Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

422 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Is there any way to angle the turret to NOT get penned by T110E5 cHEAT shells?

It's hard, yesterday i fucked up E100 and JPE100 doing combined 5K dmg with M103 on mines. Just load HEAT and shot in face.

Maybe like this, but they can shot strip (accurate gun) or turret ring. E100 needs to bite shot into well angled side and try to slap E5 with 750.

Capture.png

50/50 ~320effective for HEAT

Capture2.png

18 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

It's hard, yesterday i fucked up E100 and JPE100 doing combined 5K dmg with M103 on mines. Just load HEAT and shot in face.

Maybe like this, but they can shot strip (accurate gun) or turret ring. E100 needs to bite shot into well angled side and try to slap E5 with 750.

Capture.png

50/50 ~320effective for HEAT

Capture2.png

Ah, so I have legit reasons to be quite a bit salty after this result:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3261380#siegfried_line-fedaykin89-e_100

For more than half a year now I'm trying to do T-55A HT-15 With Hodors and my only real chance is with the E100 (far away from the VKB or the ridiculously OP Kranvagn). But after games like this I feel a very strong urge to Alt-F4 in disgust...

3 minutes ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Ah, so I have legit reasons to be quite a bit salty after this result:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3261380#siegfried_line-fedaykin89-e_100

For more than half a year now I'm trying to do T-55A HT-15 With Hodors and my only real chance is with the E100 (far away from the VKB or the ridiculously OP Kranvagn). But after games like this I feel a very strong urge to Alt-F4 in disgust...

I didn't watch replay, i can take look later, but with E100 (i did HT15.4) you can do this, key is bait shot into side and slap them with 750. On top of that you have almost free 2700 DMG, and rest is blocked and done.

MM can help you a bit, if you are against E5s and kranvagn (now) can be little bit harder, because they have armor and firepower while you have mediocre armor and derpy gun. Also maps helps, when you can lock flank and sidescrape, that's where you can done easy. 

I did mine on karelia (because side scrape on west), himmelsdorf is good, ensk, fishermans bay (town). As i said, key is sidescrape and bait shot into hard side and slapping them for 750.

IMHO i feel like E5 is much better, but if you don't have one you are stuck with brick.

1 minute ago, BlackAdder said:

Also maps helps, when you can lock flank and sidescrape, that's where you can done easy. 

Well, today I realized just how much better of a sidescraper the E5 is.
Maybe I should have just fucked off after the first 3 consecutive pens (already having lost ~1200 HP) but 1) I was stubborn into thinking that sidescraping is where the E100 should be king and 2) was already too disheartened & disgusted by the ease with which the E5 slapped me.

And no, I couldn't slap him back, couldn't even do anything to him when he was pulling back to take the shot (when I was already aimed for him). Tried to go for the LFP, but no dice. The last shot before I died I even tried to go for the engine deck.

If/when you can watch the replay, you'll see what I mean. It literally killed my entire mood for the rest of the day.

2 minutes ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Well, today I realized just how much better of a sidescraper the E5 is.
Maybe I should have just fucked off after the first 3 consecutive pens (already having lost ~1200 HP) but 1) I was stubborn into thinking that sidescraping is where the E100 should be king and 2) was already too disheartened & disgusted by the ease with which the E5 slapped me.

And no, I couldn't slap him back, couldn't even do anything to him when he was pulling back to take the shot (when I was already aimed for him). Tried to go for the LFP, but no dice. The last shot before I died I even tried to go for the engine deck.

If/when you can watch the replay, you'll see what I mean. It literally killed my entire mood for the rest of the day.

E100 will only work if they hit your side armor. Now i have to look at your replay :doge:

Maybe an advice on the turret angling. If the enemy is "very" far and shoots heat, you can angle like this, and you can rock the tank back and forth:

Capture.png

this way there is a good chance they will actually hit the gun mantlet or the side.

If the enemy is very close range aka face-hug, then you can use the 45°-ish version, because they will tend to shoot at the middle of the armor plate, which in this case will increase the angle.

Generally you want to make them hard to decide where can they pen you, and if it is obvious, then you want to make it hard to hit that spot.

The other thing is against tier 10 TD guns you don't want to test your armor. You can still bait shoots with your turret side if they are bad, but I would never push a JPZ, if I don't have to.

Man it's your fault. 

t9OQf2r.jpg

You show face to E5, instead you need angle turret to right, bait shot into side, and try to slap E5. But it's hard because E5 have strong turret and cupola on the other side and i think some sand covers LFP. I'm not sure about overmatch of engine deck or side, i must check. 

And after realising he hits your face, you over angle your side making it easy HEAT pen. 

I know there were some really bad angles I took, but that was when I was "WTFing" hard after initially turning my turret to the right, I was badly estimating his shell trajectory, tried being safer by angling the turret to the left. That was indeed my bad.

As for the final hull shot - at that point I was desperately trying to at least absorb his HEAT shell with my spaced armor, didn't know if I was overangled or not.

3 hours ago, RC_Tank said:

Wiggling the turret and hitting W/S will get a lot more bounces than just sitting still with the turret angled.

Yep if you have to expose face, that's maybe best chance to hit gun mantlet. 

But still best tactics is bait ahot into side (while face is covered with hard cover) and return fire. Problem is in this E5 duel, E5 is so damn hard to pen, more agile and with better gin handling. So in this situation he can fire and pull back before E100 turd aim on weak spot. I would rather hassle him with HE than trying to pixel shot. 

