 90mm heretics would lose this match.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3831246#highway-crabeatoff-t49 All the TDs get hella mad salty when the LTs don't suicide scout for them. This was just one of many yesterday where the enemy bitched about us not scouting (you'll see it int he Paris one also), but serious pubbie nerds, I know what I'm doing. Enjoy the 183 pen though, it FeelsGoodMan. 

20 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Thanks. I think about making more of them.

-------

For last 137 battles in T49 I reached 69% WR and 4,7k WN8 (wonder what DPB it is). Everything solo. Maybe I should re-work random emblem to "FUN" and buy it for T49.

EDIT: Forgive me this abomination. It's time to sleep...

I think I need to do the same. Just nothing but T49 videos from now on