Never

How to support the WoTLabs Forum

100 posts in this topic

Howdy!

As you all know, it takes a lot of time and money to keep this place running like clockwork. A lot of people have asked me how they can support our forum directly, so I thought I'd make a thread showing how you can help and some of the perks available.

The first way is via my Patreon account. This money goes toward keeping the servers up, keeping myself up working full time on WoTLabs and the WoTLabs Forum, and will also go towards some perks for our lovely and hardworking staff.

The second way is via Solono's Patreon account. Solono is our sleepless badmin who works in the shadows to keep the peace and quiet. Donations to Solono will support all the amazing work he does around here, and will also go towards creating some amazing content, such as exclusive interviews with Wargaming staff, streaming, giveaways and even live coverage of Wargaming events!

Both ways will get you Patron status here in the forum, which will give you access to a larger inbox, customizable member title, more signature space and no forum ads! Depending on how you Patron up, there will be different perks.

Patron: At least $1 to either me or Solono.

• Patron usergroup
  • Larger inbox (200 messages versus 50)
  • Ability to change your member title
  • Ability to put more images in your signature (2 versus 1)
  • Access to the exclusive Patron subforum.
  • More upvotes (15 versus 10)
  • More downvotes (2 versus 1)
  • No ads on the forum

Patron²: At least $1 to both me and Solono.

• All perks from Patron, plus:
  • Patron² usergroup
  • Even more inbox space (300 messages)
  • Access to the Garbage Can with a Lid
  • More upvotes (45)
  • More downvotes (8)

Patron³: At least $3 to both me and Solono.

• All perks from Patron and Patron², plus:
  • Custom usergroup (with whatever color you want)
  • Your very own password protected (or not) channel on the WoTLabs TS
  • Infinite upvotes
  • 50 downvotes
  • Ability to change your username
  • One more signature line, image and URL.

For everyone who is supporting us, a huge thank you, we couldn't do this without your support :D

You should lower the expected wn8 values by 10% for anyone who donates.  It would be a huge cash out.

Solono has one too? ffs. Split what i gave you with him, then. Can't even get on one donation thingy....shenanigans :grumble:

I don't know which choice is better, bribing Never or bribing Solono...

WhyNotBoth.jpg

You can bribe me too.  I won't do anything, but I figure this kind of thing works for politicians, so it's worth a shot.

Wait, is this the announcement? Are you guys going to try to drink SS's milkshake?

I'd patronize that, but as we all know -- there can be only one milkshake.

You should make a second level of Patron tags for anyone that donates to both. Up the sig images to 3, or possibly just another line of text. Maybe make it purple or pink instead of blue?

Im too broke to be able to do this, so just pretend im sending you $10'000 a month okey Never?

:P

Wait, is this the announcement? Are you guys going to try to drink SS's milkshake?

I'd patronize that, but as we all know -- there can be only one milkshake.

No, it's not the announcement

How does this work , like how much we need to pay for month or however it is??

No, it's not the announcement

ETA when you gonna post it?

OT, I would donate to you guys, but I'm broke as hell :/

If I knew more about what Solono is doing... and I wasn't broke... As it is, my dollar per month must stay with you Never. Servers are expensive!

If I knew more about what Solono is doing

Milestone goals sum it up pretty well, although I welcome in-depth questions.

If I knew more about what Solono is doing...

He can mess up your life in a multitude of ways without leaving his chair.

Are you sure you want to continue? y/n

He can mess up your life in a multitude of ways without leaving his chair.

Are you sure you want to continue? y/n

y

Milestone goals sum it up pretty well, although I welcome in-depth questions.

I guess it's mainly that you go to the patreon pages, and Never's is very specific - Wotlabs - Servers - Cost big $$$. Your's just says, "I make things better on wotlabs". I have absolutely no doubt that you do, but I have not been around long enough to understand what all you do just on the basis of that. I know you're the head admin, but not sure from the 'wotlabs crew' thread what all goes into that. Are you like writing all of the scripts and apps that go into the wotlabs stats? Etc.

Sorry, not trying to be negative or anything like that. Mainly just saying you can do some more shameless self promotion. :)

I guess it's mainly that you go to the patreon pages, and Never's is very specific - Wotlabs - Servers - Cost big $$$. Your's just says, "I make things better on wotlabs". I have absolutely no doubt that you do, but I have not been around long enough to understand what all you do just on the basis of that. I know you're the head admin, but not sure from the 'wotlabs crew' thread what all goes into that. Are you like writing all of the scripts and apps that go into the wotlabs stats? Etc.

Sorry, not trying to be negative or anything like that. Mainly just saying you can do some more shameless self promotion. :)

Basically, I do community-oriented stuff, bugfixing (I'm by no means a coder though), deal with special permission groups, and talk to WG on a daily basis to try and get things done. As seen today. Yes, I did withhold this reply until after that was done.

I do operate with a lot of secrecy and silence, but I operate nonetheless, I'm not a fan of self-promotion. I just try to get shit done.

Have a cookie, Solono.

Oh my, I may have to start streaming soon.

If I donate money to you guys, can I have extra downvotes?  I feel like you don't give me enough per day, and burn through them way too quickly.

What are your communications with WG like?

The last thing anyone here wants is WG influencing or moderating these forums. We need this place to be player run. A place where we can talk about topics that are not allowed on the WoT Forums. I'm just hoping that WG's influence stays out of here.

I talk to WGNA every day, and, as I said in the Policy thread, WG has no say on policy or moderating here. WG also has zero interest in doing any of that here, so there is no need to worry about it.