Other thing I would try is to pull back (let him grow some balls) and possibly come out when you can more easily trade with LFP. 

3rd options is run away and find easier targets.

Also you can watch YouTube replays of E100, that always helps me (even with 30k games) if I struggle with some tank or map. You can always find better players than you. ;) 

1 hour ago, Pinkerson said:

Well WG if you want to give E5 armor and speed atleast dont give it retarded gun handling and dpm. 

E5 was lot worse before, but after mighty HD buff tank received all around comfort. 

On the other hand E100 with better gun handling would be cancer as fuck with 340 HEAT 750 alpha vs anything that has remotely less armor. I would appreciate a bit of shell speed, everything else is resonable good. 

9 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

E5 was lot worse before, but after mighty HD buff tank received all around comfort. 

On the other hand E100 with better gun handling would be cancer as fuck with 340 HEAT 750 alpha vs anything that has remotely less armor. I would appreciate a bit of shell speed, everything else is resonable good. 

Super heavy is obsolete now since E5 has the armor and speed but the alpha(which doesn't matter that much cause it has retarded dpm)  

Yeah i agree with you, E100 is well balanced but i think it needs more AP pen(230-240)so people don't shoot HEAT everytime

17 minutes ago, Pinkerson said:

Super heavy is obsolete now since E5 has the armor and speed but the alpha(which doesn't matter that much cause it has retarded dpm)  

Yeah i agree with you, E100 is well balanced but i think it needs more AP pen(230-240)so people don't shoot HEAT everytime

230-240 is bad. It doesn't make difference when gin is potato, and risking IS-3 bounce or T-54 is just not worth it. All high AP pen gins (like E5) work just because of ridiculous gun handling. Look at poor IS-7... So HEAT will be primary ammo of good players. You don't want bounce any shots in E100.

9 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

230-240 is bad. It doesn't make difference when gin is potato, and risking IS-3 bounce or T-54 is just not worth it. All high AP pen gins (like E5) work just because of ridiculous gun handling. Look at poor IS-7... So HEAT will be primary ammo of good players. You don't want bounce any shots in E100.

give it 250 pen then xD. Seriously, if they buff the pen i'd be happy and start grinding E100 line( i only play it on test server cos broke af). Pls wg nerf E5

12 minutes ago, Pinkerson said:

give it 250 pen then xD. Seriously, if they buff the pen i'd be happy and start grinding E100 line( i only play it on test server cos broke af). Pls wg nerf E5

We had this conversation before, only CR tanks on T10 (like E5, 50B... although i run all auto loaders with GOLD) are with good pen and gun handling, IS-7 is useless with AP, same goes to E100, 113...

APCR/HEAT is way to go, as i said you don't want miss show with slow, soft and bad DPM tank.

On 20/01/2017 at 3:14 PM, BlackAdder said:

Yep if you have to expose face, that's maybe best chance to hit gun mantlet. 

But still best tactics is bait ahot into side (while face is covered with hard cover) and return fire. Problem is in this E5 duel, E5 is so damn hard to pen, more agile and with better gin handling. So in this situation he can fire and pull back before E100 turd aim on weak spot. I would rather hassle him with HE than trying to pixel shot. 

Other thing I would try is to pull back (let him grow some balls) and possibly come out when you can more easily trade with LFP. 

3rd options is run away and find easier targets.

Also you can watch YouTube replays of E100, that always helps me (even with 30k games) if I struggle with some tank or map. You can always find better players than you. ;) 

Somewhere at the back of my head there was a voice of reason/reality, telling me "no, this game is fucked up beyond any recognition, stop pretending you're still playing to your strengths by sidescraping in the E100 against a bloody E5 - just fall back and try to be less useless somewhere else".

But god, that concept was so bloody annoying it made me too stubborn. I still find it utterly retarded.

36 minutes ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Somewhere at the back of my head there was a voice of reason/reality, telling me "no, this game is fucked up beyond any recognition, stop pretending you're still playing to your strengths by sidescraping in the E100 against a bloody E5 - just fall back and try to be less useless somewhere else".

But god, that concept was so bloody annoying it made me too stubborn. I still find it utterly retarded.

E100 is still strong, that HP and gun can really melt down stupid/weak opponents, and you can nice trade with every tank in game if he doesn't rush you. But this was classic mistake, showing face to HEAT E5. As i said watch as many replays as you can find, and you will see strengths more clearly. 

I played a bit of E100 and E5 is the worst T10HT you can encounter in the E100, if it's hull down you have to hit the cupola with HEAT (good luck with that..) While he melt you down with HEAT in your face.

Just like facing an fv215B in an E5 is awfull since he slice through the cupola with godlike gun handling in your cupola and APCR. 

2 minutes ago, DHP said:

I played a bit of E100 and E5 is the worst T10HT you can encounter in the E100, if it's hull down you have to hit the cupola with HEAT (good luck with that..) While he melt you down with HEAT in your face.

Just like facing an fv215B in an E5 is awfull since he slice through the cupola with godlike gun handling in your cupola and APCR. 

But HE? 

16 minutes ago, DHP said:

Always does damage. kappa. 

It's better some than none. And if you can bounce few HEAT from E5, 150 can really mess him up. But I agree one on one E5 is tough mothafucker.