Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1,070 posts in this topic

that moment when he turned is tank around completely around for Dualmaster.. you just know what's coming next.. crabeatoff wringing his hands in delight thinking buttsbuttsbuttsbuttsbuttsbuttsbutts.

He's mad that auto aim can't lock through walls... but I don't think he was ever unlit ,no? Either that or you just had your turret locked and were pre-aiming the corner?

1 minute ago, kreigermann said:

that moment when he turned is tank around completely around for Dualmaster.. you just know what's coming next.. crabeatoff wringing his hands in delight thinking buttsbuttsbuttsbuttsbuttsbuttsbutts.

He's mad that auto aim can't lock through walls... but I don't think he was ever unlit ,no? Either that or you just had your turret locked and were pre-aiming the corner?

Its almost certainly the second option of pre-aiming except maybe that real quick one by dual from the castle near the beginning. I just watched that game again, tons of laughs in 5 minutes.

You little shits with your laser beams and autoaim cheats. LMFAO

You can't hit shots like that with autoaim. You have to lock the turret and ease out after aiming down first.

Afterwards, he says Crab probably wasn't cheating, but who knows about that BULBA guy? Haha

I'll put my replay up this afternoon. <3 @OldMonkei your salt specialization came through on this one, and thank you for your kind words post battle. What dual and i have done is take all the frustration of rng, arty, corridor meta, T49 gun handling and no frontal weak points and sublimate those feelings to the general pubbielic. Its a transcendental work. We've mobilized the bungholio brigade, the derp reapers...and there is no turning back.

3 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I'll put my replay up this afternoon. <3 @OldMonkei your salt specialization came through on this one, and thank you for your kind words post battle. What dual and i have done is take all the frustration of rng, arty, corridor meta, T49 gun handling and no frontal weak points and sublimate those feelings to the general pubbielic. Its a transcendental work. We've mobilized the bungholio brigade, the derp reapers...and there is no turning back.

Wow, that's deep.. I just like appearing out of nowhere and dropping my hot, angry 152mm load into tank ass.

33 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

30 minutes ago, rev01ution said:

Its almost certainly the second option of pre-aiming except maybe that real quick one by dual from the castle near the beginning. I just watched that game again, tons of laughs in 5 minutes.

I pretty much never autoaim in the T49. For those shots I went first person and mostly aimed in, pulled out just far enough to take the shot, and added a little extra aiming until the enemy turret started turning my way. Some of my shots could easily have missed, but this was one of the games where your RNG is working and you hit everything. Well, I did miss one shot from close range that would have been good to connect.

There was a moment when the two IS-7s and two Super Conqs were pushing on our tanks where Crab said we needed to get out of there. About 60 seconds and two dead Conqs later, we decided to stick around...

And yeah, most of their tanks were lit the whole time. I could third person watch them around corners. So it was pretty easy to avoid taking hits. T49s can brawl too!

5 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

I pretty much never autoaim in the T49. For those shots I went first person and mostly aimed in, pulled out just far enough to take the shot, and added a little extra aiming until the enemy turret started turning my way. Some of my shots could easily have missed, but this was one of the games where your RNG is working and you hit everything. Well, I did miss one shot from close range that would have been good to connect.

There was a moment when the two IS-7s and two Super Conqs were pushing on our tanks where Crab said we needed to get out of there. About 60 seconds and two dead Conqs later, we decided to stick around...

Thanks for the clarification. 

I worded my post awkwardly.. the first part was just pointing out about the auto-aim plus accusation.. I don't think they were ever unlit.. so even if you were using auto aim.. .that it was a moot point.  Either way, thanks for the much needed laughs.

I am indeed the infamous shitter ;-)  

I will never be purple and hope like fuck to never ever stoop to red again but feeling like the red headed stop child, it is my salty duty to create entertainment in my stream. 

Being stuck between less experienced players who seem to have no RNG to purples who play hard around the same players creates a salt vortex I must fill. 

If I had some of you smiling or giggling, awesome, I like to introduce myself as your comic relief :trump:

Not sure about that Bulba guybut Crab is a fuckin good player 

I just did 15.4 in a T49! Running around like a chicken with my head cut off, got absolutely incredibly lucky several time. 

Got a little salty at the end because I thought I had just missed it, but the E5 won it for us and got the "with honors" for me. 

Holy shit I am stoked!  Got 15.3 in the T49 too a long time ago.

Here's the game, assuming anyone is interested. And you SHOULD BE! Just to make me feel good. And I already feel pretty damn good about it :).

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3918444#swamp-treeburst-t49

10 hours ago, Treeburst said:

I just did 15.4 in a T49! Running around like a chicken with my head cut off, got absolutely incredibly lucky several time. 

Got a little salty at the end because I thought I had just missed it, but the E5 won it for us and got the "with honors" for me. 

Holy shit I am stoked!  Got 15.3 in the T49 too a long time ago.

Here's the game, assuming anyone is interested. And you SHOULD BE! Just to make me feel good. And I already feel pretty damn good about it :).

