Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1,051 posts in this topic

\o/   
yeNGBIi.jpg

many thanks to @CraBeatOff and @rev01ution for your advice and encouragement several months ago. Implementing it into my gameplay took a little time, and it took waaaaay longer than I would have hoped for, mark hung at 93% for the last several hundred games... still, I'm pretty proud of this, 3-marking my favorite tank in the game. 

HELL YEAH!

edit: Mark was done entirely with 152 derp. Will post my last 5 + or so games for entertainment purposes. 

The Somua SM tier VIII premium French heavy is heat pennable with 140/90/70 unless you're able to hit the pixel in the middle of the back of the turret that's 35mm.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:28 PM, CraBeatOff said:

Best equipment set-ups

The spotter - Vstab, Optics, Vents - my most run one. Vents adds a lot. Currently running this with improved versions of the Vstab and Vents. Its got 520 view range, and vents adds all the little nice things.

The comfort compromise - Vstab, Optics, eGLD - this is where I ran most of my first games in tier 8. It still spots well with optics, but the GLD makes using the gun a lot easier, especially in brawls and vs mid-range 

MAX DPM - Vstab, Rammer, Vents - you can shoot more often. You can't see shit (47X view range) BUT you shoot all the time, and with accuracy. Pairs well with a spotter chode friend.

I have been running derp with  VStab, Rammer, eGLD, which I'd call a DPM handles setup, but I'm now trying more of a max handling setup:

VStab, Vents, eGLD.

I feel the eGLD makes the handling that much better IMO, though I hate doing without vents. 

Over on Reddit I saw a number of people talking about no Rammer since it takes so long to fire anyway.  Not sure I buy that, as that extra 2 seconds does add up, but I thought I'd give it a shot.   No optics since I don't feel I'm properly scouting with this thing anyway, and don't want to take too many of those long range shots.  Besides to use optics I have to give up something else.

Any views on this setup? 

I just love derping around with this thing.  Got chat turned off so I don't hear anyone crying about me, but I do a fair amount of scouting when I get the chance.  

1 hour ago, swyck said:

I have been running derp with  VStab, Rammer, eGLD, which I'd call a DPM handles setup, but I'm now trying more of a max handling setup:

VStab, Vents, eGLD.

I feel the eGLD makes the handling that much better IMO, though I hate doing without vents. 

Over on Reddit I saw a number of people talking about no Rammer since it takes so long to fire anyway.  Not sure I buy that, as that extra 2 seconds does add up, but I thought I'd give it a shot.   No optics since I don't feel I'm properly scouting with this thing anyway, and don't want to take too many of those long range shots.  Besides to use optics I have to give up something else.

Any views on this setup? 

I just love derping around with this thing.  Got chat turned off so I don't hear anyone crying about me, but I do a fair amount of scouting when I get the chance.  

VStab, Vents, GLD is what I used to use.  As far as enhancing gun handling it's pretty good - the main issue is that GLD only becomes useful once you've actually stopped to aim IIRC.  The issue I had with that is that

A. a good 65-80% of my shots are going to be on the move at short range (or sometimes long range because i'm a baddie who likes rolling the dice), and

B. if I can afford to stop to aim then I generally can afford to stop and aim in for the half second longer it'd take me with GLD than without. 

I haven't actually tested the difference myself in aimtimes but overall I've felt no particular extra pains from not having a GLD.  

so I switched the GLD out for optics to boost up my spotting/assist damage... I might not be tryharding for the 3rd mark but assist damage is nice to have anyways since you're still a light tank after all.  With cola and my crew the view range is amazingly good - somewhere north of 510m IIRC.

tl;dr - the only non-negotiable equipment choice on this tank is the Vstab for obvious reasons but I don't feel the GLD adds enough to my playstyle to run it over optics.

1 hour ago, swyck said:

VStab, Vents, eGLD.

Any views on this setup? 

I know that @CraBeatOff is running the improved version of that setup (i.vstab, i.gld, i.vents) and is enjoying it a lot. Not having optics is less of a problem when you're usually running with someone that does. 

with optics and cola im at 510m vrange, overkill i think? thinking of swapping the optics for a rammer. will bring viewrange down to 475ish. thoughts? is tha enough?!

Would you leave it as is then?

19 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

No such thing as overkill for viewrange IMO. 

1 hour ago, Copeyhagen said:

Would you leave it as is then?

Personally, yeah.  Vents/Vstab/Optics + Cola is what i'm currently running and I've never thought to myself "Gee i would much rather have a 1.8 second faster reload instead of being able to outspot enemy light tanks at 400m+".

I've found that counter-scouting by simply popping their sixth sense and making them break off before they can spot any of my dudes (or me) is far more effective than having to use my gun to do it.

54 minutes ago, yoyoya2 said:

When @PlanetaryGenocide rolls higher than *snip* you FeelsBadMan

Haha oh shit that was you?  I remember thinking to myself I was gonna get counter-blapped when I crested to take the shot and I had to repair my tracks and suffer a broken ammorack for the next 90 seconds...

You guys won though.  I did blap your heretic T49 for 850ish but i couldn't finish him, was too low health because some motherfucker rolled 900 on me in the opening 45 seconds of the game :kappa: 

edit: tfw you roll higher than the other guy :kappa::kappa::serb:

dHwABSU.gif

https://gfycat.com/FamiliarTiredGossamerwingedbutterfly for HD

also i can't believe our heretic dove you, died, and didn't even finish you off what a garbage misuse of a T49

28 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

also i can't believe our heretic dove you, died, and didn't even finish you off what a garbage misuse of a T49

That's what he gets for using the shitty gun

Also I hate how shit players always just decide to yolo 

Also I just realized if I was turned just a bit more my tracks would of ate it 

wow nobody's posted here in two months what the fuck did you all quit this stupid fucking game?

cause i did too for a bit

anyways here have some blaps

https://gfycat.com/LimpingMindlessGordonsetter

https://gfycat.com/OptimisticConventionalAfricanwildcat

1.0 killed my light tank fun gameplay with the proxy map reworks.

On 4/2/2018 at 12:45 AM, PlanetaryGenocide said:

No such thing as overkill for viewrange IMO. 

Dam auto correct on phone. Should have been 'poxy map reworks'. Irish slang for shit reworks