Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

977 posts in this topic

From personal experience, fucking up in the Derpidan is far worse than fucking up in the T49.

In unrelated news, I platooned T49 a bunch with @Trobs last night and RNG fucked us both a bunch - culminating in Trobs whiffing a shot over the engine deck of a T-54 ltwt from less than 2 meters away.

I worked real hard on turret locking today, and have been playing with GLD for variety's sake. Result? 2400 dpg over the last 50 battles or so...really working on not blowing those easy pens, and its been working out!

Spoiler contains rewd and lewd things...

ly3TZuu.gif

woFQ1H8.gif

MCIEeTv.gif

Qh9Xzai.gif

Uii0ETq.gif

0SuEvw8.gif

IlAZZ8v.gif

6lVbAKT.gif

I had two consecutive games where I was on heretic removal duty

Gq4gM7S.gif

gqiaDJD.gif

More games where we got the things:

mj3ejoX.gif

LwXfuPl.gif

And perhaps a masterpiece:

8heD4ek.gif

1 hour ago, rev01ution said:

The first step on the path of ascension

3markT49.jpg

*sniff* We've finally raised a little chodestar of our own!

As for that Strv103B...she wasn't as receptive to my advances, so I just blew in her face, set her loins on fire and went on my merry way. Sloppy penetrative seconds for my packmate!

@rev01ution waiting on that big post about what you've done/learned to 3 mark with 152mm! The people wanna know!

1 hour ago, CandyVanMan said:

Fuck it, gonna sell Sheridan and buy back T49.

I personally bought mine, so I could play a worse version of of the T49 and slowly grind out bonds (for the T49) while the T49 is in battle. But aside from this niche use...T49lyfe.

Crab and Dual have shared a lot on the mechanics end of things and I've tried to add all of their stuff into my gameplay. Read this thread and the Sheridan one for all the tips and tricks, the biggest of which when trying to win more/3 mark are having crazy high vision range (500 meters) and good map knowledge. When I finally ditched the gun rammer and ran food with a 3 skill crew I could tell a difference for sure. As for map knowledge, a few examples of new things I learned from them include Steppes North/South, Redshire North, Ruinberg South, Swamp South, Highway South. This stuff alone could be worth a few % on your marks as a conservative estimate.

So then, let me share how I look at my games and maybe it helps someone else achieve fun derp times. The target audience for this isn't super great players because they'll know all this already, but for everyone else here we go!

It's important to recognizing your natural aggression levels- mine lean towards the safe side. Leaning toward the aggresive side isn't bad in any way, it just changes the way you need to modify your gameplay to get max performance. The least desirable outcome is to have a weak game impact for a short amount of time (suicide scouting, big fuck ups etc) and the most desirable is to have a big game impact for the duration of the battle (carrying). Most people are somewhere inbetween those zones either impacting the game in a big way but for less time than desired (you have problems keeping your HP to the late game), or only moderately impacting the game and staying healthy (this is me most of the time). You probably wont need anyone to review your replays to know where you stand here.

Finding more moments to press the action and have a bigger impact was important for me to finish my 3 mark. Of course, this also lead to times when I yolo'd and failed rather miserably as I got a feel for what is too much/too soon. I've got some in-progress learning going on in this area. Dancing around the fine line of game impact/survival is tricky, but this is of course not limited to the T49 at all and is a general WOT skill.

I spend a lot of time watching the minimap. Having 20 second reload windows helps in that regard. Sometimes the 'answer' of what to do will present itself if you're watching. Big enemy TD alone in his base and distracted by your approaching heavies? Yes... I will take your butt, thank you. Same situation except there are 2 unspotted tanks remaining? Approach with caution.

We all have bad habits to break out of to improve. Another big one for me was/is getting sucked into ongoing engagements which are at a stalemate. This is a habit from playing heavies and sometimes I'm not even aware I'm doing it. Clearly that's not what a light tank needs to do, so with some guidance from Crab I'm making an effort to move often and look for where the best opportunities are on the map as the battle develops.

Having an overall count of total enemy tanks spotted needs to be stressed as very important. The map opens up when you know what lanes are being watched. Again this applies to all tanks but is of double importance for good T49 play. I think this is mainly due to the tanks need to stay safe (dont get trapped in a dpm battle or get a big alpha suprise) as well as the T49s ability to deliver 900 damage hits (talk about big game impact!). Your bad habits might be different, if you're unsure ask and someone will tell you.