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3918444#swamp-treeburst-t49

>open replay link

>PqGDHFo.png

>nice

well done dude

I would like admittance into the Chode$tarz - I cleaned out my depot, trying to afford a new tank last night, and saw that I still had the 90mm for the T49. My immediate thought, "Whelp, I'm never gonna use that gun ever again... Bai!" as I sold it.

Have I cleansed appropriately for admittance?

11 minutes ago, Errants said:

I would like admittance into the Chode$tarz - I cleaned out my depot, trying to afford a new tank last night, and saw that I still had the 90mm for the T49. My immediate thought, "Whelp, I'm never gonna use that gun ever again... Bai!" as I sold it.

Have I cleansed appropriately for admittance?

You must cut down the mightiest TD on the enemy team with... A herring 152mm HE round!

And then post a gif of it.

59 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

You must cut down the mightiest TD on the enemy team with... A herring 152mm HE round!

And then post a gif of it.

Will work on half of that... No clue on how to make a GIF out of a replay, never bothered to learn how.

1 hour ago, Errants said:

Will work on half of that... No clue on how to make a GIF out of a replay, never bothered to learn how.

Press printscreen key 24 times per second and then open the first one in some graphic browser. Next step is to start recording your screen as video and go to next pic as fast as you can. Save video and upload it here.

I'm not drunk :kappa:

10 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

Press printscreen key 24 times per second and then open the first one in some graphic browser. Next step is to start recording your screen as video and go to next pic as fast as you can. Save video and upload it here.

I'm not drunk :kappa:

Instructions unclear, dick stuck in fan.

7 minutes ago, Errants said:

Instructions unclear, dick stuck in fan.

Dat RNG.

----

Jingles made a video with T49

Who loads HEAT against T95? Its butt is so sweet HE lover.

1 hour ago, MacusFlash said:

Who loads HEAT against T95? Its butt is so sweet HE lover.

Someone with only 2 stars on their chode.

In today's edition of [email protected], I will list my 5 favorite T49 maps as well as my 5 least favorite. Let's start with the bad:

THE BAD:

#5: Abbey - The biggest problem is that the engagement ranges are all wrong for a T49. To start it is all close in fighting but usually in lanes where you can get shot from other places which means you have to be super cautious and hope one of the retards isn't in a unusual spot. Once you can actually take control of the middle, you are then left with bad engagement ranges to the enemy base. The open fields between the Abbey and the bases are too big to cross safely, but they are too small to view range abuse them. There's no good place to spot the bases without getting lit yourself. Not to mention each base has strategically positioned bushes to give the bushwankers infinite camo but perfect vision of the approaches. At least sometimes you can do some flanking and get some booty.

#4: Airfield - This map is straightforward and easy to play; it plays out almost the same way every time. It's just SO BORING. You just dick around in the middle, being super cautious early, and just try to slow grind down enemies. Really you're just sitting there hoping that your dumbs win the north. This map is slightly saved from the west side because you can do some fun nesting and direct fire arty. If your game is going to be boring, at least you can annoy the hell out of some heavies.

#3: Highway - Another map with awkward engagement ranges for a T49. Due to WG's fantastic map design, the giant open field of the north somehow ends up being nothing more than a narrow lane with close range engagements. Even if you help win the field, pushing into the enemy base can be completely stalled by just a few tanks. For reference, see every tier 10 battle ever on this map. So then you think maybe I'll just go town and help win the brawl. But then somehow a minute into the battle your team has already lost the north and your base and then you have to listen to pubbie bitching about how light tanks are supposed to go north. Basically your ability to project power on this map is minimal.

#2: Windstorm - This map feels awful in almost every tank. Basically the entire map is a network of corridors and yet somehow you can't even do fun flanking moves like in other city maps. In a T49 you basically just play passive for most of the game, hope your team doesn't disintegrate, and maybe at the end you get a chance to zoom zoom. I've had exactly one fun game on this map purely due to the double T49 deletion of a full health grille. Every other game has not been fun because I've been slamming my head against the desk out of boredom.

#1: My most hated T49 Map

Steppes - This is some impressive map design where they turned a giant open landscape into exactly 3 narrow corridors where all the engagements happen at close range. This map really sucks for a T49; there just aren't good spots where you can aim down from camo or draw range. So fighting on 1-2 or 8-9 just doesn't work very well. The middle generally sucks for anything after the first 30 seconds. I feel so unable to influence the outcome of this map in this tank. We've tried supporting the 1-2 push, we've tried supporting the 8-9 push, we've tried pushing through middle, we've tried flexing to get an overmatch or slow a losing flank. Somehow the other flank always loses badly or after winning their flank proceed to suicide into enemy TDs camped near the bases. We've kind of figured out some things to do from the south side to stall or hold a flank, but the north side just seems awful. The map just favors brawlers with some armor and good gun handling which is everything a T49 is not.

