Deathpig_Jones

T49 -- Land Arty in a Bite-Size Package

1,070 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, TheChang said:

Good clean-up, even if it did bug me that you were going for cap points. 

Overall, good game. Hope to see 3 stars on that barrel soon!

I realized I never said thank you for that review Chang. It was definitely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to watch the replay and write out that advice.

I'm still not sure about the capping part to be honest. I had seen it done before in situations like that, and had always laughed at it. So, since that was the first time I was in a situation like that (I tend to cheat myself out of end-game carries due to too much early game aggression), I just did it without really thinking. I wouldn't do it again if I got another chance.

I'm hoping for 3-marks as well sometime soon. I'm at 89% MoE, so I'll be starting my 3-mark grind soon. If I do get them, it will be in huge part thanks to this thread.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to switch to the 90mm gun for greater consistency, or stick with the derp for the fun (and lack of heresy).

I also had a question for the senior chodestarz. The T49 became my most played tank the other day (finally surpassing the T-34 that I spammed in my first 2k games). Does that and my two marks mean I can be inducted as a junior chodestar?

I'm also thinking of buying iVStab for the T49. I haven't totally decided yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards it. The descriptions in this thread of its effects have intrigued me.

1 hour ago, churchill50 said:

I realized I never said thank you for that review Chang. It was definitely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to watch the replay and write out that advice.

I'm still not sure about the capping part to be honest. I had seen it done before in situations like that, and had always laughed at it. So, since that was the first time I was in a situation like that (I tend to cheat myself out of end-game carries due to too much early game aggression), I just did it without really thinking. I wouldn't do it again if I got another chance.

I'm hoping for 3-marks as well sometime soon. I'm at 89% MoE, so I'll be starting my 3-mark grind soon. If I do get them, it will be in huge part thanks to this thread.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to switch to the 90mm gun for greater consistency, or stick with the derp for the fun (and lack of heresy).

I also had a question for the senior chodestarz. The T49 became my most played tank the other day (finally surpassing the T-34 that I spammed in my first 2k games). Does that and my two marks mean I can be inducted as a junior chodestar?

I'm also thinking of buying iVStab for the T49. I haven't totally decided yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards it. The descriptions in this thread of its effects have intrigued me.

The 152mm is always the answer! Unfortunately the #Chode$tarz were all but killed off when update 1.0 came out and killed basically all of our most vital members, some directly, some indirectly. http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/profile/14-crabeatoff/&status=83178&type=status I still play occasionally, but sorely miss my chode friends. i.vstab on the T49 was the best investment I've made so far concerning bonds. I'm always happy to review replays as well as platoon when I'm online. 

23 hours ago, TheChang said:

The 152mm is always the answer! Unfortunately the #Chode$tarz were all but killed off when update 1.0 came out and killed basically all of our most vital members, some directly, some indirectly. http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/profile/14-crabeatoff/&status=83178&type=status I still play occasionally, but sorely miss my chode friends. i.vstab on the T49 was the best investment I've made so far concerning bonds. I'm always happy to review replays as well as platoon when I'm online. 

Wow. I knew about Crab, but not the others. Do you know if they're planning on coming back at some point? Also, are they still active on this forum, or not?

I have some time off tomorrow, and nothing sounds better than a little derping around in the T49 (with iVStab no less). I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the derp. If I get the 3rd mark with it, great. If I don't, then at least I had fun.

Cool. Some replay reviews would be awesome as I work towards the third mark. Platooning also sounds awesome.

On a similar note, I believe we ran into each other in battle a while back. We were both in our T49s, on Paris. We were close to taking shots at each other a few times, but both of us never did take the risk, as it would've meant taking a shot from the other every time.

1 hour ago, churchill50 said:

Wow. I knew about Crab, but not the others. Do you know if they're planning on coming back at some point? Also, are they still active on this forum, or not?

I have some time off tomorrow, and nothing sounds better than a little derping around in the T49 (with iVStab no less). I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the derp. If I get the 3rd mark with it, great. If I don't, then at least I had fun.

Cool. Some replay reviews would be awesome as I work towards the third mark. Platooning also sounds awesome.

On a similar note, I believe we ran into each other in battle a while back. We were both in our T49s, on Paris. We were close to taking shots at each other a few times, but both of us never did take the risk, as it would've meant taking a shot from the other every time.

I don't think they're planning on coming back anytime soon. And no, they're not active here anymore because it's hard to make sure you're information is still 100 percent applicable when you're out of the meta. 

For 3-marking and playing the tank in general, I suggest focusing on making good trades, gathering as much information from your minimap as possible and use that information to do the best possible thing at the right place and time. I remember telling Crab my feeling that he plays the game more on that  bottom-right corner than he does the rest of the screen. Lastly, improve your survival ratio. You can't do anything when you're dead! I don't know what yours is, but work to be the last one alive each game and you should have around a 50 percent survival ratio.

I'm still here!

I've recently been trying again for the 3-mark, but i'm hovering around anywhere between 89 and 93 - currently at 90.9 as of this post.

here, have some gifs from the 5k damage game that put me at 90.9:

https://gfycat.com/GleefulBigheartedAmethystgemclam

https://gfycat.com/IdealisticDopeyLhasaapso

https://gfycat.com/DrearyWhichBadger

https://gfycat.com/OddShortAmericanwigeon

Thanks man!  I had a goal of getting it before 1.1 and also before I hit 2k battles in it, and I'm happy to say that I achieved both goals.

Also, since the last 2 or so minutes of the game were just utterly hilarious, I made it into a video for y'all's enjoyment.  Unfortunately I'm not able to put Yakkety Sax over it since youtube will remove it, but whatever you can just dual video it.  Featuring @Trobs getting blapped (twice), some sick nasty jukes all over the place, and a kill every 21 seconds.

My main mistake was coming out from behind cover at the very end - there was literally zero reason for me to do that to let the O-Ni shoot me, but truth be told I was laughing too hard to care and I knew I had the mark at that point as I went into this battle with 94.2%.  If I hadn't done that, I A. could've had a Radley's at the VERY LEAST (Mauschen had <100 hp, O-Ni is penetrable from the side with HE, and I outspot them both easily) and B. I had a decent chance of actually pulling out the win and my first and only Kolobanov's as well as this being my first three mark, as long as arty didn't get lucky.

My second mistake was eating the shot from the skorp for the kill - I was lucky that the A-44 and 416 were so bad.

All in all, a very fun way to cap off my climb towards third mark on this tank.  I can finally do whatever the fuck I want in this tank.

Or maybe I should go for 100%... :triggered:

Grats man. Stopped tryharding after I kept going from 93ish downwards, so just having fun in it now, sitting around 88% most of the time. 

Actually having as much fun in the derpidan at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Copeyhagen said:

Grats man. Stopped tryharding after I kept going from 93ish downwards, so just having fun in it now, sitting around 88% most of the time. 

Actually having as much fun in the derpidan at the moment.

Thanks! Yeah that was me the first time I was close, I hit 93.7something and then got two 0-damage games in a row, felt bad and I stopped caring for a long time, hovered around 83-87.

But while checking it like a month to a month and a half ago I noticed I had broken 90 again and decided I would try for it and hopefully get there before I hit 2k battles in the tank.  The dream is real

E: also I finally feel like I've earned the right to change my rank on my profile to Chode$tarz

3 hours ago, caelestis42 said:

I wanna play again.. been away for years now! T49 still seems fun stil :)

One of the few things still fun in a boring game. Others that come to mind are the Bat and the T100lt