Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1,070 posts in this topic

Sacrilegious? Hilarious? Not a "booty shot" but 1k+ damage to another T-49. First attempt at a gif but got my first MOE so why not?

Recently I spent all my bonds on getting an improved v.stab on the T49, and I have 0 regrets. The 2 biggest benefits I've noticed is the ability to snap shot tanks much easier, and the removal of a lot of rng when trying to pen tanks. You can insta-poke out on tanks within 300m away, fire and still hit without sitting still and aiming in the open. I remember playing on Fisherman's bay without the improved v.stab, and I'd sit behind a building, let the aim circle shrink, poke forward and shoot at a tank 100m away but still barely miss because rng said no. With the improved v.stab, the aim circle is small enough that rng doesn't screw you over like that, and you can land those shots while still maintaing minimal exposure. When I first started playing the tank and went to pen a tank such as an E4's rear, I found that even if I was practically on his butt, I had to let the aim circle settle a little so that rng wouldn't make the shell go too far left or right and turn into a non pen. With the improved v.stab, not only do I not have to sit and let the aiming circle shrink, but I don't even have to stop! I can drive by and get those pens without worrying about my shell shooting way off from where I aimed it because the aim circle is smaller, and no longer allows it. That means I have less exposure time, less chance of the tank turning and forcing me to rush the shot, less chance of a non-pen. My dpg, which hovered at 1750 when I got my 3-mark, is now 1858 and still rises due to the extra 300-600 dmg per game from the shot that now hits/pens due to the improved v.stab. It's "100%" worth the bonds.

Dal17Gq.jpg

Last session in this tank started with me penning and torching a Batchat 21 seconds into the match for 1366hp. Next game mopping up I hit the single pixel available, one-shotting a scumbag at max render range. Is this the one tank where the good rng memories tend to wash over the bad?

2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

Last session in this tank started with me penning and torching a Batchat 21 seconds into the match for 1366hp. Next game mopping up I hit the single pixel available, one-shorting a scumbag at max render range. Is this the one tank where the good rng memories tend to wash over the bad?

We kind of discussed this a while ago but yes, this tank embraces the RNG. Your expectation with this gun is to wreck some dirt. So hitting anything is amusing. But then you get those glorious on-the-move pixel shots that can make a whole session enjoyable. 

After more VERY IMPORTANT DISCUSSION with dualmaster I present some data. Improved vStab is a given (see above for @TheChang's successes). Improved optics is ALSO a given. Although per our discussion, that is likely the last slot to be upgraded. So the question comes down to...improved rammer or improved vents. After too many hours of CRITICAL CONSULTATION, and me messing with some stuff in garage, here is the data. I'd be curious about what @rev01ution has to say though, because I know he's messed with a bunch of directives. The reason optics goes last is because its not a weakness of the T49 per-se. You cannot give up optics even with improved vents (at least in my best known play style), because you lose out on 46+12=58, of view range. 477m view range isn't worth -2s off the reload. These other things in the table below...they seem to be, especially the aim-time, accuracy and 1% camo. The estimate of terrain resist is hard I wasn't able to use garage numbers, but basically...its like your tank will accelerate a bit faster, and traverse quicker. 

Imp Rammer Imp Vents
Reload 18.06 20.01
DPM 3023 2729
Aim-time 3.23 3.13
Accuracy 0.54 0.52
Camo 32.52 33.45
View Range (assuming iOptics) 520 535
Track Traverse 52.97 53.58
Terrain Resist Estimated -

-0.02 hard, -.03 medium

I tried out a few different combos on the test server before buying the i.vstab on live. My least favorite was using i.gld. The aim time does get under 3 sec, but usually if you have time to aim, you're in cover. Reducing max bloom with i.vstab things is much more useful. i.vstab is a must, no matter what else you use. I tried dropping i.optics for i.vents and i.rammer, (using vents directive) and the vr was around 480 iirc. After 1-2 games where I was surprised I wasn't instant-spotting things at 445m, I decided I don't like being under 500m vr, so I threw i.optics back on and took out i.rammer. The only reason why I'd use i.vents over i.rammer, is because it increases final accuracy. The majority of your shots with the T49 will be fully aimed in, and vents should help those to hit a bit more. With this, I used the vents directive to further increase final accuracy. This combo is quite nice, just improving everything that I'm already used to, and a competitor for best combo imo. Then I took out i.vents for i.rammer, and these two combos I switched back and forth for awhile. When running i.rammer, I used the v-stab directive to help decrease bloom, especially since I don't have the little bit decreased aim time from i.vents anymore. Reloading every 18 sec is very nice, especially when chode-slapping, and your reload is the only thing that really matters. Eventually after playing a few games switching back from using i.vents or i.rammer, I decided on i.rammer. Imo, the extra .02-.03 accuracy you gain from using i.vents and the vents directive isn't worth the 2 sec longer reload. When shooting from range, you never really count on your shots hitting where you want anyways, and the little bit of extra accuracy is not as big as a 2 sec less reload. I might do more testing later to be 100% sure, but for now, my choice is i.vstab, i.optics, and i.rammer, using the vstab directive.

