Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1,072 posts in this topic

Awww shit, this thread has officially broken 1000 posts.

:epicsaxguy::party:

Had my 23rd (I think) ace game on Erlenberg today.  What I enjoy about this one is that, barring one low-hp kill shot, I penned every shot I hit on the Eastern flank.  Only one miss, too.

Anyways, today's lesson for me was how to seek butts more effectively.  I hope my fellow Chode$tarz approve.

First up, a surprise blast to the T49 cresting the hill.  I'm not quite certain, but A. I got lucky by not hitting the fence or the fence post, and B. I think he got unlucky and hit the fence post instead of potentially hitting me.

Killed him with the next shot, he had like 60 hp left.

Next up, after some unsuccessful fucking about with a 13 90 in mid (that was the missed shot I had), I return to the hill looking for targets of opportunity.  Their sniping 111 1-5 had just fired and it looks like nobody else is paying attention, so I'm thinking I can swing down and get the 54 ltwt's butt and scoot out to the left to get away.  Instead, he's paying attention, and I don't want to risk a side shot, so I forgo it and quickly switch targets... because while he might have been alert to the danger, the M103 was not:

I love that the gfycat URL for that one starts with "hilarious", because it certainly was that.  RNG was really with me there, too.

Of course, good things come to those who wait, and 20 seconds later their 54 ltwt makes the mistake of going at our Mauschen.  So I take a go at him while he's distracted:

https://gfycat.com/DopeyMenacingEyelashpitviper

... and their T-54 bounces my ass. Lmao.

Clearly, it broke something in his mind, because after killing our Mauschen, he too forgets that I'm still there and goes after... uh, something.

After that I loaded a HEAT round for the 111 1-5's butt, which wasn't needed, so I put it into the Jtiger instead (which was only 400ish damage so whatever, not worth posting) and their other heavy dies before I'm even close to reloaded.

But as a bonus gif, I steal the last two kills of the game for fun and profit:

https://gfycat.com/SparseNarrowEnglishpointer

I'm telling you, I really need Controlled Impact.  I will admit I was trying to build up enough speed for the goomba, but well... we can't have everything in life, he was already nearly cresting the hill before I got there.

e: apparently, even with spoiler tags it still lags the shit out of the page to post all 5 gfys at once so I'm just gonna make them links

Ok, so I removed the derp to try 3 mark with the 90 or 105, whatever it is.

Got back from my 89% slump to 93. Think I'll try the final push with the DPM gun then switch back if I can get the 95%. 

Anyone done similar to 3 mark?

On 2/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, Copeyhagen said:

Ok, so I removed the derp to try 3 mark with the 90 or 105, whatever it is.

Got back from my 89% slump to 93. Think I'll try the final push with the DPM gun then switch back if I can get the 95%. 

Anyone done similar to 3 mark?

HERESY

tbh I think Crab said he first three-marked it with the small gun but has broken 95% with the derp several times since.

e: I should point out this was well before the change that made the 90mm gun actually good

Haha thanks for the downvote!! I'm obviously not at the same level as ye are, so I would be happy to get the 3rd mark no matter what gun 

Put the derp back on last night. Fuck it, wasn't having fun trying to chase the 3rd mark, just gonna play for fun again, of it happens, it happens. 

I just opened this thread because I was going to put a bounty out for a 268v4 GIF, but there was already one waiting for me. @PlanetaryGenocide delivers yet again!

7 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I would not have been able to resist that ram,

It's 75 tons!?

frick those thangs.

Yes. I wholeheartedly agree. Frick those thangs straight to heck!

Call me crazy, but the derp actually makes a ton of sense on a fast tank that wants to minimize its exposure time. There's nothing wrong with the 90mm, but to get anything out of it you need put yourself in the line of fire and stay there for long enough until the DPM stacks up. Concentrating all your firepower into just one big shot means you can make hit-n-run/ambush attacks and bail as soon as the one shot clears your barrel. Even autoloaders have an unload time that they have to fully expend to be efficient. And the time spent reloading can be used productively to active scout and/or re-position.

Of course, the elephant in the room is that the accuracy is terrible. But at most ranges the difference in base spread alone isn't going to be as relevant as shell velocity and dispersion penalties. 683 m/s is actually pretty good for such a big HE shell. And the dispersion penalties are 0.10/0.10/0.36, so all the cancer is concentrated on turret traverse. Lock that turret as need be and that can be at least partially avoided. Some shots will miss, but to that there's two counterpoints- A is that other guns miss too, that's just the WoT experience. And B is that if you're only exposing yourself to the enemy just the bare minimum amount of time to get a shot off and go, the enemy's ability to punish you for a miss will also be minimized.

13 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Not only is this a low roll...

it's almost the MINIMUM POSSIBLE LOW ROLL :triggered:

Hide contents

snip

RNGesus "imma give you a hit AND a pen here, but . . . . "

I'm back.  Again.  I have so many video snippets on my hard drive now from this tank it's unreal.

Also, 25 full recorded replays of ace tankers.

Here, have some gfycats.

This was actually my second attempt (and his second attempt at getting to E1); first shot I missed and got spotted, so I had to duck out for a reload and resetting vision.  I fully expected him or the 54 Ltwt to try again, so I committed the cardinal sin of going back to where i was originally spotted.

Worth it:

Also, since I waited for him to go behind the bushes, I didn't get spotted the second go around :doge:

This is much later in the game, the 54 ltwt is rushing across the A-line to take me out and so I ignore the IS-M in favor of blapping him first.  I was very definitely spotted the entire time so he should've known I was coming for him, but maybe he just didn't expect me to get the pen on him, because I certainly didn't.

Finally, this Obj 430... I don't know if he's autoaiming and bad (like me!) or just really really unlucky.  Either way, my tracks ate three of his shots and his ass ate one of mine

I submit this before the derpamsters in offering for their blessing, I'm back above 92%, may the derp continue to be with me. 
Behold the max roll above max roll.  While not qute living the dream of facefucking a Roomba oneshot.. pretty sweet either way.

Also, I scrambled the SHIT out of the insides of the AMX30.. first shot of game, less than a minute in.  

YslmR9V.jpg

10 hours ago, kreigermann said:

I submit this before the derpamsters in offering for their blessing, I'm back above 92%, may the derp continue to be with me. 
Behold the max roll above max roll.  While not qute living the dream of facefucking a Roomba oneshot.. pretty sweet either way.

YslmR9V.jpg

wat

you sure you didn't max roll + fire tick or tiny lovetap ram or something?  Because otherwise... :serb: 

I will review the replay when I get home. When I checked the results screen it showed I had damaged his fuel tanks but I really don’t remember seeing any other damage tick other than the one big number come up, but maybe I was too busy giggling to mysel while running away.

So, just to update here. I watched the replay a couple times and slowed it down to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I learned a couple things about this game I didn't know 1) You won't always get the same information reported replay to replay. In 3 rewatches I got: 113X, 1155, and 112X(I dunno I didn't write it down, I only remembered the 1155 because that was in the end plates) None of the viewings showed the fire, or the fire damage tick either in the damage panel or as an independent tick of X damage. BUT I'm pretty convinced it was a single tick of fire that for whatever reason the program decides to either lump together with the alpha for reporting or hide it all together until the total damage. I heard the commander say something about burning them up, lite them on fire, hit their fuel tanks, something like that.  Weird that you could watch the same thing and get shown different results.