Domstadtkerl

KV-2

51 posts in this topic

Not shown: me hitting one of those two togs for 1010 damage with HE earlier, though you can see it on my hitlog at the end

Also, the AP can't even hit 1100, max roll with HE is around 1130ish iirc and AP has 150 less average damage

I was talking about the Togs with AP, I was using HE against Tigers and panthers

We run 3 kv2 platoons and once we ran into 3 togs, loaded AP and demolished them lol nothing better than hitting tigers or panther m10s for 1100!

A match like that got me my Ace. I was the only one in my KV-2 platoon to make it through to the end. Three enemy TOGs, three penetrations with HE. GG.

Nothing is more satisfying than to one shot snipe a cromwell 400 meters away.

But wow, getting mastery is really hard, I guess I ought to do 3k+ or more to get it.

Nothing is more satisfying than to one shot snipe a cromwell 400 meters away.

But wow, getting mastery is really hard, I guess I ought to do 3k+ or more to get it.

Or you can be a humongous cockbag, failplatoon into a tier 9 or 10 match, and play direct-fire arty.

Did it once on Fjords, did maybe 2k damage total mostly to tier 9's, Ace tanker and tank sniper medals

I fail platooned in to a tier 9 with this also. Pure HE spam = best idea ever.  Was 2nd in damage.  Who needs to aim?  Seriously though, one of the most fun and under-rated tanks in the game.

Ran 2 games in it during QBs TOG sync drop event thingy, it's quite hilarious to pen TOGs with AP for 700+ when they think they're angled enough to take a HE shot from you. Also brought my WN8 up to 3k for today, no regrets.

Still insanely fun tank ready to ruin everyones day.

Who is running this thing for Wn8 or WR ?   There so many better tier 6 tanks.

This Tank is all about the LOLs.

When I hit someone I laugh every time. Get 3 hits in a row and I have trouble seeing. A one shot makes my sides hurt. One shot a scout at 500m and I am laughing so hard my team thinks I DC'd.

Warning : Put a towle and some plastic down on your chair before platooning. When the pubbies start to rage I have trouble controling my bladder.

You will have more bad games than good games, but who cares. I have heard more bad jokes than good jokes in my life and this tank is a great joke.

Can confirm: KV-2 is hilarious. Purchased for the "Crits in an HT" mission, kept for the LULZ. "Awww, T29, you think your'e safe hull-down? That's cute. Here, take 400 damage THROUGH THE FACE".

I feel like the O-l has dethroned the glorious my KV-2. 160mm effective frontal armor, paired with 10 degrees gun depression (In the very front, otherwise 6 degrees), then what is there to lose really? I mean you don't get Stalin guided shots, but that is about it (and better maneuverability). Idk, do you guys think the KV-2 has been dethroned for the time being?

KV-2 has +10mm HE pen, better rof and smaller size, making it even better for oneshotting and also overall better at tier 8 matches. But yeah, its partially outclassed by O-I now. It isnt really even faster than O-I, since O-I moves at pretty much same speeds and is atleast as equally if not even more agile.

While KV-2 has better HE shells, mobility, RoF and it's smaller, O-I has an armor protecting it against most of IV and V tier tanks which is a huge advantage because it allows to aim safely as a top tank and ~150mm derp gun requires a lot of time to fully aim. Also O-I can reliable penetrate KV-2 with AP shells while KV-2 has max 30% to penetrate it using premium AP in perfect position. In frontal fight O-I needs 1-2 penetrating AP shells to kill KV-2 and KV-2 needs at least 3 high roll with HE shells. The only way to defeat O-I with KV-2 is to do not engage 1vs1 or use help of teammates.

On 25.02.2016 at 4:43 PM, catak said:

Please show your current equipment setup and if running food would bring down the aim time? Thanks.

ka011ki.jpg

Yes, food will buff aim time. 

One nice thing about KV-2: It is a true 152mm gun, meaning it will triple overmatch 50mm roof armor, unlike the O-l which has 149.1mm shells. Just a funny little thing to know :)

Well one can either play a true WW2 icon or some fantasy makeup jap looser tenk which happens to be OP as fuck because reasons.

I'll stick to my KV-2, tbh mainly because it got 4 skills and I don't want to invest time into grinding a crew for some fotm t6 tank.

On 2016. 02. 27. at 7:07 PM, swimisaac said:

I feel like the O-l has dethroned the glorious my KV-2. 160mm effective frontal armor, paired with 10 degrees gun depression (In the very front, otherwise 6 degrees), then what is there to lose really? I mean you don't get Stalin guided shots, but that is about it (and better maneuverability). Idk, do you guys think the KV-2 has been dethroned for the time being?

mount 107mm, spam APCR, DPM the shit out of O-I :serb:

seriously tho, just tried that gun for shits and giggles. It basically feels like a T-150 with birth defects. It can surprise people though pretty decently, since they won't expect you to fire so fast.

I just might be stupid enough to try that... Sure what the heck :P I never realized it shot faster than the T-150 :O 

I always laughed at noobers who put the 107mm on the KV-2 and I stand by that assertion even if I understand the reasons for it.

That being said, as per my last post in this thread I did in fact retire my KV-2 in favor of the T49 (as you can tell by my absence from this thread and presence in the T49 threads, hue)

My KV-2 crew is (with the exception of the radioman and Loader #2) now happily crushing pubbies in my T-10, and onwards to the IS-7 they shall go.

O-I has more "accurate" derp gun that more than makes up for the worse HE penn. 0.58 and 3.7s aimtime is noticeably better than 0.6 and 4 s.

Also, it has usable AP round (121 mm) that is dirt cheap for the damage it does.

So does KV-2 (110 and gold ap 136). But O-I has the armor to withstand return fire and aim fully on same or lower tier tanks. By the time KV-2 is fully aimed with AP round it got 3 shots back, that penetrated it. 

Soft stats are much worse on the "Stalin guided shells" - after dispersion chances a few patches ago,  shells no longer hit targets 500 m away...they miss ones 50 m away if not aimed fully.

Those days 2 years ago when you hit someone from 720 m distance and penn fully...

KV-2

Dispersion (m): 0.60

moving 0.28

tank traverse 0.28

turret traverse 0.16

O-I

Dispersion (m) 0.58

moving 0.18

tank traverse 0.18

turret traverse 0.16

13 hours ago, swimisaac said:

I just might be stupid enough to try that... Sure what the heck :P I never realized it shot faster than the T-150 :O 

Try it :P One of my first games after mounting it was a T8 match, 2500+ dmg, got me my ace ggwp. It can really surprise ppl who think you are on reload.