Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1,045 posts in this topic

I had a pretty dismal night solo playing last night.  But I did shoot a Panther 2 in the butt, set him on fire, and do him in for 1500 with one shot, so I got that going for me.  I guess.

So hey guys apparently this is happening soon:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/bonds-the-grand-hunt/

tl;dr get 100 bonds a day for being top 10 on team in 15 battles (win or lose, apparently, so basically play 15 battles a day)

get 150 bonds a day for getting 13k xp

If you want your iVstabs and shit this is the time

Quick question for the Chodestars...

Given the above, if some skrub cobbles together enough bonds for a piece of Improved Equipment which one first?  (iVstab, iVents, iOptics)

47 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

iVstab is definitely my first choice if I ever scrape up enough bonds.

Tx PG, that's my initial guess too, however I seem to recall some discussion (perhaps wrongly) between iVents and iVstab.  Having said that, I cant seem to find that reference in the thread...

Now for your daily dose of Saturday morning violent cartoons (also wow either I got lucky or the forum finally fixed gfycat embeds!)

This time on HEAT Shells and Handbrake Turns: Off with his head!  

Also, I've finally started my crew's fifth skills. 

Commander is starting Recon because max VR, Gunner is starting Repairs since everything else except Firefighting is a Perk, Driver is starting Clutch Braking and may switch it to preventative maintenance when it hits 100% in a year since I run food now, and Loader is also starting Repairs because lol Loader skill choices.

I haven't played the tank (or really the game, for that matter) since the T10 LTs introduction some time back, so I've been super happy with what happened to the T49 in the meantime. The T9 version's mobility/gun handling improvements make the tank so much nicer to play, and the extra hitpoints let you play extra lazy. True American comfort has been bestowed on my favorite LT! I'm not really caught up on if the MM weight of a T9 LT is worse than the old T8s, but it certainly feels worth it if this was the result. So good!

19 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I haven't played the tank (or really the game, for that matter) since the T10 LTs introduction some time back, so I've been super happy with what happened to the T49 in the meantime. The T9 version's mobility/gun handling improvements make the tank so much nicer to play, and the extra hitpoints let you play extra lazy. True American comfort has been bestowed on my favorite LT! I'm not really caught up on if the MM weight of a T9 LT is worse than the old T8s, but it certainly feels worth it if this was the result. So good!

Welcome back to the light, brother.

2 games last night to relieve stress, set on fire both games, no Fe as running food. What's the fucking chances. Just logged out.

I've noticed that the best fire prevention strategy is to just not get shot.

I'm working on it still but I think it has promise :disco:

Another one.  It's gonna suck if they ever make you start taking splash damage from nearby ammorack explosions.

@dualmaster333 gets credit for this

Obj 263/263B (Tier 9 TD)
Front: Splash engine deck (30mm)
Sides: HEAT (80mm everywhere)
Rear: HE/HEAT (50mm, avoid hitting spoiler)
Summary: Load HEAT because you can always take the side if you can't get the booty

Obj 268v4 (Tier 10 TD)
Front: Upper plate (100mm) or splash deck
Sides: HEAT for rear half of superstructure, everything else HE
Rear: Huge 45mm goodness
Summary: Just throw HE at it

Obj 430 (Tier 9 medium)
Front: Steeply sloped portions below the turret are only 40mm
Sides: HE for splash
Rear: HE (40mm hull butt, 63mm turret back)
Summary: HE effective from all directions

Obj 430U (Tier 10 medium)
Front: Deck is only 30mm, splash if you can
Sides: Spaced armor above tracks, no good shots
Rear: 45mm booty, 63mm flat box on back of turret
Summary: HE all day, erry day

IS-M (Tier 8 heavy)
Front: 40mm deck, everything else is thick
Sides: Thick armor everywhere, 120mm above tracks possible to HEAT but not very large
Rear: HEAT, sloped 80mm hull, 120mm turret
Summary: HEAT for butts, otherwise HE and "nice angling bro"

Obj 705 (Tier 9 Heavy)
Front: 40mm deck, 60mm roof, thick everywhere else
Sides: Spaced above tracks, steep angles, just stick to HE
Rear: HEAT! 60mm hull, 70mm turret, too sloped for HE but large and HEATable
Summary: HEAT for butts!

Obj 705A (Tier 10 Heavy)
Summary: Same story as 705 - HEAT for butts!

Obj 257 (Tier 9 Heavy)
Front: Nice 45mm sloped sections under mantlet
Sides: Some space armor, not good HEAT territory
Rear: HEAT for large, sloped 70mm butt
Summary: HEAT for butts

On the Obj 257 is the fairly large 30mm turret roof worth trying to hit with HE or is it a trap for average players such as myself.

If you're above them, by all means shoot it. If not, I personally haven't found my T49 able to aim for such small things. I'd just shoot at the gun mantlet and splash into the 45mm deck.

Keep getting up to around 93%, then have a run of bad games and bring it back down around the 90. It's my go to fun tank but I'm not having as much fun as I keep seeing how close I am to 3 marking.... Greer, need to get it over the line so I can relax

20 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

@dualmaster333 gets credit for this

Obj 705 (Tier 9 Heavy)
Front: 40mm deck, 60mm roof, thick everywhere else
Sides: Spaced above tracks, steep angles, just stick to HE
Rear: HEAT! 60mm hull, 70mm turret, too sloped for HE but large and HEATable
Summary: HEAT for butts!

Obj 705A (Tier 10 Heavy)
Summary: Same story as 705 - HEAT for butts!

For these two on flat ground it's actually potentially viable to gold HE the rear.  I tanks.gg'd it and at most shots you'd have while on the same elevation you're looking at 76-80mm effective.

So if you really want to ball out... there's that.

Personally, I'll be using HEAT unless I'm on a hill behind them.  Just figured I'd throw that one out there.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElegantCrowdedEggChefFrank

So it probably wasn't actually worth it... but it was totally worth it.  It wasn't the only damage I did that game but it was the only pen :( 

I did have a 4k damage game later that night on Kharkov, which is... well, oddly enough, and I think I've mentioned this before, but I always seem to do better in this tank on Kharkov than on any other city map.

On the plus side I got a full HE pen plus fire kill on a full health T29 last night.  On the minus side, in the same game - I shot the side of a 257 at point blank aim on a drive by and did 0 damage - sad panda.  Also whiffed an easy kill shot on a low health 13-90 and got clipped out.  0-3, not a happy chode night, but that T29 one shot was nice.