I haven't mentioned the gun much in this post which might seem weird because it is the most unique feature of the T49 but its one of the aspects of the tank I'm pretty comfortable with and it wasn't stopping me from getting the damage I needed to 3 mark. Again, read the stuff about splashing engine decks and how to keep the aim time under control if you need some help in that area. Lastly.. cycle your HEAT shells into the mix! They are good and can do good things. This is another thing I'm still exploring as I go.

My 2nd step on the path of ascension quickly approaches as I close in on having the T49 become my most played tank.

To be fair, Smylee played his way back when it was a tier 8, but with the 90mm when I faced him :doge: 

Still grinding my T49 atm, so I must apologize for using the 90mm and playing this like a poorly armored but hyper mobile medium tank

T49 - Steppes

Racking up 3.5k dmg in a tier 10 battle does lend some argument to the 90mm gun's effectiveness.

5 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Still grinding my T49 atm, so I must apologize for using the 90mm and playing this like a poorly armored but hyper mobile medium tank

T49 - Steppes

Racking up 3.5k dmg in a tier 10 battle does lend some argument to the 90mm gun's effectiveness.

4 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

implying you can't do that with the 152mm just as easily :bigdoge:

Don't make me start pulling every 3.5k replay. None of us have the time.

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Don't make me start pulling every 3.5k replay. None of us have the time.

idk, I think I could watch them all day...

My Top 5 most destroyed tanks in the T49:

• T49(76)
  • 1390(59)
  • RU251(37)
  • M53/M55(27)
  • M41 Bulldog(25)

mmmmmmmmmm softies...

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

• T49(76)
  • 1390(59)
  • RU251(37)
  • M53/M55(27)
  • M41 Bulldog(25)

mmmmmmmmmm softies...

Where I may check this? Is there website/software to read dossier?

EDIT: You may negrep me for that but I want to show you why derp is best and why you don't fuck with it in any way.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3848395?secret=b32cfdbc897958fea2e0355e01f45dbf

No regrets.

2 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

EDIT: You may negrep me for that but I want to show you why derp is best and why you don't fuck with it in any way.

No regrets.

The WOT Assistant app has your destroyed vehicles for each tank. 

7 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

No regrets.

Neg rep because TK on teammate is always wrong.

Oops, mis clicked the green one...

9 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

No regrets.

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

Paris is great map, because lots of downtime between chances to shoot to shit talk your terrible teammates. Also, you shot the SHIT out of those cars/trucks in middle. And the UDES blocked you even while destroyed...that is pro level terribleness. I am so very very glad he was high rolled! (however we do not condone TKing). And nice giant bloom snap on the back of the 54LW, top fucking kek on that one. 

Would you rather only be able to play T49 and no other tank or have the T49 be the only tank you could never play again

I make this offering tribute to the master chodeblasters:

Twenty four wrecked modules, Five grand and twenty one hundred assisted.
knDjCvl.jpg

44 minutes ago, Kolni said:

Would you rather only be able to play T49 and no other tank or have the T49 be the only tank you could never play again

There are other tanks ?

11 hours ago, Kolni said:

That's not even a question why would I want to play another tank

22 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

• T49(76)
  • 1390(59)
  • RU251(37)
  • M53/M55(27)
  • M41 Bulldog(25)

mmmmmmmmmm softies...

My top 5 most destroyed tanks in the T49 over 1359 battles:

• T49 (93)
  • AMX 13 90 (59) (hey, we're twins)
  • M41 Walker Bulldog (53)
  • Ru251 (36)
  • Blackdog (33)

Other fun things:

Most destroyed TD - Roomba (26)

Most destroyed SPG - 53/55 (24)

Most destroyed Medium - T-54 (20)

Most destroyed Heavy - M103(16)

Most destroyed tier 10 - Batchat 25t (14)

22 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

That RNG, you never know what will be clicked.

20 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Paris is great map, because lots of downtime between chances to shoot to shit talk your terrible teammates. Also, you shot the SHIT out of those cars/trucks in middle. And the UDES blocked you even while destroyed...that is pro level terribleness. I am so very very glad he was high rolled! (however we do not condone TKing). And nice giant bloom snap on the back of the 54LW, top fucking kek on that one. 

It's a pure balance - I sacrifice shots into trucks for one good hit with Texas size reticle. Also I do not consider this as a team kill. Team mate fights red tanks, not green ones. I've just fixed MM bug. 

18 hours ago, Kolni said:

T49 of course. It's not only great fun machine and rage one in the same time (I really don't like missing from 5 meters or do not pen paper) but also a tank that doesn't give a damn about armor inflation.