3 minutes ago, TheChang said:

I tried out a few different combos on the test server before buying the i.vstab on live. My least favorite was using i.gld. The aim time does get under 3 sec, but usually if you have time to aim, you're in cover. Reducing max bloom with vstab things is much more useful. vstab is a must, no matter what else you use. I tried dropping optics for vents and rammer, (using vents directive) and the vr was around 480 iirc. After 1-2 games where I was surprised I wasn't instant-spotting things at 445m, I decided I don't like being under 500m vr, so I threw optics back on and took out rammer. The only reason why I'd use vents over rammer, is because it increases final accuracy. The majority of your shots with the T49 will be fully aimed in, and vents should help those to hit a bit more. With this, I used the vents directive to further increase final accuracy. This combo is quite nice, just improving everything that I'm already used to, and a competitor for best combo imo. Then I took out vents for rammer, and these two combos I switched back and forth for awhile. When running rammer, I used the v-stab directive to help decrease bloom, especially since I don't have the little bit decreased aim time from vents anymore. Reloading every 18 sec is very nice, especially when chode-slapping, and your reload is the only thing that really matters. Eventually after playing a few games switching back from using i.vents or i.rammer, I decided on i.rammer. Imo, the extra .02-.03 accuracy you gain from using i.vents and the vents directive isn't worth the 2 sec longer reload. When shooting from range, you never really count on your shots hitting where you want anyways, and the little bit of extra accuracy is not as big as a 2 sec less reload. I might do more testing later to be 100% sure, but for now, my choice is i.vstab, i.optics, and i.rammer, using the vstab directive.

So you didn't notice or feel the 1% camo and 15m view range and the minor mobility and aim time? Just the final accuracy?

It's worth noting that 18s reloads become exponentially more valuable when slapping with a chode friend.

20 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

So you didn't notice or feel the 1% camo and 15m view range and the minor mobility and aim time? Just the final accuracy?

It's worth noting that 18s reloads become exponentially more valuable when slapping with a chode friend.

From looking alone, I wanted vents. Mostly because I don't play with rammer now, and am used to 20s reload. It was only after testing that I settled with rammer because I really liked having an 18 sec reload. With vents everything just feels a little extra comfy. I think these are the 2 best combos, and it's just up to player preference and choosing the one that fits you better.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3972324#ruinberg-errants-t49

I submit this humble replay of choding. Out of shape, but this On-Track will help that.

Stated in the replay description, but it's basically mediocre and cowardly gameplay... though I have two great shots with 900+ pen and fire on the T-100 at the start, and another 900+ pen and fire, leaving the T92 at 2 digit HP from full about 2/3rds in. Need to get more T49 love, though, this week. On Track is great incentive, and I need to work on pimping people for the Sheridan. (Unsure where I'm getting the crew for it, though... Currently have Chaffee, T21, T37, T71 OG, M41, and T49 for US lights, with various level crews... who gets cut? And who the fuck inflated the T71 poseur's crew to 4? I realize it keeps the line consistent, but now I can't temp bring my OG crew over for the On Track)

Purchased: Equipment 'Stabilizing Equipment System' successfully purchased (1 item(s)).
You spent bond:  5,000.

Equipment 'Stabilizing Equipment System' mounted on vehicle.

Its a new era boys

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6z95aaaabaa9pem/A New Derp Era.zip

rpBMNvog.jpg

rpBMNvo.jpg?1

You should record a battle in training room with standard vstab and with improved. I'd like to see difference but it's too late :(

With my current state of free time I will earn 5k bonds in like 3 years. 

Alright I've had ~35 battles now of my newly upgraded T49. It's frankly amazing. The turret bloom used to be "arty", now it's "T30". Yes because of 0.53 base accuracy you're going to get big bloom on big movements, but the smaller adjustments - like when an arty you've aimed down on starts to trundle away - no longer mean a huge re-aiming window. Legit the T30 without snapshot is 0.23 and the ivstab T49 is 0.24. And 0.07 on tracks bloom is crazy good. Crest to peek has been good since the move to tier 9, but now it's glorious.

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON ENEMIES:

AMX65t - 30mm deck means good splashes from the front, as long as you hit low on the turret. Sides and back are 80/60mm respectively. Thats a HEAT pen then. Rear isn't HE penetrable reliably like the TD and auto-loading HT line. 

AMX 51 - 40mm decks mean the front won't be a nice when chodeslapping. BUT the sides and back are tasty. The side hull is 60mm, which the rear 2/3rds of turret is 80mm. Both are huge targets, HE or HEAT will work well, especially at distance. Even significant angles will let HEAT pen. Rear is a tasty 40mm though with no spaces armor, and the turret rear is also 40mm. Yum.

AMX 54 - same as the 51. 

Badger - Frontal decks are 60mm (above the boobs and below the gun). You're gonna get weak splashes on these. Sides are also a pain, the casemate is 152 and slightly angled, so you're only HEAT penning on high rolls. Rear is a tasty 38mm, including the rear of the top part. Rear side is 100mm, on a hittable but thin area above tracks. If you're very flat and very sneaky you could HEAT pen this, but it wouldn't be my go-to shot. 

Shorter version:

Tier 8 Frenchie - load HEAT (for pens on side and rear)

Tier 9+10 Frenchies - load HE (HEAT on sides for higher probability)

Tier 8+9 Brit TDs - load HEAT (50/50 chance to pen sides, 100% rear)

Tier 10 Brit TD - load HE and getdabooty