Oake_EU

Oake's Youtube Channel

431 posts in this topic

Hi folks

Just thought I'd take this oppurtunity to show/inflict upon you my Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/AgingJedi

I have all sorts of replays and tank reviews on there, ranging from low to high level as I move up the tech trees, and also some viewer replays that have been submitted. I make no claims about being a great player and all opinion and advice offered is based purely on my own experiences with the game and the tanks in question. I'll post a couple of tasters here below, and then add new videos into further posts as and when I get them uploaded.

As a few of you good folks have asked via the WoT forums, I would be more than happy to take a look at your good replays for some subscriber replay videos on my channel. Feel free to send them to me at agingjedioake @ gmail . com (without the spaces) with a description or better yet email me the link to the upload on www.wotreplays.com. I can't promise to have time to take a look at all of them, but I'll certainly try!

Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AgingJedi

Twitter https://twitter.com/AgingJedi

Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/110704920994097178226/110704920994097178226/posts?pageId=110704920994097178226

Feel free to comment on the videos, share them, or ask any questions.

Tank Guides & Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/user/AgingJedi/playlists

Is that you professor?

Hmm Professor Oake? Makes me sound older than I already am!

Anyway, finally got my Comet review done after a few technical issues of one sort or another. The Comet (British tier 7 medium tank) is a bit of a slippery beast. Its terrible when completely stock, and even when fully upgraded it can be very unforgiving to inexperienced players. True of many tanks of course, but I feel it especially true of the Comet. It can however be a fantastic tank in the right hands (not necessarily mine!)  and in the right situations when you learn its ways.

Who says stock tanks can't do well? Hamish01 proves otherwise in this game, his first ever in his newly acquired T-34-1, the Chinese tier 7 medium tank, picking up Pools and Kolobanovs medals among the many other awards in this medal haul!

Couple of Ace Tanker Comet replays here, sent in from one of my viewer. Nice games where he's top tier and can stomp on his opponents!

My Review of the Tiger (H), one of the German tier 7 heavy tanks.

Awesome replay here from ThisIsBlakan driving his E75, one of the German tier 9 heavy tanks. And when I say driving, I mean like a boss! Radley Walters medal (8 kills), Ace Tanker and an all round awesome game! Although I think his mechanics may not be too pleased when they see the repair work his tracks are going to need after eating all those shells ;)

Couple of good replays here from vutzler in his Marder 38T and the "Awful Panther" (German tier 7 light tank). And a big thanks for my new channel art too!

My guide and review of the Cromwell from World of Tanks, the British tier 6 medium. Is it any good? Well yeah - but its very brittle! It took me a while to get the hang of playing this tank. The speed is great, but it can just as big a hazard to you as the enemy! It should definitely come fitted with seat belts and drivers airbag!

One of the most entertaining replays I have ever seen! In this game WizzBangWallop, driving his tier 7 American heavy tank the T29, has an amazing game and completely carries his team, picking up a Pools medal in the process. But not only that, the battle chat is hilarious going from abuse, to drama, to celebration!

Time for my Sturer Emil review, the German tier 7 tank destroyer. Unlike the previous two tanks, this one isn't very manouverable at all, but oh....that gun! If you like your tanks to go KABOOM! then you'll like this one!

Keep up the good work mate.

Guys I recommend Oake's Channel. Everything is well though out and shows his knowledge on the game (unlike mine).

Three good replays here from my friend and clanmate Hamish01. This time he's driving the VK3001p, the T-150 and also his first ever game in his new TOG II, recently received from the mission.

A fantastic game here from WizzBangWallop (still loving that name!) in his Cromwell, the British tier 6 medium. Pools Medal and Crucial Contribution, and when it gets going it happens so fast!

Something a little different here. A Radley Walters medal (8 kills) in....a Bishop! Not noted for its destructive battle winning potential, this tier 5 British artillery is a bit of an oddity. Slow, short ranged, but fairly rapid firing and quick aiming combined with a reasonably high shell trajectory make this SPG quite interesting. Well played mRgolazzo!

By the way folks, please do feel free to comment or ask questions, either in this thread or on the videos in the channel. And let me know what type of replays you prefer to see :)

ThisIsBalkan makes a return to my channel in this great game in his Tiger 2, the German tier 8 heavy tank, inflcting 6k damage on his enemies!

My review and guide of the French tier 8 heavy from World of Tanks, the AMX 50 100. This one is such a nice change after playing the previous French heavy line (though it still isn't really a heavy tank as we tend to think of them) and is rapidly becoming one of my favourite tanks in this game.

World of Tanks: Room 101 episode 1 - Beware, you might not like what you see inside! I thought I'd do something a little different here to the normal sort of replays. Do let me know if you want me to continue with it - I realise it might not be to everyones tastes!

Its Subscriber Spotlight time again! Here's a couple of games from digger327 in his ELC AMX, the French tier 5 light tank. In fact I enjoyed watching these games back so much, it inspired to go and play my ELC again! Its a fun little tank that can either scout or choose to be a damage dealer thanks to its rather nice gun.

World of Tanks: Replay Roundup episode 1. In this first episode, we see a couple of great replays from Monnos in his Matilda, and Starla driving his VK 4502 B.

Heading back into low tiers for a couple of tanks! A while ago a lot of the lower tier tanks were on sale, so I took the opportunity to buy up a load I needed to play through. The plan is to eventually work my way along, building up a couple of crews and eventually head down the German medium line to the Leopard via the Indien Panzer. So starting off, here's a look a the Pz. 38(t) tier 3 German light tank. And I really enjoyed playing it again!

After seeing some replays that inspired me somewhat, I decided to get back into my ELC AMX, the French tier 5 light tank. Like most French tanks, its a bit of an oddity! Its definitely a light tank, but gets quite an outrageous gun for a tier 5! So while it can play pretty well as a scout and would make a great racing tank, it also plays really well as a sneaky damage dealer, with great mobility. I've been having quite a bit of fun it lately, so heres my take on it:

Moving on from the ELC, I've finally ace'd the AMX 12 t, the French tier 6 light. I have to say though, that as light tanks go there are others I'd rather drive at tier 6, but this one isn't terrible. Not very exciting, but not terrible. Here's my review:

Another batch of great games sent to me by you guys! Enjoy, and keep those replays coming!