Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

422 posts in this topic

Alone against Charioteer, Ob. 704 and T30? That was bad idea but pubbies are so dumb...

True that, but right then I felt so on top of my game I didn't even realize I was basically YOLO-ing

Then again, I think the 704 & T30 were afraid that I wasn't coming alone

Alone against Charioteer, Ob. 704 and T30? That was bad idea but pubbies are so dumb...

He drives an E100, not some pusy heavy like Fv 215 / 113 / [insert paper ``heavy`` tank]

The entire purpose of a tier 10 heavy should be that it can drive straight into low tier trash and kill them, i mean, 2 t9 tds and a useless t8 vs E100, unless its long range stuff or a straight brawl where they just yolo you and dpm you down, an E100 should be able to handle this (with an 113 it would have been a quick and painfull dead though :XD )

A few battles later I'm already starting to get into the dilemma "should I feel guilty about the liberal gold-spam almost whenever I have a Tier X tank in front of me?"

He drives an E100, not some pusy heavy like Fv 215 / 113 / [insert paper ``heavy`` tank]

The entire purpose of a tier 10 heavy should be that it can drive straight into low tier trash and kill them, i mean, 2 t9 tds and a useless t8 vs E100, unless its long range stuff or a straight brawl where they just yolo you and dpm you down, an E100 should be able to handle this (with an 113 it would have been a quick and painfull dead though :XD )

Both Ob. 704 and T30 were designed by WG to damage and kill tier X HTs so they were a real threat as tanks. Luckily for Fedayking their drivers were too dumb to rekt him even sacrificing Charioteer.

True that, but right then I felt so on top of my game I didn't even realize I was basically YOLO-ing

Then again, I think the 704 & T30 were afraid that I wasn't coming alone

They should see your solo yolo run on minimap but it's kinda hard without enabled minimap.

Edited by MacusFlash

Both Ob. 704 and T30 were designed by WG to damage and kill tier X HTs so they were a real threat as tanks. Luckily for Fedayking their drivers were to dumb to rekt him even sacrificing Charioteer.

They should see your solo yolo run on minimap but it's kinda hard without enabled minimap.

The bolded part is how it goes 90% of the time though :P

Clickers would teach him a lesson about yolo rush in E-100.

Just had a game on Serene Coast... with 2 autoloading Batshit clickers on their team (not even platooned)...

At least managed to get away from it with 3k damage (which I intend to make it my average dpg, still recovering from the first games with the 128mm gun)

l.e.: Also, today I just had my first Fiery Salient game... with 3 clickers on each team.

Heedless to say, I died at most 10 seconds after I was spotted, with a grand total of 0 damage done. Huzzah!

Edited by Fedaykin89

I must admit I'm struggling so far to make the jump from E75 to E100. I'm doing about 2.2k dpg which is respectable enough for my level of play (and a progression on what I was doing in the E75) but my winrate is an abysmal 44% or thereabouts after around 50 games (my only other tier 10, the FV4202, with about 20 games more, is averaging 55% win rate with lower dpg - about 1.9k, although it was up at 2.2k until the last 15 games, of which there were many potato). It either seems to be extreme highs or extreme lows - either my team melts or I get clicked on/caught in a very bad position and/or bounce on everything without doing damage or everything hits and pens gloriously and do 4-5k damage.

I'm still finding it hard to get used to properly angling both turret and hull. I tend to focus on angling the turret a lot more recently but I find I then forget to angle the hull sometimes and get penned there. I also get trolled constantly with HEAT rounds being eaten by tracks or spaced armour and doing no damage, which sucks bigtime.

I've just unlocked and bought the E 100 and used a bunch of free XP to get the top gun.

Question for the pros.

In a brawly situation where you are say 3 on 3 and you end up with two enemies in front of you, both equal tier and both reasonably dangerous but one has 100hp and the other still has more than 1000hp do you take the easy kill and remove the low hp enemy and a gun from the fight  but waste the extra 600+ dmg you could have done or do you try and derp the high hp enemy and hope that someone else cleans up the low hp tank?

I must admit I'm struggling so far to make the jump from E75 to E100. I'm doing about 2.2k dpg which is respectable enough for my level of play (and a progression on what I was doing in the E75) but my winrate is an abysmal 44% or thereabouts after around 50 games (my only other tier 10, the FV4202, with about 20 games more, is averaging 55% win rate with lower dpg - about 1.9k, although it was up at 2.2k until the last 15 games, of which there were many potato). It either seems to be extreme highs or extreme lows - either my team melts or I get clicked on/caught in a very bad position and/or bounce on everything without doing damage or everything hits and pens gloriously and do 4-5k damage.

I'm still finding it hard to get used to properly angling both turret and hull. I tend to focus on angling the turret a lot more recently but I find I then forget to angle the hull sometimes and get penned there. I also get trolled constantly with HEAT rounds being eaten by tracks or spaced armour and doing no damage, which sucks bigtime.

Though your DPG number might look decent enough at a quick glance, it amounts to mere three (full damage) shots of damage per game. In any case, you can't draw any definitive conclusions from only 50 games, which is small enough number to be subject to huge amounts of luck when it comes to winrate. Besides, your DPG (among the other stats) points to you eventually having above average winrate in it once play enough games to iron out the RNG. 