THE GOOD:

#5: Erlenberg - There's a lot of long vision lanes and good bushes for engagement. Both sides of the map have useful early spotting positions. A lot of movement and probing is rewarded. Often games will have multiple time where you advance, spot/shoot, and then run away. It feels pretty dynamic and actually takes some thinking to execute. The middle town offers some useful spotting and flanking opportunities. Then there's also the option to entirely switch sides if the tank count is favorable. This map will occasionally devolve into a strong east/west camp, but usually some strong T49 play prevents this from happening.

#4: Redshire - Once again, this map provides a number of openers that provide useful vision or damage and can be particularly fun when you delete a softie. Later, a good read of tank deployments can usually tell you where to apply pressure. It's common to work through the middle or direct fire arty heavies on the 0 line. As the match progresses there's ample opportunities to exert vision control and turn the game in your favor. This game also has a tendency to provide more late game hard carries due to a nice mixture of cover and open spaces with a lot of room to move around the map (almost the entire map is actually usable space).

#3: Westfield - I feel like my play on this map has become pretty formulaic. In a fun way though. Early spots on the south side net some good shots (and often some amusing pens). After two or three minutes everyone south is safely behind their hill, so you leave there and head north. The north brawl is usually a fun one with opportunities to flank and poke on distracted fatties. And to feel their anger and frustration as you chodeslap them to death. Once things are thinned out there's almost always a booty to be had. After north is won, there's three possible outcomes. Your team won south and the game is over. South is 100% stagnant like it was several minutes ago when you left (common). Or your dumbs lost and now it is time to put on your carry pants as you deal with their team trying to cap you out. The third outcome is the most fun and win or loss it usually ends up being exciting while also requiring some thinking and good play.

#2: Lakeville - 520 view range and good camo make playing the spotting game from the edge of town a lot of fun. Watch their TDs get viciously punished when their team hasn't even spotted a tank. See their confusion as they slowly try to back up to safety. Verbally mock all your bads who are sitting in the middle. Once the brawl joins up in town find the best way to annoy the hell out of some heavies. And assuming you can win town, more spotting is needed as you attempt to push into their base area. This map is one of the better producers for high assisted damage.

#1: Cliff - Hands down the best T49 opener in the game. Since some light/medium on the enemy team will attempt to go hill in almost 100% of games you can set up to punish it right off the bat. And it just so happens that you can punish it from a spot that is almost 100% safe. So many matches on cliff will start out with a solid booty pen and, if your chodefriend is with you, an easy deletion. After the opener there are plenty of angles, bushes, and distances to work with. Eventually you can usually get up hill with minimal HP loss and proceed to be a giant pain in the ass to two-thirds of the map. Deck pens are common. 500 meter arty shots are the norm. If the pubbies try to challenge your control of the hill you have 152 reasons why that's a bad idea. Even when your pubbies completely potato and you end up losing, this map still provides more laughs than any other.

56 minutes ago, Tanager said:

@dualmaster333 Where does Sand River fit in there?  That always seems to me to be one of the maps where good scout play can make the biggest difference.

I went through the map pool and picked out maps that I liked. I ended up with 6 maps in total. Sand River was the sixth. It's a solid LT map (especially in assault mode) and can really teach vision kiting; there's not much in the way of bushes so vision games involve dancing in that range of you-can-see-them-but-they-can't-see you. I feel like it produces interesting games less often than the top 5. It's still one billion times better than windstorm though.

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

It's still one billion times better than windstorm though.

I think a parking lot 500 meters on a side would be better than windstorm.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, Errants said:

You can do what dual said, or you can download OBS (or use shadowplay if you have an Nvidia card, or whatever AMD's thing is for AMD cards) and record the 15 or so seconds of the shot you want to gif, and then upload it to gfycat.com or imgur.  It takes a while but if you strip out the audio somehow (I use sony vegas pro but there's probably a much better/easier way than that) then the filesize is vastly reduced and it uploads much faster.

5 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

I went through the map pool and picked out maps that I liked. I ended up with 6 maps in total. Sand River was the sixth. It's a solid LT map (especially in assault mode) and can really teach vision kiting; there's not much in the way of bushes so vision games involve dancing in that range of you-can-see-them-but-they-can't-see you. I feel like it produces interesting games less often than the top 5. It's still one billion times better than windstorm though.

What about Mountain pass? I assume it's on the "dislike" side, but at least I like north way more than south on that map.

56 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

You can do what dual said, or you can download OBS (or use shadowplay if you have an Nvidia card, or whatever AMD's thing is for AMD cards) and record the 15 or so seconds of the shot you want to gif, and then upload it to gfycat.com or imgur.  It takes a while but if you strip out the audio somehow (I use sony vegas pro but there's probably a much better/easier way than that) then the filesize is vastly reduced and it uploads much faster.

What about Mountain pass? I assume it's on the "dislike" side, but at least I like north way more than south on that map.

Mountain pass was a candidate for worst five. 4 corridors, two of them are awful and the other two are merely bad.  A mediocre opener followed by dicking around until something opens up.....which often never happens.