MaxL has an E100 replay on his twitch highlights where he basically owns half the enemy team by himself, I suggest you check it out. If Max doesn't know how to perfectly angle the tank I don't know who does. Too sad he isn't playing nor streaming anymore like he used to. http://www.twitch.tv/maxl_1023/c/5602074

E100.... I struggle to work out the right ammo to load in a given situation, not an issue I tend to have with other tanks.
Am I overthinking things?
Any advice?

E100.... I struggle to work out the right ammo to load in a given situation, not an issue I tend to have with other tanks.
Any advice?

More HEAT less AP. I just spam the shit out of HEAT with it.

More HEAT less AP. I just spam the shit out of HEAT with it.

HEAT, then HE to ruin people's side scrapes in chunks of 200-300hp?  bring 0 AP to make life easier?

HEAT, then HE to ruin people's side scrapes in chunks of 200-300hp?  bring 0 AP to make life easier?

I run 20/20/10 IIRC, AP is still viable for some situations, for example overmatching 215b's sides :serb: 

Any advice?

Heat for everything except waffle turrets (2 shotting a WT E100 has saved my ass in the past). It is by far one of the simplest tanks to play well.

Any advice?

25/15/10

I always preloaded HEAT when I'm firing AP every time. If AP fails, here comes the HEAT!

Edited by hallo1994

Still learning to drive the hundo but already have a soft spot for this boxiest of box tanks.

Working on HT 15.2 and managed this game yesterday.

12,162 DMG dealt, blocked and received.  Would also have completed HT15.3

And the best bit, about 5 minutes into the game I got disconnected and was AFK for almost 2 minutes!  During that time I bounced at least three shots and held up a corner because the enemy team knew there was an E100 around the corner and no one wanted to be the first to come around!

I do owe a big vote of thanks to the Lowe and the T28 Proto on my team who were also on the corner for putting in shots while I was swearing at my computer.

Screenshot_2015-10-21_15.29.54-Optimized

Screenshot_2015-10-21_15.29.05-Optimized

This tank is soo good at winning currently. 24 games, 20 wins solo last night. DPG only like 3300 per game but together with ~3k bounces per game carries really well. Guess should be more passive if wanted to get higher dpg, agressive pushing seems to finish games too fast for damage farm. Was trying to 3mark this but does not go that well, winning all time and still howering at ~88% mark.

I unlocked the e100 last night after about 145 games in e75. E75 sitting at 61% win rate, 100% solo. Felt like the quickest grind ever, or lack ofngrind. Hated the e75 at first. Now... Holy fuck itnis a fucking monster. German tanks are best in game by a mile. Accuracy and gun handling is astonishing.. Deffo keeping the e75. If I buy the e100, I'll put my vkb crew in, was never gonna buy maus anyway.

Is the e100 worth getting?! Have to free xp the gun or isit workable with e75/gun

2 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

I unlocked the e100 last night after about 145 games in e75. E75 sitting at 61% win rate, 100% solo. Felt like the quickest grind ever, or lack ofngrind. Hated the e75 at first. Now... Holy fuck itnis a fucking monster. German tanks are best in game by a mile. Accuracy and gun handling is astonishing.. Deffo keeping the e75. If I buy the e100, I'll put my vkb crew in, was never gonna buy maus anyway.

Is the e100 worth getting?! Have to free xp the gun or isit workable with e75/gun

I already retrained my E75 crew... I am waiting for X-mas discounts on tier 10's. My new E75 crew will come from the Tiger 1.

On 16/10/2015, 12:48:49, Sylvansight said:

Any advice?

In my humble opinion, unless you're matched against 50Bs or mostly MTs on the enemy team (in which case I'd pre-load AP, HE I'd consider too risky), HEAT ftw. Especially considering how bloody bonkers & troll the E5/IS-7 armor can be, I like to maximize my chances to pen with every shot.

So then the generally recommended AP/HEAT/HE load out is usually either 20/20/10 or 25/15/10?

With E100, keep HEAT loaded all times unless there is specific target tank you want to use some other ammo type AND you know you will only shoot that target and not some other random enemy which suddenly pops up.

There is very few situations where HEAT is not best ammo. Russian meds are 50/50 if should shoot HEAT or AP but even there HEAT is often bit better. HEAT goes through turret face or angled front armor whereas AP can bounce those. But tracks can eat HEAT whereas AP is reliable there... but still even there HEAT is overall better IMHO.

Shooting HE can be fine but gotta be careful there too: HE is overkill against arties as AP does enough damage anyway to kill any arty and AP is much more reliable. Shooting WtfE100 with HE sounds like no brainer but even where is risk of hitting armored hull or gun and doing bad damage compared to using AP or HEAT.

So whatever ammo loadout you use, make sure you have enough HEAT to go through whole match shooting nothing else but it. Then like 10/10 AP/HE should be enough for almost any special case like digging out hull down IS7 etc.

I bought this tank and regret it. I feel the "armor" is kind of pointless cause everyone shoots gold at you. Even though I angle I seem to get penned most the time.